Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 7600GT OC Problems I think

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have never used an NVIDIA card before, but I am noticing little black horizontal lines jumping on my screen from time to time when I open up files. Anyone know what this means and is there a way to fix it. Also I would like to know some settings that others that are using NVIDIA are using. I dont know what this means but I ran Aquamark and this is the result I got.
GFX 11,805
CPU 7762
total 67,052
Is this good or bad???

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 7:20 am

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 11:36 am
How is this the same question, I was asking about the lines!!!!!

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 9:58 pm
Sorry then.

I understanded as the same.

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 10:32 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
I once had a power supply crap out on me and it did the exact same thing to the display.

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 4:40 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
The only time this ever happened to me was with my old 17" monitor. Every 10 minutes or so, it just spazzed out with balck lines across the screen. Gave it a good beating on the top and it sorted itself out for another 10 minutes or so :D

It could be the manufacture's overclocking. Downgrade the clock speeds to nviadia's factory defaults using RivaTuner or something similar. Dont use aquamark as a benchmark, its score means nothing today as it is too old. Its not that your card is not fast or anything, but its prob something else that just happened to happen while you had your new nvidia card.

Check all the monitor pins are straight, and that there is no corrosion anywhere on the contact surface (happened to me). The card should be tightly fitted into its PCI-e slot.

Also check if your power supply meets the minimum requirements of the graphics card

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 5:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)