Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: the CONSTRUCTIVE thread about BCD2000........ [VDJ 4.1 RELEASED AND WORKS] - Page: 10

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

juliocqb wrote :
Hey guys it's me again....just to make something CLREAR mic won't be working in ASIO MODE because if did not read the manual BCD is only using 2 CHANELS ON ASIO MODE :
input 1/mic input for phono 1
input 2 for phono or line 2
Dj Quintana

Sorry, but this is a nonsense issue, the BCD can be switched between mic and phono in software, the only restriction would be you would not be able to use the phono1 in while the mic is active. Also VDJ does not support ASIO on mic input, just WDM so yes, it is a shortcoming of VDJ IMO..

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 4:27 pm
I like you Paul,. but stop being an silly... Sorry.;)

You know VERY WELL that a LOT of users are having LOTS of problems with BCD2000 with DJ Decks too (that you love so much), and that there is even a whole THREAD about users having it not work at all...

"bcd200 acio dont work, sound stops after 2 minutes" (Dj Decks forum thread)

Same goes for Xylio software, and same goes for VDJ... in fact ANY software that tries to support the BCD2000. Kinda makes you thing eh... Or should make you think ;)

It does not seem to work perfect for ALL, but many have it working... Same with VDJ, unluckily not for you Paul..... But there are people on any software forum having issues with this console.

sorry to hear you dont have yours working in VDJ, and glad it works for many others...

Dev Team have stated that they will look into the issues, and try the best possible to make it work for more. Noone can expect any more (or less), from VDJ Dev Team. They will give their best...

4.0 works for many already, and I bet 4.1 will make it work for a lot more...

But there will always be the unlucky few... With any software. Even Hercules doesnt work for ALL ..
PC issues, driver issues... who knows.

As long as it works for most, and best possible effort is made to make it work, noone can expect more.

regards

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 5:32 pm
you are right dj-in-norway a friend of mine has the mk2 and not all feaures can be used not only within vdj but in some other softwares. I tested the bcd with tcvs and both signals are 100%, so just a few issues are missing to solve like lights that I personally don't think are important at all.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 6:01 pm
norway;

I know all you post about, but I also know that on my hardware the only software currently having issues is VDJ. I just hope that in the end it gets sorted.. The BCD is a nice controller for video gigs and if I must I'll just use my RME for audio, but I'd rather not have to carry too much stuff around..

So let's just leave it at that for now.. no point in draging it out over pages and pages of posts..

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 6:18 pm
Thats what we all hope for ;) Having it work for all...

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 6:22 pm
I got the drivers to work once. After shuting down my computer for the night the ASIO drivers no longer work. So you are back to square one. You can't have this happening at a gig .

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 8:37 pm
Norway, you have got to be kidding me. You mean to tell me that there are some DJ Deck users that can't get the BCD to work for them? That's just awful. What is this world coming to?

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 8:39 pm
digitalmdj wrote :
I got the drivers to work once. After shuting down my computer for the night the ASIO drivers no longer work. So you are back to square one. You can't have this happening at a gig .

Very true, and Dev Team is looking into this, why some still have problems, and can't get it to run permanently.

(thanx for your constructive tone by the way Digitalmdj! Seriously)

@Man & music:
LOOOL ;)

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 8:43 pm
jerrydvPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hopefully this update comes soon because the ASIO drivers dont work for me either even after re-installing machine, drviers VDJ4 etc. Working fine for the normal drivers so not totally dead in the water.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 9:19 pm

OKEY!

Here is a test for a permanent solution for VDJ4, until 4.1 is released....

1) Uninstall everything, and make a clean install like originally said by some users here.

2) This should make BCD2000 run in asio just fine

NOW THE IMPORTANT PART!

- NEVER TURN BCD2000 to WDM mode!!! That will corrupt everything again!
As long as you ONLY use asio, and stay with asio, you can turn off computer and everything will still work...

At least this works for many now.
At seems to be the reason for some to have temporary sucess only

Hopefully this will help even more, until 4.1 can aid more hopefully...

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 9:20 pm
that is an inportant notice Dj in Norway we forgot to say all about that, hehe... but you right; do not play arround with the drivers if you guys don't want to screw again

dj quintana

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 9:44 pm
hehe yes that's true, remain the drivers you are using it is asio or wdm meanwhile a new release comes.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 10:12 pm

A SIDE NOTE:

- If you dont need BCD2000 asio, then you can of course run BCD2000 in WDM mode:) that was never the problem and works fine.... .
Asio is first of all for those using timecode vinyls.

So if you dont, you can of course use the WDM drivers
(BCD wdm drivers will not allow headphone though, but you can prelisten at your PC soundcard, setting things up right in VDJ, or external mixer etc)

(Mic will not work on the BCD2000 and VDJ as BCD2000 drivers does not allow it to work like regular soundcards does, so the BCD2000 mic-in is not accessable as Windows microphone, or any other software with the BCD2000 WDM drivers.
Only way is Asio, but that might work later on in VDJ, not now.)

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 10:14 pm
something important I want to mention dj-in-norway is that asio sound is much better than wdm, and using wdm you can't configure prelisten properly as you mention, in asio everthing runs just fine.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 10:24 pm
thanx for the info :)

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 10:26 pm
so if users plan to use bcd as a controller I recommend them to work with asio drivers, but if they have another soundcard they can use wdm drivers that are not case sensitive and to use the other soundcard for prelisten as dj-in-norway said.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 10:34 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Congratulations manquin_dj on VIP status, you well deserved it!

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 2:43 am
Y'Know Gentlemen This little box is becoming more of a pain in the butt then it seems to be worth.
The time/cost : return benefit is not worth it for the grief.

I think I'll just use the BCD 2000 as an ashtray and get another dac 2,

Is there a hot key mapper I can download that can controll the crossfader from the dac; so that I can video crossfade from that or am I stuck with using page up & page down on the keyboard?

DJ Marcel

PS.
I never installed the work around for 3.4 on my club rig, just boxed the Bcd untill Ver 4 came out.
then tryed it and it didn't work.

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 3:58 am
Same problem here I’m afraid, clean install on a new laptop and sometimes it works for like 10 sec. and then no sound anymore when restarting VDJ I receive an error in ASIO driver message all the time.
Also when putting the BDJ in advanced mode the LED’s work but you have to press all buttons twice to get them activated and in DJ mode no LED’s work.

Some help would be appreciated.

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 11:38 am
I've been doing some serious testing and have found something 'interesting'.

First off, and I am one to admit when I am wrong, as it truns out this is a general problem for me. Any Audio application show this issue sooner or later, it's just with VDJ it pops up real quick. So it could well be there's and issue with my hardware, possibly chipset. My laptop (ACER Aspire 1800) uses the Intel chipset the behringer update was ment for, but it still has issues. I did also try another USB chipset (NEC) using a cardbus interface, but it shows the same issues.

So we are sort of back to square one here.. I have been in contact with Behringer on this and they are quick and helpful as always, we have not had any luck with their suggestions though..

I'll keep you people informed on the progress as this might well be an issue with the Behringer drivers and specific hardware after all.. we'll see

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 4:04 pm
52%