Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: New Videos plugins for VirtualDJ v4.x

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
1) I have just updated for V4.x:

* Transitions
=> SizeFall
=> LightFall

* Effects:
=> ShakerSquare ( + 1 new option)
=> RGB Filter (now the interface is inside VDJ)

2) I have uploaded a new video effect: VideoRotation

/!\ If you have a dll error, you have to install the last DirectX version

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 5:55 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
...and maybe to buy a better videocard!

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 7:56 pm
What is the latest Direct X is it 9.0 c or 10??? Just curious before I go changing things.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 1:58 am
9.0c as far as I can tell. I HAD 9.0c installed, but on update it downloaded another 12MB and updated a lot of files. afterward I still had ver 9.0c, but the new plugin now works!

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 11:18 am
I have a request...
I played around a while back to make a tweak to an existing transition. I was barely able to get the DLL file and that is all.

I would love to have it for version 4 but I haven't a clue on how I did the first one. I since re-installed windows and can't remember the software I used to make it or had any saved files of the process.

I am sure one of you guys who do this like it was second nature can whip this right out.

I tweaked the cut transition to be used for scratching video. I made a left-cut and right-cut. Left-cut transition cut the to the next video when moving the fader to the left BARELY... like a scratch mixer when scratching having the crossfader set to a very sharp curve. The right-cut was the opposite.. move the fader to the right and cuts to the video on the right when barely moved.

I use this transition A LOT when scratch mixing video with my MIDI compatible Ecler Nuo 4 mixer and TCV's. Along with a transition Scratch-Fade someone developed.

Any help with be VERY appreciated.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 11:58 am
Halo_djk is correct re directX you may think you have the latest directx if you have 9c, however there are fairly regular optional updates to directx, anyone having problems with plugins then try a directx update and you'll find it works.

@ DJCel

That videorotation is an AWESOME effect, really nice job, you should be proud of that one! But (yes there's always a 'but') when the fix is done regarding being able to play with more than one videosource at once, it would be even more awesome if you could have say a music video playing and at the same time have the input from camera 'videorotating' or a visualisation with a music video 'videorotating'. As I said, it's a damn fine effect now but that would add the cream!

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 12:48 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Yes sorry it's DirectX 9 (as DirectX 10 only works in Vista for the moment) but i meant the last update of DirectX 9.0C (currently i use the SDK of june 2006)

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 1:42 pm
Yup your right it is still 9.0c but it is updated and the plugins work, thanks. Brian

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 8:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)