Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: PLEASE READ - PERFORMANCE SETTING OF VDJ 4 - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

unchecking it will make some feaures work better... (keylock, pitch etc)

Safe mode is more of a 3.4 mode, that will make it yes... safer to use for low-end pcs

if your PC can run without safemode, turn it off ;)

And also, ALL laptop users, try OVERCLOCK... works miracles on my laptop ;)

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 3:12 am
Norway. I have been playing with this for about 2 hours...I searched the forum and found about all the answers that I need with these...

1) I know that you mentioned effects in earlier posts. I only have 8 in my Effects directory now. I have alot in my effects folder but only 8 appear in VDJ.

2) I think that I know the answer to this but can we use two effects at a time?

3) I also have many skins but only the default skins show in my skins tab. How can I load some of the older ones?

Thanks...

MS

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 3:39 am
dj maddsound wrote :

2) I think that I know the answer to this but can we use two effects at a time?
MS

You can go to EFFECTS pannel and run more than one for same deck.

You can right-click with mouse over the EFFECT selector on main player PANNEL to see wich ones are ON or OFF

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 3:42 am
Virtual DJ 4 have a new folder structure, to make it possible to run both VDJ4 and VDJ3, and to make a more logic folder structure too ..

So simply copy from your VDJ3 folders into the right folder inside VDJ4s folder called PLUGINS....
Inside the Plugin folder, you will find all your effect folders for VDJ4

As for running more than one plugin, and mapping as many plugins as you like (And some about the new folder structure too) read here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/54145/General_Discussion/Virtual_DJ_4_tips___tricks_(Starter_Guide).html

Hope that helps;)

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 3:43 am
No PDN...Let me rephrase it. Can we use more than two effects at the same time on one deck as we did in V3.4?

MS

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 3:49 am
I answered right, yes, you can

Watcht the START GUIDE that norway links...

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 3:52 am
you can use as many FX as you like, only limited by the performance of your pc (and of course FX that can be in conflict with eachother)

Just dont expect good sound if you do what I just did in the picture;) hehe

But FX is now unlimited;)

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 4:00 am
dj-in-norway wrote :
I know the database have a 200bpm limit, but not sure about the read-outs. Might be an issue there.

Why is there a 200 BPM limit? What if I wanted to play a fast Drum & Bass song?

I just came back from crash number four. Three crashes were from trying to tweak my settings on my Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ASIO driver to try to fix the crackling issue when the “Timestretch” is set to “Advanced”. With the “Simple” mode, it works fine. I have the latest drivers for my sound card, video card and DirectX on my computer.

The final crash where I lost this post that I am retyping was when I click on the exit button. I am not joking. :-). I think this happened because the crash before messed up the settings, because when I went back to the options dialog the “Simple Low Latency” mode was selected.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 5:08 am
clore46PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Has anyone noticed an orange icon next to there songs???

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 5:22 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Man, I can't get the sound decent on my computer with a Delta 410 no matter what settings I do. If the latency is anything below 512 samples (which seems high), it's very crackly and distorted. Even with the settings at the fastest, highest latency, I still hear lots of subtle clicking. Man... very disappointing. I don't know what to try now... I think I've exhausted all the options in the Performances tab :(

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 5:41 am
MY pc specs are in my blog. I dont know how exactly i can put it to the test... can anyone suggest any testing procedures and anything to look out for? I really cant make out a big difference from 3.4...
What does the 48-44hz mean and what does it improve? also, I have 2 different soundcards for each deck..what do i do to set the performance?

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 5:52 am

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 8:12 am
this thread has kind of been all over the place, but there are so many about 4.0 that I don't want to start a new one ;P

Back to talking about effects, has anyone tried the echo effect with 4.0? Every time I've tried, it sort of just froze the program. None of the animations moved (waveform, vinyl deck, level LEDs, etc.) and I couldn't click on anything (not even to try turning off the effect). The music kept playing (with the ehco) until I had to CTRL+ALT+Delete VDJ away :(

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 8:52 am
Ok, i kinda figured it out...with the output quite loud and the people in the house going crazy about it, i found that @5ms latency, theres minimal cracking and pops, but at 11ms theres no pops or cracks at all. This is without overclock. But With overclock, i set it to 5ms and voila... no cracks at all! So what should i set it to now?
5ms with overclock ? or 11ms without overclock?
I have a Soundblaster 24bit Live 7.1 card
Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Regards,
DJ ADItya

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 10:36 am
I really don't know what the overclock does but would like too.. (i'm guessing it will attempt to get a better latency out of your sound card than it's really designed tooo..) I think the suggestion is to have it on unless it causes a problem... you want the lowest latency you can get without performance problems...

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 10:57 am
Also in regard to your earlier post the 48 - 44 bit i think is to improve the sound on videos, which are usually encoded at 48khz, and VDJ has to change the rate to 44... this uses CPU so if you have some spare and are using videos... turn this setting up.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 10:59 am
Thanks for the reply! I dont do videos..So i guess i can pass on the 48-44Hz setting... And i think i will set it to 250bits 5ms latency with overclock...
Thanks,
Aditya
PS ; @nickgoodman : Awesome setup! Im just drooling! awesome! May i ask which soundcard do you use?

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 11:23 am
mateasPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I finally tweaked my settings and in the end in my case it was the safe mode that was causing the crackling sound.... however, I cannot use the headphones in the same way I used to with my MK2 console, i.e. A for channel A, B for channel B, mix and split... Mix and split work fine, but channel A and B have gone? Anyone else has this problem too? It's annoying! cheers!

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 1:29 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
So it's not possible to play music at its native 48kHz? Most modern soundcards are capable of it. Why the need to resample?

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 6:22 pm
Quote :
So it's not possible to play music at its native 48kHz? Most modern soundcards are capable of it. Why the need to resample?

I think VDJ is not capable of decoding music at 48Hz...I was sure VDJ 3 was'nt, but i didnt know even VDJ 4 would not support direct 48Hz playback...

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 6:29 am
78%