Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: For BCD2000 Users... drivers upgrade - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jerrydv wrote :
djkike wrote :
you really get support from behringer? lucky guy LOL
I hope they solve the problem incompatibility with internet connection

I have VDJ working with my BCD2000 and wireless lan working at the same time. for some it works and others not. Depends on your setup. I have no onboard wireless on my laptop so Ive had to get a pcmcia wireless card from linksys.

that's right, depens on your set up I have not problems working with VDJ and BCD even playing on the radio (VDJ radio) that's mean that i use BCD even when I am on line I use a Pentium 4 3.0 with 2 gygas on ram it is a pc but I have noticed that bcd start making some probles when i conect an external accesorie as a web cam or something using usb...but if you do not plug nothing in everything works SUPER with a GREATH SOUND ussing ASIO DRIVERS.

dj quintana

Posted Mon 20 Nov 06 @ 3:38 pm
So it means that disabling or unisntalling any hardware from the laptop bcd should work just fine, shouldn't it?

Posted Wed 22 Nov 06 @ 2:05 am
kevin56Home userMember since 2006
well eeh, yeah it works but it should work without all this stuff.
and then you can do this to make it a more stable platform.
so it works but we still need a driver update!!!

greats, dj kevv

Posted Thu 23 Nov 06 @ 8:40 pm
djkikePRO InfinityMember since 2004
I just bought brand new VAIO. Only intalled VDJ and BCD2000 and still freezes.
YES we DO need new driver UPDATE!!!
And Headphones split operative for new VDJ revision ;)

Posted Thu 23 Nov 06 @ 11:32 pm
Does anyone get a new response from behringer about new driver update?

Posted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 5:22 pm
I tryed.. Nothing after 8 days

Posted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 7:39 pm
dconroyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I sent the following query to Behringer myself as a prospective BCD2000 purchaser:

Quote :
I am a Virtual DJ user and like the features and feel of the BCD 2000 but have read of the many issues revolving around Virtual DJ and the BCD2000 Behringer drivers.

I would very much like to see the driver situation resolved so that I can purchase the BCD2000 without fear. I am really anxious to get a controller and would much prefer the BCD to a Hercules console.

Please let me know if this driver issue is being resolved, or if possible let me know when it is.

Here is the response I got:
Quote :

As far as VIRTUAL DJ goes - we downloaded and installed the trial version 4.1r2 and found that the BCD-2000 is one of the supported control surfaces, we were able to control most of the functions on the screen from the BCD-2000, including audio routing both in and out of the BCD-2000. For further information, I'd suggest contacting Virtual DJ at www.virtualdj.com

We hope that we have been able to help you with this information.

Best regards,

Your BEHRINGER Customer Support Team

That doesn't sound real promising.

Posted Fri 08 Dec 06 @ 10:51 pm
Thanks for your try dconroy.
this guys from Behringer seem to be always at the same position, no compromise at all.
I'm starting to think they dont really have a R&D department, just only a selling team. So very bad luck for us

Posted Fri 08 Dec 06 @ 10:59 pm
tanziPRO InfinityMember since 2005
They got "audio routing in AND out" on work?!
This means Line in not only for timecoded, AND mic in?!
Maybe they can tell us how to do this?!

Posted Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 3:26 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i bet a sales person tried it out

half heartedly

Posted Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 9:34 pm
I'd be willing to place a wager that Behringer is going to drop this peice of kit in the very near future. Unless they do an entire redevelopment to the drivers and midi of the unit - it'll end up either being returned or sitting on peoples shelf.

I'd suggest you return the unit. Complaints don;t seem to be working but a lot of warranty claims and subsequent credit transfers would make a C.F.O. take notice.

Side benifit is that you get your money back - or a store credit to purchase something else.

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion NightClub

Posted Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 11:00 pm
Hard option but after all those responses i`m starting to think this is gonna be the only option

Posted Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 11:17 pm
Behringer will make a new one and it will cost over $300 (and it still want work)

Posted Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 11:18 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
as a certified techno nerd im suprissed and saddened on berigners handling of the situation as the unit could be very very good if they put their mind to it

if only i understood driver making fully then id have a shot

Posted Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 11:28 pm

From a VDJ user:

"BEHRINGER SUPPORT TEAM SOLVED MY PROBLEM. HERE IS THEIR TECHNICAL SUPPORT LETTER. GOOD LUCK !!!! "

letter from Behringer

Dear Customer,

Hi and thank you for writing to BEHRINGER technical support!

First, make sure that you have updated your Virtual DJ software to the very latest available version, which has been updated and enhanced with direct support for the BCD2000 interface. We've tested the BCD2000 here in our Tech Support office with the latest update of Virtual DJ (v4.1r2)and have yet to experience any compatibility problems.

Also make sure that you have updated your BCD2000 driver to the very latest version available from BEHRINGER's web site. Go to the BCD2000 page on BEHRINGER's web site and then select the "B Control Downloads" link on the right hand side of the page to access the downloads page.

http://www.behringer.com/BCD2000/index.cfm?lang=ENG

If you're experiencing problems or performance issues when using the BCD2000 as an audio interface with Virtual DJ or any other software, you may need to experiment with adjusting (increasing) the buffering/latency setting in the BCD2000 control panel.

http://www.behringer.com/05_support/bc_download/bc_downloads.cfm?lang=eng

Please make sure to download and install the updated version of the BCD2000 driver from the web site downloads area, rather than the driver version that came on the enclosed CD. This new version of the driver fixes data transfer issues with some host controllers and is a highly recommended update.

In addition we recommend checking the following things about your setup before re-installing the BCD driver using the newer version downloadable from www.behringer.com and trying again:

Disable any background processes, such as 'Anti-virus' software, that may be running in the background. Such background processes and applications degrade system performance and hog processor cycles.

Do not connect the BCD2000 through a USB 'hub'. Connect it directly to a USB port on your computer.

If you are still experiencing difficulties, try a different USB cable to help you troubleshoot for a bad cable.

Disconnect any other connected USB peripherals, especially if they are connected to the same USB bus as the BCD2000. This includes USB storage devices such as hard drives, optical drives, or other storage media; USB mice (try using a regular PS/2 mouse, as USB mice can hog a lot of bandwidth on the USB bus), other USB audio or MIDI interfaces or peripherals, such as USB/MIDI interfaces, keyboard controllers, or control surfaces, etc. Then reinstall the BCD2000 and try again. Once you are able to get the BCD2000 running, then you can begin reconnecting your other USB devices, one at a time, testing your setup again after adding each device. USB audio devices take a large amount of bandwidth on the USB bus, so you may find that you need to dedicate a USB 2.0 bus to the BCD2000, or you may find that you can't 'share' the computer's USB bus with too many other devices without crippling performance.

Disable other resource-hogging items, such as screensavers or 'energy saver' settings on your computer.

In addition to upgrading the BCD2000 drivers
points are :
· Upgrade to Service Pack 2
· Instead of using a USB hub, connect directly
· Deactivate virus scanner / MSN Messenger
· Deactivate ACPI compliant control method
features
· Adjust display settings for maximum performance
· Ensure DMA mode for all hard drives

If you are still having difficulties with the BCD2000 you can send us a copy of your computer's ".NFO" file, which tells us specifics about your computer and the peripherals installed on it. We can then send this to our engineers for additional suggestions for your setup.

Go to START > ACCESSORIES > SYSTEM TOOLS > SYSTEM INFORMATION

The SYSTEM INFORMATION applet will open, and may take a minute saying 'refreshing system information'. Wait until it completes, then go to FILE > SAVE.

Make sure the "SAVE AS TYPE:" option is set to "System Information File (*.NFO)", and give the file a name that will be clear to us that it's from you (such as Firstname_Lastname_Computer.NFO - substituted with your actual name of course). Save this file to your Desktop or another location where you will be able to find it easily!

Use a file-compression utility such as WinZip (www.winzip.com) to 'zip' this large file (typically 1 megabyte or more) into a smaller file that you can then attach to your response to us, then reply to this message and attach the zipped .NFO file to your response. We will then have our engineering department look at the .NFO file so that we can look for additional suggestions specific to your system configuration that may help.

Suggestions for tweaking Windows® XP for Music applications :

You can find more tips and information at
http://www.musicxp.net/tuning_tips.php

We hope that we have been able to help you with this information.

Best regards,

Your BEHRINGER Customer Support Team

Posted Sat 16 Dec 06 @ 1:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)