Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: For BCD2000 Users... drivers upgrade - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djkikePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi all,

I'm exepriencing same problems than all of BCD2000 users, freezing when buffer runs out, freezing if connected to LAN (VDJRadio), not all functions runnig (split..)... most of us made some "home" patches to make it work, but this is not practical.

I want to thank so much the effort that VDJ Team made to have this HW running properly with VDJ but now the problem goes further...we need Behringer to make better drivers to run with VDJ.

I contacted Behringer technical service and explained all the problems. i exchanged several mails with them, i talked about he huge comunity in VDJ suffering of this... seems that for the last answer they are going to investigate a little bit more but "its gonna take a little time" and "cannot compromise".

What i propose here is that the VDJ users really interested in having this controller fully compatible and working with VDJ write to Behringer... if they receive more instances to upgrade their drivers, they will be more interested in doing it and all of us will be in profit of this.

So, click here and ask behringer to review their drivers.. :

http://behringer-en.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/behringer_en.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php?p_sid=K48qQ8li&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MjMxJnBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=

Posted Fri 27 Oct 06 @ 2:00 pm
Anyone having an answer from behringer is welcome to comment

Posted Sat 28 Oct 06 @ 12:17 am
done!

Posted Sat 28 Oct 06 @ 10:04 am
Thanks dude!! ;)

Posted Sat 28 Oct 06 @ 11:16 pm
sent a message.hope it works.. still using old hercules...bcd 2000 still in box

Posted Sun 29 Oct 06 @ 3:33 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
multipul emails always the best way lol

Posted Sun 29 Oct 06 @ 5:20 pm
I returned to my MK2 and keep my bcd2000 in his box also...awaiting for changes. Is a very bad feeling when you have club full of people and music or video suddenly stops, well, sometimes is the better way for people to realize there's a dj there, not a jukebox LOL

Posted Mon 30 Oct 06 @ 8:59 am
lol

Posted Mon 30 Oct 06 @ 11:50 am
micha3lHome userMember since 2006
HERE IS A RESPONSE FROM BEHRINGER ABOUT THE BCD-2000

Dear Draw Kwik,

Thank you for writing!

There's a few things to check for, Draw Kwik. In some instances, it's just a simple tweak or adjustment, as audio functions are processor intensive, and in some instances, some settings may need to be adjusted to optimize the OS for peak performance. I'd suggest checking the following:

Disable any background processes, such as 'Anti-virus' software, that may be running in the background. Such background processes and applications degrade system performance and hog processor cycles.

Do not connect the BCD2000 through a USB 'hub'. Connect it directly to a USB port on your computer.

If you are still experiencing difficulties, try a different USB cable to help you troubleshoot for a bad cable.

Disconnect any other connected USB peripherals, especially if they are connected to the same USB bus as the BCD2000. This includes USB storage devices such as hard drives, optical drives, or other storage media; USB mice (try using a regular PS/2 mouse, as USB mice can hog a lot of bandwidth on the USB bus), other USB audio or MIDI interfaces or peripherals, such as USB/MIDI interfaces, keyboard controllers, or control surfaces, etc. Then reinstall the BCD2000 and try again. Once you are able to get the BCD2000 running, then you can begin reconnecting your other USB devices, one at a time, testing your setup again after adding each device. USB audio devices take a large amount of bandwidth on the USB bus, so you may find that you need to dedicate a USB 2.0 bus to the BCD2000, or you may find that you can't 'share' the computer's USB bus with too many other devices without crippling performance.

Disable other resource-hogging items, such as screensavers or 'energy saver' settings on your computer.

In addition to upgrading the BCD2000 drivers
points are :
· Upgrade to Service Pack 2
· Instead of using a USB hub, connect directly
· Deactivate virus scanner / MSN Messenger
· Deactivate ACPI compliant control method
features
· Adjust display settings for maximum performance
· Ensure DMA mode for all hard drives

If you are still having difficulties with the BCD2000 you can send us a copy of your computer's ".NFO" file, which tells us specifics about your computer and the peripherals installed on it. We can then send this to our engineers for additional suggestions for your setup.

Go to START > ACCESSORIES > SYSTEM TOOLS > SYSTEM INFORMATION

The SYSTEM INFORMATION applet will open, and may take a minute saying 'refreshing system information'. Wait until it completes, then go to FILE > SAVE.

Make sure the "SAVE AS TYPE:" option is set to "System Information File (*.NFO)", and give the file a name that will be clear to us that it's from you (such as Firstname_Lastname_Computer.NFO - substituted with your actual name of course). Save this file to your Desktop or another location where you will be able to find it easily!

Use a file-compression utility such as WinZip (www.winzip.com) to 'zip' this large file (typically 1 megabyte or more) into a smaller file that you can then attach to your response to us, then reply to this message and attach the zipped .NFO file to your response. We will then have our engineering department look at the .NFO file so that we can look for additional suggestions specific to your system configuration that may help.

Suggestions for tweaking Windows® XP for Music applications :

You can find more tips and information at
http://www.musicxp.net/tuning_tips.php

For Windows® XP Professional please ensure that you have administrator rights !
o We recommend installing Win® XP Service Pack 2
o We recommend deactivating all virus scanners
o We recommend removing all unnecessary applications from the autostart menu

- START > RUN > MSCONFIG > AUTOSTART > REMOVE ALL (THE APPLIACTION BCA2KCPAN.EXE IS OPENED AUTOMATICALLY THE NEXT TIME THE ASIO DRIVER IS STARTED)

- * RIGHT MOUSE-CLICK ON TASKBAR > PROPERTIES > STARTMENU > CLASSIC STARTMENU

- * RIGHT MOUSE-CLICK ON DESKTOP > PROPERTIES > DESIGNS > WINDOWS CLASSIC

* These settings are purely to enable the following adjustments to be made. If desired, these settings may be restored afterwards.

- RIGHT MOUSE-CLICK ON START > EXPLORER > RIGHT CLICK ON DRIVE C:\ > PROPERTIES > GENERAL > UNTICK “ALLOW INDEXING SERVICE TO INDEX THIS DISC FOR FAST FILE SEARCHING”

- RIGHT CLICK ON DESKTOP > PROPERTIES > BACKGROUND > NO BACKGROUND IMAGE

- RIGHT CLICK ON DESKTOP > PROPERTIES > SCREEN SAVER > NO SCREEN SAVER

- RIGHT CLICK ON DESKTOP > PROPERTIES > SCREEN SAVER > POWER OPTIONS > POWER SCHEMES > SWITCH OFF MONITOR – NEVER

- RIGHT CLICK ON DESKTOP > PROPERTIES > SCREEN SAVER > POWER OPTIONS > POWER SCHEMES > SWITCH OFF HARD DRIVES – NEVER

- RIGHT CLICK ON DESKTOP > PROPERTIES > SCREEN SAVER > POWER OPTIONS > POWER SCHEMES > STANDBY – NEVER

- RIGHT CLICK ON DESKTOP > PROPERTIES > SCREEN SAVER > POWER OPTIONS > HIBERNATION > DEACTIVATE HIBERNATION

- RIGHT CLICK ON „MY COMPUTER“ ICON > PROPERTIES > ADVANCED > PERFORMANCE SETTINGS > VISUAL EFFECTS > ADJUST FOR BEST PERFORMANCE

- RIGHT CLICK ON „MY COMPUTER“ ICON > PROPERTIES > ADVANCED > PERFORMANCE SETTINGS > ADVANCED > SET TO BACKGROUND SERVICES

- RIGHT CLICK ON „MY COMPUTER“ ICON > PROPERTIES > ADVANCED > PERFORMANCE SETTINGS > ADVANCED > SET TO SYSTEM CACHE

- START > SETTINGS > CONTROL PANEL > SYSTEM > ADVANCED > PERFORMANCE SETTINGS > ADVANCED > VIRTUAL MEMORY > CHANGE CUSTOM SIZE. SET INITIAL AND MAXIMUM SIZE TO THE SAME VALUE = CA. 1.5X RAM CAPACITY

- RIGHT CLICK ON MY COMPUTER > PROPERTIES > HARDWARE > DEVICE MANAGER > ACPI BATTERY CONTROLLER > DEACTIVATE

- RIGHT CLICK ON MY COMPUTER > PROPERTIES > HARDWARE > DEVICE MANAGER > USB CONTROLLERS > RIGHT CLICK ON USB ROOT HUB > PROPERTIES > POWER OPTIONS > REMOVE TICKS FROM BOTH BOXES (REPEAT THIS FOR EACH ROOT HUB ENTRY)

- START > SETTINGS > CONTROL PANEL > AUTOMATIC UPDATES > DEACTIVATE AUTOMATIC UPDATES

- START > SETTINGS > CONTROL PANEL > USER ACCOUNTS > CHANGE THE WAY USERS LOG ON OR OFF > UNTICK “USE FAST USER SWITCHING”

- START > SETTINGS > TASKBAR AND START MENU > TASKBAR > UNCHECK "HIDE INACTIVE ICONS”

We hope that we have been able to help you with this information.

Best regards,

Your BEHRINGER Customer Support Team

Posted Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 3:10 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Anyone else think that VDJ still has a problem after reading that?

My favorite part was

don't use a usb hard drive with the bcd 2000.

Posted Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 4:32 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJ Cyder wrote :
don't use a usb hard drive with the bcd 2000.
LOL! Behringer driver make me smile :)
He he, perfect driver I think, BCD2000 can only remain in a box waiting for a decent driver.

Posted Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 8:41 am
LOL LOL LOL,
Can you imagine checking all this stuff each night before starting the session at the club??
WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!

I hope they change their mind and start working to fix the product.

Posted Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 8:56 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
A man name Gianluca Sarritzu
Customer Support Administrator, European Business Center
BEHRINGER International GmbH

have already answer to one Italian PRO user "The problem is Virtual DJ and not the Driver but the Behringer technical department have a solution, please contact..."

But if the solution is the answer arrived to the user micha3l from BEHRINGER Customer Support Team I can only think Behringer service support is ridiculous and the driver too.

Posted Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 11:03 am
I agree with you cioce and i got the same kind of answers from Behringer.

My answer to that was a comparison between BCD2000 and MK2... MK2 hasn't such problems and is as powerful as BCD, although it doesn't look so pro. I remar them that i returned using MK2 awaiting them to fix driver problems.

I also sent them a link to our forum to make them realise how many people is in the same situation, that we are a huge community and that VDJ team has already done their work about BCD2000. We cannot go forward without their help so they have to think about if they want to keep the VDJ people that bought BCD2000.

Anyway, you can also answer him that if you try to use Behringer soft with LAN enabled, for example, you also got problems...that's drivers problem!!! of course, no VDJ user is going to change to BCD soft as it has absolutely nothing to do.

Posted Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 12:22 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
For a few more bucks you can own the DAC 3 and get on with djing instead of this BS.

Nobody can DJ at their best if you have to worry about this kind of thing.

Posted Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 3:56 pm
hear hear!

i agree

Posted Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 4:24 pm
for all those users qhta still have a problem using a laptop and the bcd2000, I just found a topyc at Xylio forum from a user that found a solution and he fixed some problems working with bcd and a laptop, I am gping to post his own words:

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:40 pm Post subject: Problem solve / performance improvement topic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to make a a topic which sums up everything you can do to solve problems or improve performance. Please reply everything you can come up with, and I'll post them here in the first message!

* Install latest driver:
http://www.behringer.com/05_support/bc_download/bc_downloads.cfm?lang=ENG

* Install latest BDJ

* Install Windows update when using SP2:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/a/d/1adc7d18-0a2a-430a-b4a4-f838a6c0fdb2/WindowsXP-KB920872-x86-ENU.exe

* Use tips on: http://www.musicxp.net/tuning_tips.php

* Disable modem

* Disable wlan

* Install SpeedSwitch when using laptop with mobile processor:
http://www.diefer.de/speedswitchxp/

Note: as I'm no computer expert: use anything on own risk.

Token from: RICKIT (a BCD's user on Xylio forum)

I hope this help,

I do not own a laptop, so I would like that someboby who does test it...

Regards

Dj Quintana

Posted Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 5:11 am
Thanks Julio, i would try when i find a little time.
By the way, are you using BCD2000 with VDJRadio? ow did you solved LAN connection comaptibility?

Posted Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 6:22 pm
I use the BCD with my PC (it is a DESCKTOP) and I use TCV hooked up to the bcd and an external mixer, so I do not have that kind of problems, I use a pentium 4 at 3.0 procesor and 2 gygas on memory, I just plug in my bcd and the turntables to my bcd the bcd to my mixer and the rec output on my mxer to my pc and ready to go....
never freeze, never stop, and I could use just the bcd as a sound card and a controller also but using the ASIO drivers and an external mixer...nad yes, I play with that on the radio

regards

dj quintana

Posted Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 7:18 pm
So you did nothing to solve the incompatibility of BCD with LAN connection? It does not freeze when you are on the radio?

Posted Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 12:43 am
36%