Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: To the no licence users

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Come on guys. You are in here complaining about VDJ and you don't even own a licenced version (cracked) or you are using one that was given to you by a licenced user (doubtful). Get the licenced version and SEE/HEAR what it can do. VDJ is WAYYYYY better than Atomixmp3 and I have yet to have a probelm with Atomix that was NOT my fault. As far as any other DJ programs out there I have tried them and both Atomix and VDJ are far more easy and intuitive to use than ANY other dj program. Keep up the good work teamers.

Keep the beat sweet

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 9:46 pm
So why don't you buy VirtualDJ Raw-Bear ? :)

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 10:08 pm
I bought Atomix before the team even started developing VDJ.
I had to wait a year or so to get it even back then. Now my/our money is tied up in a promotional company and I don't have the cash to buy it. Bottom line is that I could use a cracked version or someone elses copy, but, I will not do that.
Point being is that the team has busted their collective butt to give us something, that imo is worth far more than what they are asking for it. They deserve to get paid for it. The ones that complain the most are the no license users. From what I can see the licensed users have legitimate questions on how to use it. I have used the trial version and even the trial version blows Atomix out of the water. Every time I come to the forum there is some no license user complaining. Cracked versions do not work as well as even the trial version. (imo)
If they can't afford VDJ buy Atomix. It will do the job of a DJ until they have a few gigs under their butt and they can buy VDJ. I don't do gigs anymore, but, like everyone here, including the no license users, I enjoy mixing. Even if it is for myself or family and friends. By the way, my mixes play all the time in my store and people are always commenting on them.
I have also done some music CDs for a friend of mine who runs a mall and they are always playing them there.
A cracked version of VDJ or Atomix will not run as good as a licensed version. If you want to be a PRO...get a license.
That way you will.........

Keep the beat sweet

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 11:44 pm
Well said Raw Bear ;)

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 11:55 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Well said Indeed!!!

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 2:14 am
If you want to be a pro, I agree, buy the pro version.........Not only VDJ, but ALL of the programs you use. If you are using software to make money with it should be considered a capitol business expense just like your amps, speakers, mixer, etc.............If you are a pro, making money with the software $200 is not a lot to ask (don't have that $6 starbucks for a month and you can afford to pay for what provides you a living!)..........Other industries charge iutrageous amounts for software (in my sign making business I have spent over $7000 in software to run my printers and vinyl cutter.............dj software is coins compared to that............by the way this goes for your music and videos to BY THEM INSTEAD OF ILLEGALLY DOWNLOADING, especially if you use them to make money with, you expect to get paid for your gigs, the software designers and musicians expect to be paid for theirs!

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 4:10 am
Hey DJ e lectric, thats one of the things my company does too. ( sign making ). Maybe we could e-mail each other and trade some tips. We are going to the sign making trade show this weekend in Toronto. We also have a hand paint sign maker who is imo the best i have ever seen. She can do stuff that I can't even dream of.
to DJ in Norway and philly dj...thanks guys.

In the mean time..............

Keep the beat sweet

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 7:10 am
Raw-bear..........email me anytime at railroads2005@yahoo.com and if you want to check out my sign sight its www.GetThePicture.com I have scaled back quite a bit in the last few years because doing the nightclub thing 5-6 nights a week makes it tough to conduct business in the morning....I primarily focus on large format printing banners and posters for nightclubs (that's where most of my contacts are) and I have just recently gotten back into doing computer cut vinyl lettering..........In the mean time my website needs some serious updating, but I just don't have the hours available.

I figure I will be able to do the sign thing anytime I want until I am too old and weak to move and think, but I got to keep doing the Dj thing (because I love it) while owners believe I am still young enough to "keep up".........It's funny how fo rmany years owners so quickly discarded experience, knowlege and talent for "someone young who looks like a dj". Lucky for me i guess not many jocks do video so the owners desperately need experience and so many clubs are starting to get away for the hip hop/rap scene and most young Dj's just don't have a wide enough (or old enough) music knowlege to do a "variety" type format for the 30+ age crowd.........and before each of you young guys jump my case and say you know how to do variety I know you are the exception to the rule, so no disrespect to those that really can...don't know about where you live but there is only about a half dozen in Arizona and Colorado that really can do variety effectively.

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 9:24 am
wow.nice site....check us out at www.applied-designs.com
we have a world wide client base and we are trying to build up a more local base now....kinda went at it backwards...but its working...will drop you an e-mail later tonight or tomorrow.

Looking forward to exchanging ideas.

Keep the beat sweet

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 7:18 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i agree :D

and if any one uses a crack

and then gets burned live ,by it going wrong

well thats their problem lol

why do we need them posting it here

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 8:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)