Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: the CONSTRUCTIVE thread about BCD2000........ [VDJ 4.1 RELEASED AND WORKS] - Page: 8

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

yes, I prefer to do it manually (to erase registries), since those programs that clean registries not always delete them correctly, I recommended DJ Quintana to do this because he had no problems with his hd, so it should work fine like now, I installed vdj 4 in another hd and I was mixing videos about an hour without any problem.

BTW: root in registries can change, it depends where users had installed those programs,search for them in all folders' registries.

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 7:11 pm
No luck here.. no luck with VDJ, the BCD ASIO interface works fine with the other audio apps I have installed

And even if it would work, this does not solve the problem, it would only work around it. There is still a problem with VDJ v4 not handling the BCD ASIO I/O correctly..

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 7:28 pm
Yeah.. I erase midi yoke from the devive manager and now my BCD2000 works very fine in asio mode. now we can try to make a constructive job...

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 7:36 pm
paulheu wrote :
still a problem with VDJ v4 not handling the BCD ASIO I/O correctly..

Wrong, remove the translator and 3.4, and it works;)

If it works in VDJ4, then its works...

Of course 4.1 should try to not make this problem happen, for those still having traces or have installed midi translator app, or if 3.4 makes a conflict.

But it works in VDJ 4.. thanx to the users finding the cause for problems.

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 7:41 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Great !!!!!

Give us news as fast as possible. Test EVERYTHING and now make a new list of things to correct if there are some

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 7:44 pm
@paulheu

I know that conflict still exists because as you mentioned, bcd works fine with dj decks and some other programs, but this is an advance and I know that for version 4.1 that conflict won't be there.

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 8:01 pm
a friendly warning (dont blame VDJ for this)

- the asio & usb chip in the BCD2000 have issues. Even if it now works in VDJ4 (thanx to 3 great users finding the solution), you might experience problems with the console.

Its unfortunately just made bad... seriously!

You might experience such things as the console "loosing power" and stopping to work.

Reason is driver and chip

From the OFFICIAL MAKERS of the software that came with the console :

About stability: the real problem with BCD2000 is because of the Behringer drivers / USB chips. Where these incompatibilities are we just can't do anything (even with the PRO version). If you need to blaim anyone, you can blaim the low-cost chips inside the controller.

Please dont blame VDJ for such issues, but direct it toward Behringer. And hopefully they will make better drivers, even take console in return for chip fix (Like Hercules had to do for first range of consoles, where the jogwheel was too sensitive)

But hopefully these issues will not destroy the fun, and not be too bad...

A suggestion from Behringer Support Team to make issues be as little as possible

- Disable all WiFI, BlueTooth, LAN, and Network hardware if you are going to use BCD2000 over a long period of time

But please also note, that many users never experience these issues, and you might be very lucky too...

Crossing fingers for you all ;)

Dj in norway

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 8:01 pm
yes, even behringer has assumed that they have problems with their drivers, so not everything is because of vdj, for being the first release with vdj+bcd is great. I'm glad with my bcd and version 4 now.

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 8:09 pm
THANK YOU MANQUINDJ, JULIOCQB & MAXPAYNE FOR FOR YOUR GREAT TESTING, AND FOR BEING ADULT, CONSTRUCTIVE AND REASONABLE IN THIS THREAD, AND ABOUT THE INITIAL ISSUES WITH VIRTUAL DJ 4

I have the deepest respect for you guys, and how you act and behave.
You are all the best!

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 8:16 pm
all for VDj butty all for that (lol)

Dj Quintana

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 8:21 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :
paulheu wrote :

Well I tried on my gig laptop which has nothing but djDecks and Serato installed. The BCD works perfect in djDecks but when I install VirtualDJ v4 it won't work. The decks do not even start to play. in WDM more it works fine.

When I find the time I will backup the system partition and do a full re-install just to check..

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 8:21 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
@Norway
Give them a star ;) , they deserved it!

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 8:24 pm
paulheu wrote :
dj-in-norway wrote :
paulheu wrote :

Well I tried on my gig laptop which has nothing but djDecks and Serato installed. The BCD works perfect in djDecks but when I install VirtualDJ v4 it won't work. The decks do not even start to play. in WDM more it works fine.

When I find the time I will backup the system partition and do a full re-install just to check..

just follow the directions an you'll be ok everybody who has do it is happy now...

regards

dj Quintana

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 8:25 pm

I'd be careful wit the quote below!

dj-in-norway wrote :
a friendly warning (dont blame VDJ for this)

- the asio & usb chip in the BCD2000 have issues. Even if it now works in VDJ4 (thanx to 3 great users finding the solution), you might experience problems with the console.

Reason is driver and chip

From the OFFICIAL MAKERS of the software that came with the console :

About stability: the real problem with BCD2000 is because of the Behringer drivers / USB chips. Where these incompatibilities are we just can't do anything (even with the PRO version). If you need to blaim anyone, you can blaim the low-cost chips inside the controller.
Dj in norway

So then explain to me why it works just fine in djDecks?! the above is IMO a BS remark to cover the B-DJ programmers own shortcoming in not being able to get this to work. It's nonsense. Especially since most of these issues came up AFTER the B-DJ update

One thing that tis important and should be taken into account is that he BCD is a power hungry device and should have it's own power which mean that it should not be used on the same USB port pair with anything else so it can have all the 500mA the port can deliver for itself..

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 8:28 pm
Its not non-sense when Behringer confirms this ;)

But anyways, I'm glad Adion had it work good.

And hopefully it now works great in VDJ4 too ;)

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 8:31 pm
DJ-ALF wrote :
@Norway
Give them a star ;) , they deserved it!

Yes give us an star hehehe

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 8:55 pm
Stars might shine ;)

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 9:05 pm
Well I am reloading everthing right now to see. You don't think we will believe you do you. We will see and I will report back.

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 9:27 pm
it works already -;)

3-4 users have it running in asio with headphone and mic etc.

But please note that dev team is still adressing it, and working on making it even better :)

And if all are not having same results as first ones, then dont be mad, its being adressed by Dev Team.
Hopefully most will have it working already by the things discovered now. If someone should have no luck with the suggestions made, then hopefully Dev Team can fix that it will work for all....

Just be a bit positive Digitalmdj... :)
If you can

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 9:29 pm
OK, here's the deal:

I did a fresh install of windows
Installed the BCD drivers
Installed VDJ v4

Start VDJ and setup ASIO, VDJ plays and sound comes out of the BCD

Setup MIDI and load the BCD XML file

BCD works for a while, then VDJ freezes completely after pressing a couple of buttons on the BCD

Use task manager to shutdown VDJ

After a restart I get ASIO error, no more sound and BCD does not work anymore..

Just to be sure I installed djDecks after this and it works just fine..

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 10:24 pm
42%