Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 4 and MK2 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

so i downloaded version 4 (woohooo...kick ass feel)

but but but....

when i tried to use it in conjunction with my herc, mebbe i got the settings wrong but...

so input was none..
output was hdj (?) is that right

and then in that bar thingy, it said master 1/2 headphone 3/4...that means that console is the headphone as well as the master...wierd huh??

please temme the settings coz its EATING ME ALIVE that i cant play..lol

cheers

DJ Rudra

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 7:48 am
i have 4.1 speakers..so i plug in one wire into 1/2 and the other into 3/4..and then i can hear both outide and only the same one in my headphones, no matter where i turn the headphone knob( on the console)

i tried fiddling around but sometimes it would play even if the levels were down on the console.. and then it would not play at all.. waaaaanhhhh...help me...

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 7:53 am
djos06PRO InfinityMember since 2005
By testing the Vdj 4.0, I found that the Led of the "Master Tempo" button on my Hercules DJ control MP3 doesn't switch on when pressing this buton . I think i'ts the same for mk2 isn't it ? anyone have the same problem ?

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 9:38 am
Hey DJ Rudra, You are connecting the speaker leads to the outputs of the Console right? The MK2 has its own soundcards right?

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 10:55 am
woodsyPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hmm didn't try the phones, BUT there is some kind of cross contamination of the audio with V4 and MK2, it happens when moving the jog wheel or crossfader on the MK2, it sounds as if a fader has dirt in it.
So if you play something on deck 1 and turn the jog wheel with the next tune on deck 2 to que you get bleeding, even with the cross-fade fully over and the volume down on the second deck.
I've tried all the different settings in config "performace", the best setting is "fastest" , but even with this setting there is still a strange gritty sound in the background if moving the wheel on the silent deck.

recommended you do a system resore point before installing V4.

the "limiter" function and "time strech disable" are also missing in V4

I posted these faults the other day but the post has gone down the list without many ppl reading it.

I didn't try it in asio mode, I'll use v3.4 till these things are sorted, I dont want a blown amp or speakers.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 1:56 pm
There are serious problems with Mk1 & Mk2 when using V4 VDJ, I've installed it on 2 PC's using the 2 different controllers.
As you see above MK2 has corrupt sound when moving things like crossfade and wheels.
The MK1 didn't wan't any just sent my CPU into 100% and wouldn't even play a tune properly, a restart was needed to get the PC out of 100% commitment.

V4 still needs work for Hurcles users :(

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 2:57 am
ok..
just to clarify..

i am using home speakers so i plug them into the two mini jacks on the side and not the RC connections..

and then...deck a plays thru 1/2 and deck b plays thru 3/4.. and i can hear only one deck in my head phones..and if i pull that level down. the sound (obvoiusly) disappears from the main speakers but also from my headphones..

I CANT BELIEVE THAT THE VDJ STAFFF WOULD HAVE RELEASED V4 WITHOUT TESTING IT ON THE HERC CONSOLES (BOTH 1 AND MK2)....SO THERE MUST BE SOMETHING WE (OR I) ARE DOING WRONG... EXPERIENCED USERS...PLEASE HELP US..WE ARE LOST...

cheers

DJ Rudra

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 6:17 am
Hmmm... i hear u brother.. Almost all MK2 users are having this problem..even though i dont use it, i greive with you and hope for improvements in 4.1 or maybe a special MK2 patch..

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 6:32 am
woh sab theek hai..

i would appreciate it if someone who knows the problem can help us fix it...like i said..it cant be a problem with VDJ (or rather it shouldnt)..so.........someone please tell us the correct settings..

cheers

DJ Rudra

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 6:46 am
Dont you understand they wrote the software for Numarks hardware we all got left out . They are so greedy they forgot we got them where they are right now.

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 10:47 am
Ahh I see, even though the console setting is there.
A footnote would have sufficed, "not quite ready for DJ Console"

The lock up of the MK1 above was due to lvhidsvc.exe taking 99% when VDJ is run, this is specific to the MK1 PC, it's my TV capture card driver.

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 12:34 pm
hey guys...
I've tested Hercules mk2 at ALL beta stages for Virtual DJ4

I can HONESTLY say that the Hercules console work even BETTER in VDJ4 than VDJ3

SO, have you guys updated to the lates version of Hercules drivers?

And what settings are you using when getting bad results?

I've even used the Console live at 7 gigs now, for houndreds of people, running VDJ4, with cristal clear sound... .

I'll try to figure out why some dont have the same result.

So, what setting and driver are you guys using?

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 2:23 pm
digitalmdj wrote :
Dont you understand they wrote the software for Numarks hardware we all got left out . They are so greedy they forgot we got them where they are right now.

I liked you a lot at first, you seemed very adult and friendly..

But now you're just being silly...

I hope its just some initial frustration, and that we see you back as the cool dude you used to be..

Because all these lame remarks you spread around are just not true, and on the top of that, most users have been here for a long time, and KNOW that Atmoix is quite the oposite of what you think.

Atomix have always been very friendly, given away ALL updates for free, and mosly fixed all issues and features people ask for (although some take time, some dont make it first try).

People know better, and I actually hope you do too.... that you're just having a few frustrated days,and that you will be back as the cool dude you used to be

regards
Rune

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 2:26 pm
OK ive downloaded VDJ 4.0, and now my MK2 doesen't work propely anymore, The switch on my MK2, with Deck A, Deck B, Mix, Split does not work, i can't prelisten anymore.. please help

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 4:26 pm
johansPRO InfinityMember since 2005
dj-in-norway,

Sound cracks with MKII

It's good knowing that you've tested the MK2 & VDJ 4, so I rely my hopes on you in solving this problem.
From what I can see on the forum is that I'm not the only one with this problem so I tryed out several options/solutions provided on the forum but no improvement.

PC specs: ASUS laptop type A7JC-R005M with 2048 MB RAM, ATI video card X1600-256MB, Duo core T2400 processor.
OS is win XP pro

(Don't know how to apply pictures in a post message so I wrote here my current settings

Performance Settings VDJ:
Latency: 512(11ms) tried all possible settings but this is the best
Safe mode: off
Overclock: On
Selected Optimize for Quality
Selected Enhanced algorithm - Filter size:11, Filter smooth = off
48 khz <-> 44 khz = Lowpass filter
Master tempo: fast

all MP3' ripped with lame encoder on 192 kbps or more.

I hope the sound crack problem can be solved, as it would be a pitty to go back to 3.4 as version 4 has so much more and runs better towards video performance than 3.4

Regards

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 4:57 pm
will investigate a bit what settings I have, and make a few screenshots too...

Sounds weird that SO MANY have this issue, and yet, its perfect here.. even BETTER than 3.4

Maybe I'm damn lucky, maybe I found some good settings;) Will check on it....

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 5:25 pm
yes..please do that sap please..

it sux to have v4 and not be avle to do anything about it...

go dj in norway..hehhe

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 7:31 pm
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
here's mine... no problems whatsoever
running dual core 2.0, 1 gig ram, xp pro

[/URL]

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 7:40 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
works fine just for me :)

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 9:31 pm
yourtPRO InfinityMember since 2003
OK... i've upgrade, and my external mixer gets the sounds all wrong: either cracked, or one channel of virtualdj on two mixerchannels and so on... get asio errors all the time.
And in wsm mode I get nothing at all, just errors trying to load a song.

There's definitely something wrong... with v3.4 all worked crisp and fine, and now it sucks.
I've upgraded several times, had to fix mixer settings a few times, but now, all tehse errors:
ASIO errors all the time, gets reset to WSM after closing the program, and WSM "works" but then I can't load songs.... GGGRRRRRR....*

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 11:38 pm
44%