Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skin commands changed in Version 4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've found some of the old 3.4 commands no longer work properly or at all on Version 4.0.

Mainly, Effects 1 2 and 3 seem to have changed EG
<button pannel="1" action="effect" value="1" chan="1" rightclick="temporary">
Seems to activate and de activate.
<button pannel="1" action="effect" value="2" chan="1" rightclick="temporary">
Seems to only select another effect, but I cannot tell why it chosses the one it does!

Any other differences anyone like to add or help with the one I have found?

Thanks

VJK

Posted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 12:06 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Effect handling has changed in v4, use functions effect_select & effect_activate. Sadly, a bug is present which disables all active effects when choosing or activating another one using keyboard / midi / skin shortcut. Works only with mouse use on the effect pannel.

Posted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 12:24 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Other commands changed in V4:

master_tempo is replaced by key_lock chan="1" and chan="2"

And alot of other new functions are availble for skining.

Posted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 1:10 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Is it no longer possible to have buttons to activate more than one effect at a time?

From what I think I've heard, you can hardwire buttons to certain effects as well. Is this correct?

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 2:23 am
DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
a bug is present which disables all active effects when choosing or activating another one using keyboard / midi / skin shortcut. SO NO BUT IN VDJ V4.1 YES

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 1:44 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
DJ FORMAT wrote :
a bug is present which disables all active effects when choosing or activating another one using keyboard / midi / skin shortcut. SO NO BUT IN VDJ V4.1 YES

its not a bug, its "by design" because there is only one main eff slot in the skin now.
Think about the mess if you enable new effects without disable the others and have no idea what is on or off by looking the main skin.
What i'm trying to say that a "quick fix" is not the good solution. The new layout must be taken into account.

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 2:59 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
apopsis wrote :
DJ FORMAT wrote :

its not a bug, its "by design" because there is only one main eff slot in the skin now.
Think about the mess if you enable new effects without disable the others and have no idea what is on or off by looking the main skin.
What i'm trying to say that a "quick fix" is not the good solution. The new layout must be taken into account.

I must disagree. It IS a bug since it's possible to activate ALL the effects via mouse, but not via other periferals. Anyway you can clearly see if ther is any effect turned on, and you can exactly see which are turnd one when looking to the dropdown menu. So the way I'd use the new effect engine would be to map 2 shortcuts: one for the dropdown menu, and one for activating/disactivating ONLY the selected (in dropdown) effect. That's how it was ment to work anyway. Of course it's still possible to just map shortcuts for certain effects as in 3.4, but the bug still prevents you from using more than one simultaniously.

My point is, there's nothing wrong with the layout if you know what you're doing, they just need to sort out the bug that disables all active effects when messing only with one of them. "If" and "which effects" of course depends on the user, which is the whole point of updating the effect engine.

At least that's the way I see it :)

Regards.

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 10:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)