Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: jpboggis DAC3 dll losing connection with my DAC3.please help...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Guys,

After installing jpboggis' DAC3 dll as the readme said, my unit works fine and loads up showing his name on the display and the version number (yes, I did install dac3.dll to: VirtualDJPluginsControlDevice).

The problem comes when I use the pitch sliders. After using them, the DAC3 loses connection with the software and does not respond.

Is anyone else having the same problem? I have xp pro sp1 with the .NET Framework v. 1.1

Posted Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 3:56 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Killabee44, you may find that you need to update to the .net 2.0 framework

Posted Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 4:36 am
cstoll,

Ok, thanks. But does that mean that I need to upgrade XP to SP2? Didn't really want to since its been working fine for so long.

Killabee44

Posted Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 4:47 am
From what I am seeing on the MS site, the answer is NO, you shouldn't however, if it not on the MS website doesn't me it's not necessary. Also, I don't have the DAC3, and if you are using 4.1 with the new drivers, my only reason for that initial suggestion is that their was discussion about having to update to the .NET 2.0 framework to possibly support the new controller environment. Not to scare anyone, but I know the coding environment is changing and this may require moving forward, that people continue to update when updates come available by the Operation System vendor, in this case MS.

cstoll

Posted Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 5:02 am
Ok... I understand what you mean. Its just that this pc is working perfect with my music and videos.

I am wondering if anyone on XP PRO SP1 has installed the .NET 2.0 Framework and what were their results..

Posted Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 5:22 am
I broke down and installed SP2, and .NET 2.0 Framework but the problem is still happening..

BTW.. I meant that when you move the pitch sliders all the way up and down (sometimes it takes several tries) on the DAC3, it loses connection with the pc and all buttons stop functioning.

I'll try to narrow the problem down tomorrow. If anyone has experienced this, please post.

Killabee44

Posted Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 6:14 am
From memory, no .NET framework is required for the latest version, I could be wrong. Is anyone else having these issues?

To those that are, try removing the DAC3 mapper plugin from the controldevice directory (So Boggis doesnt apper in the displays) and try with the built in mapper, if it still happens, its the DAC, or VDJ, then try plugging the same DAC into another PC with VDJ, and see if the problem follows the DAC. Perhaps trying another programme (only for test i assure you!) if it happens then, the DAC may have a problem.

Posted Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 10:56 am
.NET framework shouldn't be needed for the latest mapper (Tested on a Win2000 PC without this installed.)

Does the mapper stop functioning altogether (E.g: Buttons stop working AND displays stop updating), or is it jus the buttons/sliders/jogwheels only?

If the display keep working, it could be a communication problem between the DAC-3 and VDJ. Pulling out the USB cable and then re-connecting will often cause this problem. When the DAC-3 is reconnected, VDJ continues to send the display updates that the mapper generates, but stops sending events to the mapper (E.g: Button presses, slider movement, etc.) I'm not sure whether this is still the case in the latest versions of VDJ (Not tried doing this recently.)

What version of VDJ are you using? Is it the first release of 4.1 or the new 4.1r2 update? The DAC-3 shouldn't need 4.1r2 because this only has updates for DAC-2/DJ Console/BCD2000;

Does the default DAC-3 support built into VDJ work or does this have the same problem?

Are you able to try the DAC-3 and VDJ on another PC?

Posted Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 4:07 pm
jpboggis,

First of all, thanks for your help (everyone else who replied too)...

Ok, I took out your dll file and tried the default one. And the problem persists, so its not your dll file. This also makes sense since it looks like im the only one with this problem.

The display keeps working fine showing the correct time elapsed and the leds light up on the dac3. The problem is that when you press the buttons on the dac3 nothing happens. If I unplug the usb cable on the dac3 and reconnect it, then re-open vdj (Im using 4.1 not 4.1r2) the dac3 works fine again until I use the pitch sliders on the dac3. Then the buttons stop responding again. The jog wheels do not respond either.

Ok, I found that I can make the buttons stop responding by spinning the jog wheels fast too.

I will try the dac3 on another pc and post back...

Posted Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 8:24 pm
I have installed VDJ on a test pc and it works fine. I can slam the sliders and spin the jog wheels on the DAC-3 all day and it stays connected like it should. No problems at all.

I tried it with ver. 4.0 and also with 4.1...

Next I will try uninstalling VDJ from my gig pc and re-installing it... Ill post back in a few.

Posted Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 8:55 pm
I uninstalled VDJ and re-installed and the problem is still there... At this point I am ready to pull my hair out. A format and fresh windows install looks to be in the horizon unless someone has any fresh ideas..

Being that his really was not a problem with the DAC-3 DLL file that jpboggis created (thanks btw...) Should I post it in the Hardware section? Thanks.

Posted Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 10:54 pm
Sorry for the original misguidance, one question are you always using the same USB port on you gig machine? And what about the USB cable, did you use the same one from the gig machine when you test the DAC on the other machine?

cstoll

Posted Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 2:09 am
I have tried several different USB ports on the problem machine. I have also tried two different USB cables and had the problem with both. One of those usb cables was the one that worked perfectly on the test machine.

killabee44

Posted Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 3:04 am

Posted Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 12:14 pm
Thanks for the link. The fixes did not work but I re-installed XP and now all is well.

RS

Posted Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 5:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)