Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Text Plugins & Others, Lets make our own!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok I'm not smart enough to write this myself, but perhaps someone else is!? Now that the text effect in vdj 4.0 is a plugin, surely we coud write a new one with all the features that people have been asking for, moreso that the curret text plugin that came with 4.0 no longer allows you to CTRL + ENTER to add a new line anymore.

Favorite features would be:

Font access,
More colours.
Different colours in one text
a thin black outline on all text so light colours can still be read on videos with light backgrounds

Also other ideas would be a scrolling text plugin that scrolls the text accross the screen in the desired position, extra features of this plugin would be:

as above in text plugin, plus
speed
size
how often the text repeats, and delay between each scroll.
Smooth scrolling, jittery scrolling can be hard for people to read.

I also had an idea for a "Logo" plugin, that would allow you to show a JPEG or other image (DJ Logo) on the screen. This plugin would be awesome with a colour picker that allows you to make one colour a "Transperent" colour that removes the square box logo problem. Default colour would be black, but if the plugin was written smartly, after selecting your image, it would show in the plugins control box, there you could press a button labled "Make this colour transperent" then click on the colour, on the logo that is to be transperent.

A bonus in all these ideas would be the ability to remember their last settings, and text, so on either restart of VDJ, or after using a different effect the plugin would re-appear as it was last used. This would save people having to go back to the plugin settings page every time they change plugins to reload the plugin or image.

As a starting point, perhaps the devs could post the source code to the current text plugin, in the developer SDK section of the site to give us a starting point?

Posted Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 12:19 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 11:26 pm
Yeah had a look a while back, is that german, or french? All a bit complicated for me! =)

Posted Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 8:48 am
Bumpo! Anyone? I wish I could do it, but all to complicated with vetors and co-ordinates!

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 9:31 am
Seen those, and saw the logo plugin awesome! It even remembers the settings after using another plugin!

Don't spose we could push our luck for a transparency colour version, say black. IE all black in the image dissapears, showing the video thats behind it.

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 1:49 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Ok i have uploaded on the website, in video - source code something to help you writing text on the screen "Text2D Help"

It's only a first version which will be improved with the time

It's available only for experienced users but if a pro user wants it, just tell me

Posted Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 2:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)