Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: the CONSTRUCTIVE thread about BCD2000........ [VDJ 4.1 RELEASED AND WORKS] - Page: 9

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

i made some changes in the xml- file..
the folowing values are now working...

1. Headphones
2. Pitch-bend
3. search button
4. back to top button

in the second xml- file you can pitch- bend with the jog-wheels...

where can i upload these files?

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 10:27 pm
@Paul

well, 10+ spanish users (where the solution came from) have BCD running for several hours, mixing video, using timecode and all ;) headphone, mic, asio... all working fine

But maybe not all are that lucky yet...

I know you like mentioning that it works for you in Dj Decks;) hehe...
But dj decks forum is full of users having problems with that software too ;) Works good for some, others not... Quite a few threads and posts there about that. As you know ;)

Guess same goes for VDJ... unfortunately. Works great for some already, but not you.

Hopefully most will have it working, and 4.1 will soon be out anyway, maybe fixing this perfect once for all... :)

And please check your shorcuts for BCD2000, as you say it worked fine for a while, untill you kept pressing all the buttons

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 10:34 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :
Guess same goes for VDJ... unfortunately. Works great for some already, but not you.

I know.. I'm just reporting back.

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 10:42 pm
Glad it works with DJ Decks.

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 10:42 pm
me too ;)

Actually I am... BCD2000 owners deserve a lot of software working good for them, after a hard start...

Hopefully that will include VDJ for all too

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 10:44 pm
using asio drivers work headphones and sound is better, if you use wdm drivers no, this should be because of behringer drivers. I added some buttons that weren't enable in the xml (specially for video effects & transitions), and modified some values innudges, if someone wants to check it, can send me a pm and I'll send it to their mails, I'll try to upload it to my blog.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 1:29 am
hey dj-in-norway thanks for the stars, I didn't realize I had another one hehehe, thank you very much and let's go on working hard with this software called virtual dj.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 1:47 am
Well, after a fresh windows install I still have problems with the BCD and VDJ. Audio will work for about 10 seconds, then VDJ stops playback. AFter a restart it works again for 10 seconds.

I installed most other Audio apps I own on the same system and no problems whatsoever. As soon as I get back to VDJ it's the same 10 second freeze..

So I am sure of two things, there is a conflict between VDJ and the BCD ASIO driver and the problem is with VDJ.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 2:18 am
are you mixing videos or audio? if you are mixing with videos the problem could be your video card

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 5:41 am
fremdjPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thank you guys now BCD + VDJ works very well even the sound quality is much better in ASIO mode, all the functions work and the best thing is that You can set up the short cuts of the midi control to your taste, I have been mixing for more than 4 hours continued with music and videos without no problems... ummm.. only one problem this is becoming addictive.

The only thing is missing is to make the mic and the led's work

regards

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 7:29 am
Seems to work great for a lot of users.... But not everybody yet;)

So hopefully 4.1 will make that better;)

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 8:10 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I arrived late at this thread...

1.- BCD-2000 now working now 95% with VDJ4. Only leds and some other minor issues now. I found one user that DID NOT rush to install all kinds of midi-translators and other things to try to make BCD-2000 work on VDJ 3.4. So When he install VDJ 4 with his BCd-2000, he has no trouble at all.

2.- For ALL users of BCD-2000 who still have it not working, I'm positive that you didn't
erase all the software (Bome, Yoke, BJ & old VDJ) from the windows registry & the harddisk. IF I can help you to optimize and get rid of this issues, I be here (I hope lol with all
users after me, I can't tell lol).

3.- All user that claim that VirtualDJ DON't WORK because the Dev Team have not done their
job, have to reconigze that you were wrong and Dev Team deserve an apologize. We already
agree that it should be even better, but now BCD-2000 works as good as it lets us.

4.- For the power-leak problem, you could add a powered USB HUB to ensure give all the power you may can to the BCD-2000. It's better if you could find a way to power the BCD-2000 from other power supply than USB port connector, as this can fix some of the "power-down" on the BCD-2000

5.-I doubt that leds or things that require more power, will work because that's the
problem. The console needs more power and USB ports can only give 500mA by standard. I hope Behringer (Xyla) could address this problem by a firmware upgrade.

6.- I'm very sorry to see how much of you blame Atomix, VDJ and DJ-in-norway too. You don't
stop to think. WHAT is what YOU need do make my BCD2000 work, because it was NOT supported by 3.4...and yet its said to be in VDJ4. Now WHAT could you have done to make problems? It's a shame :-) . But I hope that also you could congratulate Dev Team for all the things that are excellent in VDJ 4 now too. As much has been improved...

I am very pleased that Julio, Maquin & Maxpayne tried to find why BCD-2000 did not work in
VDJ4 for them, while it worked for DJ Rockhand (and other that did not install any software
before VDJ 4). I'm happy they found a solution for all that have installed some software to
make BCD-2000 WORK in VDJ 3.4 (that I find to be the major number of users of BCD-2000)

DJ-in-Norway is always here TO HELP people and He DON't deserve the treatment some users gave him here. I wish I could have be here before, to support my team in this thread.

My apologize for all of you that deserve a quick solution to your VDJ problems, this really
cost us more time and help than the rest of the users.
This community is the best because of you all VDJ members, we shine because of people who
work & share their knowledge with all of us.

Now we can SAID OUT LOUD BCD-2000 works with VirtualDJ 4 .0 as a MIDI controller and as an ASIO soundcard with TCVs or TCCDs too!

Thanks to Dev Team, thanks to Julio, Maquin and MaxPayne and all of you that participate to get this working.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 12:08 pm
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
The office was closed until today, so I'm just jumping in on this thread.

digitalmdj wrote :
So now you are telling a lie to cover your butt. You should offer a full refund to the poor suckers you fooled into buying your software in the last two months to show your honesty.

Well, that doesn't includes you, since you bought your license in december 2003, way before berhinger even thought about doing a controller. But anyway we'd be happy to opt you out from any future release, give you back the 3.4, and refund your $0 free upgrade.
And as far as lying is concerned, from what I can see we delivered exactly what we promised: compatibility with bcd2000. Now if you install third-party softwares that mess with things, we are hardly to blame.

It seems that everything is working right after all, but if it turns out it's not, we would release a patch in a matter of days.

@paulheu: About your lockout. Does it still locks if you set the performance to fastest, and use a higher buffer latency (like 1024)?
I suspect the problem to be because of BCD's asio driver lacking any reentrance synchronisation (and therefore crashing when virtualdj spend too much time computing for an audio buffer).
Again I'm not sure, I'm just guessing, but if it's that, then hopefully it will be corrected in the next behringer drivers.

About the unassigned buttons in the default configuration file, there are so many different ways of using virtualdj, we just let a few buttons unassigned so that people could easily add their own commands to it matching their own needs.
But maybe in the next version we will just do a default full mapping and allows .DLL mapping plugins like for dac3 and djconsole.

Anyways, I'm still going to have a look at those third-party software that mess with the asio and see if there is anything we could do.
If there are any other issues, please feel free to tell, and if it's important it will be corrected in a matter of days (otherwise it will be in the next update).

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 2:29 pm
tanziPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Ok here we go again:

1: Did a fresh Windows install (old HDD wich never was used for VDJ / Behringer etc) on my Laptop (just that we dont forget: on my new HDD, 3.4 worked on exactly this Laptop with all the workarounds like Bome etc. except MIC)
2: Installed the BCD200 with newest behringer drivers
3: Installed VDJ4.0
4: Started VDJ4.0, setup asio, and here we go, it worked including headphones. (really good sound by the way)
5: went back to behringers asio-console and changed the input from phono to mic
6: started VDJ4.0 again an BANG asio error.
7: switching back to original behrigner-asio settings brings no help. now i get the asio error over and over no matter what settings i use.

so please (referring to acw_dj's post)

1: VDJ isnt really working 95%. the asio problem is much more than a minor issue.
(sorry for the users to rush in and bring up a solution to get VDJ3.4 to work with the BCD. btw a solution you never gave us! ;) )
2: so here i am, please help me acw_dj. i never had things like Bome etc on this fresh system. now you can prove what you said.
3: sorry to say that, but in my perception the devteam should have taken a closer look at their own job. asio worked in 3.4 an it does NOT in 4.0 (at least not for all of us). the only change that was made is the new VDJ version. so it can't be a bug in behringers drivers.
4: the first time i heard of this power-problem was when you started to talk about here. i've never seen a users post referring to this problem before. so this problem seems to be not as big as meny others VDJ has with the BCD.
5: LED problem is not caused by powersupply. it's a single midi-problem. LED's worked without any problems in 3.4 (using bomes etc). looks more to me like VDJ is not sending back a command to the BCD in order to switch LED's on or off. firmware upgrades will not help here. (maybe a look on Bomes midicommands will be a little more helpfull)
6: Yes, congratulations for the new sound engine. this is a real improvement......

at least. VDJ is NOT working for all of us (even if we have no remains from older software, or completely new systems) any help is appriciated!
thanks to dj_in_norway for his attempts to help us here. maybe the best help for us all would be if one off dev_team goes in a shop and buys a BCD.
to say some things out loud:
VDJ4.0 uses BCD as a midi controller but not yet as an asio soundcard!

so keep on working for a quick solution and please remove "[PROBLEM NOW SOLVED]" from the topic of this tread. the problems are not approximately solved.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 2:29 pm
Sad it did not work well for you.

But for a lot of users it works now ;) There are quite a few users now running BCD2000 and VDJ4

There will always be a few that run into problems, PC setting, drivers and everything is very complex and different from PC to PC.
There are still a tiny few having problems with Hercules for example, rare ones not getting TC with U46dj running...

But that does not change the fact that the features works for the wast majority of people, and that the feature in general works (even though a few encounter problems).

But as said, Dev Team is looking into any issues users migth have regarding this.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 2:44 pm
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
just a quick note about mic: mic is not going to work with asio in vdj, at least not in the next few updates.
The reason is, we can make vdj compatible with the bcd, but we're not going to rewrite a software completely dedicated for the bcd. That's xyla's job (and they get paid for that, we don't).
Right now vdj only handles mics through wdm, and we're not going to rewrite everything just because BCD's wdm driver doesn't work.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 3:44 pm
Hi,

Didn't get a chance to do the fix around yet :( but i an just wondering id the micophone also working now?

By the way thanks to all of you who found the solution. At least things are beginning to look up :)

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 3:44 pm
MyzraelHome userMember since 2006
Been reading about usb and powerdown etc............am I stupid? Can you use the BCD by a powered usb port only without the normal electronic plug?

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 3:58 pm
Dev staff wrote :
Right now vdj only handles mics through wdm, and we're not going to rewrite everything just because BCD's wdm driver doesn't work.
You should not have to re-write anything. If you have proper ASIO support and would allow the mic in to come from ASIO you'd be fine. No way you can pin this incompatibility with ASIO on Behringer or Xyla..

Myzrael wrote :
Been reading about usb and powerdown etc............am I stupid? Can you use the BCD by a powered usb port only without the normal electronic plug?

I checked and the BCD only draws 100mA-150mA, much less then I expected in fact. So this should not be an issue although I would keep the BCD on a separate USB node anyway.

acw_dj wrote :
2.- For ALL users of BCD-2000 who still have it not working, I'm positive that you didn't
erase all the software (Bome, Yoke, BJ & old VDJ) from the windows registry & the harddisk. IF I can help you to optimize and get rid of this issues, I be here (I hope lol with

5.-I doubt that leds or things that require more power, will work because that's the
problem. The console needs more power and USB ports can only give 500mA by standard. I hope Behringer (Xyla) could address this problem by a firmware upgrade.

6.- I'm very sorry to see how much of you blame Atomix, VDJ and DJ-in-norway too. You don't

2. I have a clean install with only BCD drivers and VDJ. It won't work. It did for a while, be it for just 10 seconds each time I restarted, but now it's straight to the ASIO error. I installed All my other ASIO supporting audio/DJ apps after this and each of them works fine with the BCD. So it's obvious where the problem lies..

5. Leds not working has nothing to do with power, they do not work because of the way the BCD is 'supported' (just midi map, no way to send data to the unit after a key press)

6. I do not blame Norway, I do blame the devteam for obviously not making sure they had enough BCD user betatest before this got out and the beta testers for not pointing this out. If there were any BCD owners in the beta testing group (which in all honesty I doubt) I feel they did an extremely poor job.

Dev staff wrote :
@paulheu: About your lockout. Does it still locks if you set the performance to fastest, and use a higher buffer latency (like 1024)?
I suspect the problem to be because of BCD's asio driver lacking any reentrance synchronisation (and therefore crashing when virtualdj spend too much time computing for an audio buffer).
Again I'm not sure, I'm just guessing, but if it's that, then hopefully it will be corrected in the next behringer drivers.

I get lockouts 10 out of 10 times now, with an ASIO error at each start. I run my main DJ software (ask Norway..;^ ) at 5ms latency without a hitch using the BCD so I doubt the issue is with the BCD drivers here.. I also tried using the BCD with Samplitude on a 24 track mix using heavy VSt plugins and this also runs smoothly..

So I guess you are missing something..

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 4:09 pm
Hey guys it's me again....just to make something CLREAR mic won't be working in ASIO MODE because if did not read the manual BCD is only using 2 CHANELS ON ASIO MODE :
input 1/mic input for phono 1
input 2 for phono or line 2

YOU CAN NOT USE THE MIC WHEN YOU ARE USING THE INPUT 1 FOR A PHONO INPUT... IF YOU USE THE INPUT AS A PHONO IN YOU CAN NOT USE THE MIC...and this is not a VDJ problem the bcd sound card was designed like that so the only way that you can use the mic is on VDM drivers if you are using your controler as a midi controler only then you can use the mic with no probles arround, but if you are using your bcd as an ASIO sound card for playing TCV then you still could use it for a midi controler but no the mic... I hoppe this explanations helps.

you can learn more about how the do a right set up using the bcd as an ASIO mode onMY BLOG

Dj Quintana

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 4:20 pm
47%