Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Multiple Monitor users

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I bought the 7600gt OC PCI Express X16 video card and I am wondering if I can use 2 monitors and the TV out?? I know there is enough ports on the back of the card to do so, just wondering if it works. I have been an ATI guy up til now so I am still in the learning curve when it comes to NVIDIA. Thanks Brian

Posted Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 7:25 pm
It's either-or. You won't be able to use all three at the same time. Meaning you can use your main monitor and the TV-Out or two monitors, but not all three.

Posted Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 8:12 pm
Is there a converter from RCA or SVideo TO SVGA?? Wait screw that I will just get a little TV to put in the booth!!! Thanks

Posted Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 8:15 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Due to a limitation of Windows XP, this won't be possible under this OS. But multiple monitor feature is in todo list, and may be available in the future with Windows Vista.

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 12:44 am
Brian, why not just use 2 monitors like you would with an ATI card?

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 1:59 am
What do you mean. As of now I extend to TV's. The question was can I use a monitor for my video viewing along with a TV out for the screens??

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 2:07 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 5:35 am
Thanks Cyder, My place here already has a 8X8 Switcher allowing me 8 ins and 8 outs. I guess what I want is I have an extra monitor laying around that I want to use as a monitor, is there an adapter to take RCA in and send out SVGA?? That is what I was trying to ask.
OR Could I use the 2 monitor outs on the NVIDIA card as well as the Svideo out in essence giving me 3 outputs 2 to monitors and 1 to TVs.

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 6:01 am
Ahhh right, I get you, (I think). Right, you can not use all 3 outputs at once. So, if I get this right, you want YOUR monitor (vdj control screen) then you want to output vga into the club. But you also want a screen in the booth so that YOU can see whats going out?

So your club output is from the svideo out on the gfx card?

You want to send the svideo to ANOTHER monitor in the booth?

A couple of ways you can do it. You can use one of those wireless video senders, they make them with multiple video format inputs/outputs.

OR a hardwired option

http://www.svideo.com/video2vga.html

But you will get it a lot cheaper on ebay, there are lots of converters usually going on there.

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 10:34 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 2:30 pm
Yeah thats what I plan on doin. Thanks guys I just wondered if it was possible on the NVIDIA card. Cool

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 9:56 pm
which skins are for dual screen?

any?

Posted Sun 05 Nov 06 @ 10:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)