Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: DAC2 v3.4 plugin won't work with v4.0

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

My Dac VJ Dac plugin seems to show that some of the commands have changed with the new version 4.0.

Mainly with the video_crossfade command, that no longer works, both my smooth trans (Hold LOOP Button) and the slam (Tap LOOP Button) no longer work.

Also ("effect",strchan,CharStr("1",buffer) Or The FX one and SHIFT + FX For FX two, no longer work.

Anyone got any ideas what these cammands have been replaced with please.

Thanks VJK

Posted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 11:42 am
The video crossfading commands should still work the same in VDJ 4, but effects as you are probably aware have changed significantly in VDJ 4.

Rather than 3 fixed effects, you must select the effect plugin with effect_select -1 or +1 and activate/deactivate using effect_activate - You'd ideally need 3 buttons - Two to select next/previous effect and another to activate/deactivate.

Posted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 10:00 pm
Thats what I thought, but alas, it was a no go on the video_crossfade front from the dac, will look further into it. The video_crossfade command as a keyboard shortcut seems to work!

Posted Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 6:21 am
It seems my plugin is not loading! I figured the dmc1mapper.dll now has to be put in the /plugins/controldevice folder, but it wont work there!

Ahhh, UPDATE, it goes in the main VDJ folder! Hmm, makes one wonder what the controldevices folder is for then.

Will update the effects section to match VDJ 4.0 now.

I was thinking...

SHIFT + LOAD = Elapsed/Remain swap
SHIFT + FX = Next audio Effect
WAITLIST + FX = Previous audio Effect
WAITLIST + CUE = Autocue

As it seems auto cue does not work unless you tell virtual dj to autocue, ie on the dac3 skin rightclick cue, and VDJ autocues to the first beat of the song, real handy. pitty it doesn't remember it the next time you press cue, you have to save it as a cut for it to stick.

Posted Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 9:39 am
All done, Version 2.0 for VDJ4 posted.

Topic Closed.

Posted Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 12:36 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
activated

Posted Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 12:42 pm
Thankies! =)

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 5:34 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)