Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: 30 vdj visuals not working in version 4?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi I wanted to look at some visualisations while I mix so I downloaded the 30 vdj visuals but for some reason I am not able to get it to work.I even extract the files into the vdj 4 video effects plugins folder but I am not able to access it.The rest of plugins in the video effects folder that usally install with vdj all has a .dll format.But the 30 visuals has an .svp format.So can u guys help me out with this one or give me a step by step way on how to properly install these visuals.Thanks

Posted Fri 06 Oct 06 @ 1:20 am
It doesn't matter what folder you put the effects in, I prefer to keep them seperate from the video effects in thier own folder, in say a "Sonique" folder.

Then you need to tell the plugin where the visulisations are, click "EFFECTS" in the browser, then "Video effects" click on sonique, if its not highlighted already, then on the right of the page the settings for sonique should appear, set your directory, then press slideshow (The one on the right of the page) if you want to change visulisations automatically. Click ativate, and then use the slider to set the delay between each vis.

Posted Fri 06 Oct 06 @ 6:57 am
OK well I have followed the steps correctly and added my folder and the effects I wanna see but the only thing is I aint seeing anything displaying on the little video screen.Is there something wrong?

Posted Sat 07 Oct 06 @ 1:30 pm
Ahh, I wrote your PMK before remembering this post.

Do the other effects like text work? Does video display if you play a music video?

Posted Sat 07 Oct 06 @ 2:30 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Sun 08 Oct 06 @ 1:42 pm
Take note that hardware acceleration has to be enabled or the sonique visuals dont work.

Posted Sun 08 Oct 06 @ 3:40 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
should now work in 4.1

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 10:35 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Here available the Reload Pack with 78 Sonique visual effects http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/download.html?addon_id=2457
In my computer Hardware accellerator work fine (Video card ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 128 Mb), maybe in some computer the Hardware accellerator doesn't work and Sonique visual effects have problems :)

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 12:35 pm
None of the others from the "old" packs crash my pc ;)

But cool that you made a repack... for those who need:)

(sorry, forgot to upload it.. after u sent me)

Posted Wed 11 Oct 06 @ 11:50 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :
None of the others from the "old" packs crash my pc ;)

But cool that you made a repack... for those who need:)

(sorry, forgot to upload it.. after u sent me)

Norway, I discovered a flaw in a couple of the files in the old packs, one of which the dev team were able to reproduce, just cant find the thread at the mo.

EDIT

Just done a quick search :-

djcel wrote :
Yes the visual "water.svp" is buggy, remove it from the folder: i have just seen that with the dev team this week ;-)

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 2:03 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)