Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Camera in V4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Posted Tue 26 Sep 06 @ 5:54 pm
Just to elaborate, the pic below shows a couple of screen grabs, one using firewire and the other using USB. If I just view through the normal windows viewer all looks fine and no problems. Using the VDJ "camera" effect I get the following images, that worst one (bottom) is with firewire and the slightly better one (top) is with USB. Someone must know what this is.

Posted Tue 26 Sep 06 @ 7:29 pm
k110mPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Top house thanks for asking that question. I'm having the same problem, using a Sony camera for live feed via - fire wire. Could anyone help with this problem?

Posted Wed 27 Sep 06 @ 3:17 pm
So yours is doing exactly the same thing?

I think it's an error with the 'camera.dll' but i don't know what it is, I'm guessing it's something to do with resolution as an el cherapo webcam works fine.

I'm annoyed about this as i searched all over to find a camcorder that was faulty, ie the tape mechanism broken, so that I could use it just for VDJ. If I open the camera in my 'my computer' or ANY editing software the input picture is superb!

At least one of the dev team MUST have an idea what this is.

Posted Wed 27 Sep 06 @ 3:23 pm
Before using Virtual for Vjing...I had used Swift Elite...I never had a problem with my Sony to do the live video feed....the picture was crystal clear. Especially using the firewire connection...I was also going to mention the Sony I use has a feature called night shot...this is cool especially when your vjing and don't have a good light source for your live feed. The picture is very clear but it gives you that night vision look...

Posted Wed 27 Sep 06 @ 7:51 pm
Any chance of any input from the dev team on this one? If two of us get exactly the same thing then it is an issue.

Posted Thu 28 Sep 06 @ 2:33 pm
WOOOW thats sick how u do that?

Posted Thu 28 Sep 06 @ 7:52 pm
wwe_rules wrote :
WOOOW thats sick how u do that?

You buy V4! Simple.

Come on Team, please at least confirm that you've seen this and acknowledge it! It's an important feature for some of us.

Posted Fri 29 Sep 06 @ 12:27 pm
Tophouse...I added a ticket request to see if a team member could respond to this....

Posted Fri 29 Sep 06 @ 2:45 pm
Great, I was going to do the same, could you please let me know what the outcome is?

Thanks

Posted Fri 29 Sep 06 @ 2:58 pm
Hi guys. I have the same exact problem. Did both Firewire and USB tests and got the same images as posted. I filed a ticket with support and they told me to test on windows Movie maker to see if it was my camera. Well, it wasn't. It worked just fine on Windows Movie maker, so the tech. told me it is a bug in VDJ 4.0. Currently they don't have a fix and any further requests for one go unanswered. I don't know if they read these posts, but I'm sure several people have already filed tickets about this issue. It's a great piece of software, but it still has some major bugs that need fixing. The camera bug is one they should remedy ASAP as this program is essentially geared for the VJ and the Camera feature function is very important for those of us who VJ.

Posted Mon 02 Oct 06 @ 7:21 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
In fact, the Camera plugin needs to be rewritten and dev team is aware of this ;-)

Posted Mon 02 Oct 06 @ 2:42 pm
Wahaaaayyy result! Thanks Cel.

So, when we gonna see the DJCel super vidcam plugin? Go on, you know you wanna do it mate.

Posted Mon 02 Oct 06 @ 3:30 pm
GuztavoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi,
For me the plugin work (well the picture is as good as it can be using an USB webcam ^_^ ).
BUT I've noticed something strange (little 'problem') : when I click on 'Select source' (I think it is the right words), I've the list of all my inputs:
- *ATI 200 input blabla...(Video input of my graphic card)
- USB camera
(the * means checked).
The little problem is that I've to click on the checked one to select the other! For example I've to click on ATI 200... to activate the USB one
See what I mean?
I know this is NOT a big problem ^_^ , just wanted to mention it .
Have a nice day !
Guz

Posted Mon 02 Oct 06 @ 4:38 pm
Tophouse...The Virtual Team responded, advising me that the camera feature was intended for a web cam, however, they are working on a plug-in to allow other applications such as a USB/Firewire camera.

Posted Tue 03 Oct 06 @ 2:30 pm
Working on... I wonder how long, I'm gagging for this plugin. I say we get super Cel the plugin king on the job,

Posted Tue 03 Oct 06 @ 4:51 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
TopHouse wrote :
Working on... I wonder how long, I'm gagging for this plugin. I say we get super Cel the plugin king on the job,

Sorry i don't have time for the moment.

Posted Tue 03 Oct 06 @ 4:54 pm
What about plugging in an ordinary camcorder? Seems I may have to invest in a webcam.

Posted Wed 04 Oct 06 @ 11:12 am
Hmm, I have the same problem, Great pic on Windows movie editor capture, and picture one (in the first post) in virtual dj. If I press Settings or format, VDJ feeezes, and even task manager cannot close it!
Capture device here is an AverMedia Hybrid +FM Cardbus. Its Digital TV, analogue and S-video and comp video capture device. (with a FM radio!)

Posted Fri 17 Nov 06 @ 4:22 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)