Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: HeLp!? Problems with DAC2 Mapper Coding!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Well am I over my head! Could somone "Please" Post step by step instructions on exactly what has to be done to convert a 4.0 mapper, to make it work with 4.1.

I've looked over the SDK, and gee am I confused! Firstly I see in Device.h a GetDeviceType, but I see no info on what numbers are assigned to what devices? The seems to also be some info on what seems to be every other controller except the DAC2 and DMC, the controller my mapper was made for. what extra files are required?

How much of the old code can be reused in the new mapper, if any?
Is there a list some where of the functions now avaliable on the DAC2, ie do the 4 LEDs that were not accessable in 4.0 work now in 4.1, if so what are the codes? (Continue on the display also didn't work in 4.0)
I'm sure this must just be me, as I hear Pern is re-coding his to match 4.1, But I've never felt quite so "Stupid!".

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 1:18 pm
pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I think it's easier to create a new mapper from scratch and just use the ideas than trying to convert the old code.

You can re-use part of the old code. But don't think of converting the old code line by line.

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 4:27 pm
finally I am interested in new dac2 SDK and probably any other infos that could help as I finally have some time to make some new contributions to this great community :-)

Thank you

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 5:00 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You can contact me on MSN Messenger to have it faster

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 6:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)