Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DAC2 VJ Mapper Version 2.2 Released!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Soon as it's approved, it will appear in the tools section of the plugins pages.
Thanks again to jpboggis for his patience and assistance.

UPDATED:
Added "SHIFT"+"-", Trigger player sampler
Rebuilt loop engine, now ranges from 1/8 beat to 128 beats.

NOTE: if you use a DMC1 use Pern's mapper, it's built to better accommodate The DMC.

This is the info,

DMC/DAC2 VJ Mapper For Virtual DJ 3.4+ (www.virtualdj.com)
Design By DJK, Coding By jpboggis
Version 2.2 for Virtual DJ 4.0 Only

Thanks for reading the instructions, thats always a good place to start! This mapper is simply a "Deluxe" version of the virtual DJ built in mapper. It's been built for those that like the loop controls on the "Group" keys, and for those that have perhaps moved over from other software(!) that uses the DAC, and are sort of set on the button functions, like me!
This version includes video switching, direct from the DMC/DAC2, a nice bonus that I miss in the default mapper. I take little credit for its creation, as I know nothing about C++, all thanks goes to jpboggis (Jonathan Boggis) for his daily lessons on what to type and where to put it!

NOTE:
This version is designed for Virtual DJ 4.0, it does seem to work with 3.4 but the FX functions will not work. For Virtual DJ 3.4 Please use VJ Mapper version 1.01.

Any problems, post me a message on the Virtual DJ Forums at www.virtualdj.com

TO INSTALL:
Simply put the dmc1mapper.dll file in your Virtual DJ Folder, where Virtualdj.exe resides. To uninstall, just delete the same dll file and Virtual DJ will resort to it's built in mapper.

WAITLIST:
Use this key with Load, FX, Cue & Play

SHIFT:
Use this key with either FX, The Jog Wheel, Play, Minus or The Match key.

FX:
Applies the selected audio effect, Press again to cancel those effects that don't cancel themselves. SHIFT + FX = Next audio effect, WAITLIST + FX = Previous audio effect.

LOOP/PREVIEW:
This performs a Video Transition to the other player. A quick tap will just switch video to the new player with no transition, similar to a crossfader "Slam". This is useful if you have run out of time on you previous song.
Pressed and held, LOOP/PREVIEW will perform a transition using your selected transition. The Transition will only be applied for as long as you hold the button, so you can also use a combo of transition and slam to create new transitions depending on exactly how long you hold the button down for. For a full transition you'll need to hold the button for about 4 seconds, Just long enough to take a sip from your drink =)

MATCH:
Applies the Beatlock for a moment, to match both BPM's, Beatlock is released when you release the key. To Lock Beatlock press Shift & Match together, to unlock, just repeat!

<<|:
Adjust Loop time shorter, Number of loops is shown on the left of the display. Range from 128 beats to 1/8th beat, another press at 1/8 beat will deactivate loop.

GROUP:
Apply Preset Loop as shown in the display, a second press will exit the loop. When player is in loop play mode, "SINGLE" is shown in the display. Note that 1/8th beat shows as -8, 1/4 shows as -4 and half beat shows at -2. 128 beats shows as "28"

|>>:
Adjust Loop time longer, Number of loops is shown on the left of the display.
Range from 1/8th beat to 128 beats, another press at 128 beats will deactivate loop.

LOAD:
Loads the selected Track into the unused player, This can be used after "Shift+JOG". SHIFT + LOAD Toggles between Elapsed and Remain time in the players, note that time is calulated out for real time display taking pitch into account. The Progress Bar will also flash when the track has 30 seconds remaining, and faster when 10 seconds remain.

JOGWHEEL:
Inner wheel performs a track nudge to set cue points while not playing, and a mild pitch bend while playing. Hold "Shift" and then use the wheel to browse the record library.
Outer wheel is used to Seek throughout the track, if used with "Shift" it will change directories in the browser.

CUE:
Stops the track, Or saves cue point one if pressed with Shift. If pressed while stopped, mapper will progress through avaliable cues, including a virtual one at the begining of the track.

PLAY:
This button does nothing... Except play the track! =)
If Shift is pressed and held while pressing play, Track will stutter play, ie, for as long as the Play button is held. Note that if you Stutter one two many times, releasing Shift first will allow the track to continue after you remove your finger from the Shift button! "Waitlist" + "Play" Plays the selected Sampler.

-:
Pitch Bends the track back while being pressed. When used with SHIFT, triggers player sampler.

+:
Pitch Bends the track forward while being pressed.

History

Version 1.0 (19/06/06)
First Release!

Version 1.01 (13/07/06)
Stutter Play moved to "Shift + Play".
CUE now remembers last used cue.
Pressing CUE while stopped progresses through cues.
Set cue 1 moved to Shift + Cue

Version 2.0 (28/08/06)
Modified mapper to suit Virtual DJ 4.0
Now suits new audio effects of v4
SHIFT + FX = Next audio effect
WAITLIST + FX = Previous audio effect
Elapsed/Remain moved to SHIFT + LOAD
Load now loads deck matching side of button press, not simply "Unloaded" player

Version 2.2 (28/08/06)
Added "SHIFT"+"-", Trigger player sampler
Rebuilt loop engine, now ranges from 1/8 beat to 128 beats.

Posted Wed 27 Sep 06 @ 2:17 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sounds excellent looking forward to dwnld and testing it.
One question what is the key combination to change to CUE point 2 to set it?
Sound like you have accommodated for scrolling through all the 'set' cue points, but still only allow for setting CUE Pt 1. Maybe update in ver. 2.3?

Awesome work, been waiting for an update from the Original Mapper put out by daniels, but not willing to give up to many features.

cstoll

Posted Wed 27 Sep 06 @ 4:37 am
I'm afaraid with no way to show what cue point your about to set, it gets a little complex for me to programe the display to change. as you need a skin with the cues shown, or a real good memory, I only added set cue 1 so if you load up and theres 10 seconds of nothing the beginning of a song, you sorta know theres no cue set, and you then set one. Or press waitlist + cue for auto cue, this most times will be right where you want to start anyway, and you then lock that as a cue 1.

Posted Thu 28 Sep 06 @ 12:01 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
With the original mapper by daniels - he used the left and right arrows to navigate through number 1 to 5 and displayed the number on the dac display in the same location used to display the loop settings. Depending on which number was being displayed that would set a CUE point for that number. This was all possible when in 'Edit' mode for the track. -- View my blog, I have posted the readme from daniels mapper. If you could incorporate that type of functionality then I think you will have hit a home run with this version as an update. From reading your notes above you might need to use a key combination for scrolling through the numbers with the arrows but I know it can be done.

Hope you can make it happen!!

cstoll

Posted Fri 29 Sep 06 @ 3:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)