Forum: General Discussion

Topic: For BCD2000 Users... drivers upgrade - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
yeh did u solve the irq conflict?

Posted Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 2:06 am
weskyHome userMember since 2006
Just out of curiosity...

How does the BCD perform as a controller only? I understand the BCD is not a huge fan of VDJ and vice versa but is this related to it being acting as both soundcard and controller or just soundcard?

I plan on using the BCD as a controller for VDJ 3.4 ONLY. All sound will be into a seperate mixer via an extneral soundblaster.

I am a bit confused as to what the problem with the BCD is - sound issues or generally controlling issues.

Posted Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 4:39 am
djkike wrote :
So you did nothing to solve the incompatibility of BCD with LAN connection? It does not freeze when you are on the radio?

I just use the confg on my blog, (the one that shows how to hook the bcd to work with TCV'S) just do that and follow the images and you'll be ok, I repite, I use A desktop, for playing on the radio

Dj Quintana

Posted Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 6:22 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
well I had a bcd2000 on order recently but you know what, I canceled my order and got a dac-3 instead. I'm glad i did. Sitting here with the dac-3 2 external drives connected wlan active and couldn't be happier. Using nforce asio drivers and the dac is a great experience.

Posted Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 7:24 am
I sent in my email for assistance though the link as well. I currently have 2 units sitting here that were purchased as new, but look re boxed. The place I ordered from samedaymusic.com was quick to replace the first crappy unit, and now I am sending them both back, because of how poorly this unit performs.

Thanks to DJ Quintana for the tutorial as well as Chris for the xml file but I was still unable to get stable performance using the BCD 2000 as a controller and sound card :(

I traded them both in for the DJ Console MK2...

Posted Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 8:49 pm
sorry to headt that, I know some users still have some problem trying to use BCD with laptos, BTW I own a Desktop, and I am usin my BCD at home as a controller and sound card using ASIO DRIVERS, and I've had not problems at all, I've playing for mare thatn 6 hours with out problems, but laptops are different, Now I know that BCD mappers has been relassed, why you don't try this mapper, I know that somebady wrote in a different post that it was the solution for him, just tryit if not, I will be very sorry because that....

however, if you need assistance just adme to your msn, you could find my msn info at my blog

regards

dj quintana

Posted Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 9:08 pm
djkikePRO InfinityMember since 2004
@ GiraffeHunter

thanks for sending feedback to behringer throug link posted.

I still hope they will start working on making a better driver.

Posted Thu 09 Nov 06 @ 8:50 am
Just received my bcd2000. It works fine in B-DJ but will NOT work in VDJ at any cost. Does the same thing that it does for others.....plays for a hot 4seconds or a bit longer and then freezes. How the hell can Behringer say that people should make all those changes and that it will help solve the problem...is beyond me. Are they aware that the problem is when the device uses anything but the software it came with? From the many forums, it appears Traktor users are having the same problems....

Works great as a midi controller though.

Posted Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 4:19 am
micha3lHome userMember since 2006
TURN OFF your WiFi or DISABLING it in Network Connections!

Posted Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 6:52 am

Posted Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 10:31 am
Well I received a worthless response from a behringer rep! Posted below. When I mention that the asio works fine with their software, but no one elses....... they still can't get past the fact that they think it has to do with resources and whatnot. But if that was the case, it shouldn't work with ANYTHING.
However I give mad props to moramax for writing a fantastic mapper for the midi control. Very nice!

Response (Jorge H.) 16/11/2006 12.22 PM
Dear Jason Grove,

Thank you for writing, Jason.

The fact that the BDJ Xylio software is running correctly and uninterrupted is a good sign. Support for VIRTUAL DJ should be coming from Atomix productions, but the trial version 4.1r2 we've got loaded here seems to be working OK. As far as making the recommended settings to your setup, that's what we recommend. Reason being is that even though you may have enough horsepower in your PC's processor to run lots of processes simultaneously, audio processes require that they run uninterrupted. Unfortunately, every time that a process engages while the audio program is running, the hard drive has to access and write data somewhere else, especially if it's the startup drive, which is not only running the application, loading up the audio and running the OS at the same time as running the background processes. While this is happening, the buffer fills up, and once it gets to a certain point, it has to dump its data to make room for new data. Once this happens, this will cause the application to pause, or in more severe situations, cause it to lock up. Additionally, there's the extra burden on all the busses (USB, Ethernet) that the processor has to manage while you're doing the audio task. This is why we recommend streamlining all processes when operating the BCD-2000.

Posted Thu 16 Nov 06 @ 11:45 pm
moramaxPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
thanks jasontgrove.....
we hope that the driver situation of bcd in the next future will be better!!!

Posted Fri 17 Nov 06 @ 12:19 am
Yes, behringer promissed 2 updates this year.

Posted Fri 17 Nov 06 @ 4:11 am
moramaxPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
mmm...2 updates this year...mmm...next month finish the year...

Posted Fri 17 Nov 06 @ 8:01 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Xylio promissed 2 updates for the BCD software, not the drivers.

Posted Fri 17 Nov 06 @ 6:54 pm
Any BCD updates would be welcome if they make better working with VDJ.
When would be phones split split working for VDJ?

Posted Sat 18 Nov 06 @ 1:21 am
rdtraxxHome userMember since 2006
When developers team find the right solution... Others programs do it really well.

Posted Sun 19 Nov 06 @ 3:54 am
kevin56Home userMember since 2006
i had the same problem as a lot of people here, the freezing of vdj
but thanx to this forum and a lot of support from behringer i fixed it.

try using this:
http://www.musicxp.net/tuning_tips.php

it worked for me

dj kevv

Posted Sun 19 Nov 06 @ 4:47 pm
you really get support from behringer? lucky guy LOL
I hope they solve the problem incompatibility with internet connection

Posted Sun 19 Nov 06 @ 8:42 pm
jerrydvPRO InfinityMember since 2005
djkike wrote :
you really get support from behringer? lucky guy LOL
I hope they solve the problem incompatibility with internet connection

I have VDJ working with my BCD2000 and wireless lan working at the same time. for some it works and others not. Depends on your setup. I have no onboard wireless on my laptop so Ive had to get a pcmcia wireless card from linksys.

Posted Mon 20 Nov 06 @ 11:58 am
73%