Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Can't Get Skins To Work With 4.0

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When I try to load any skins except the default skins that come with 4.0 I get the error message "VirtualDJ software not found. You must install VirtualDj first. Please check on www.virtualdj.com for more informations.' (yes it actually says "informations" that is not a typo in my message............all the skins I am trying (except vmix4.0 which gives that message also) worked just fine with 3.4, what do I need to do to get them to load into 4.0?

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 3:01 pm
same thing here. can't get any skins on my work pc

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 9:30 am
anyone else getting this, I can't install any skin. V4 is installed and running fine. I tried reinstalling, rebooting to no avail.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 3:47 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
you must have VDJ 3.4 installeld. Once the skin file is copied into the skins folder by the installer, you can move into the VDJ 4.0 folder.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 6:55 pm
No i don't think you HAVE to have 3.4 installed to use 3.4 or 4.0 skins.. that's rediculous. What would the point of having V4 if you still have to have 3.4 on your system? Someone from the DEV team needs to try to answer this one

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 7:22 pm
DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
for a backup ???

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 7:39 pm
DJ Format, yes for a backup, but not to be able to install skins or any other kind of plugin

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 8:11 pm
DJ Mad Maxx wrote :
No i don't think you HAVE to have 3.4 installed to use 3.4 or 4.0 skins.. that's rediculous. What would the point of having V4 if you still have to have 3.4 on your system? Someone from the DEV team needs to try to answer this one

No, he's right you do have to have v3.4 on your system. I doubt this is intentional, just probably a bug that needs addressing, but I reinstalled 3.4 in a different folder, then tried to install the skins, and it worked.

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 3:52 pm
After copying the skins folder from 3.4 to 4.0 I assume 3.4 can then be deleted, or does 3.4 need to remain for some reason for the skins to remain working with 4.0?

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 4:09 pm
dj-e-lectric wrote :
After copying the skins folder from 3.4 to 4.0 I assume 3.4 can then be deleted, or does 3.4 need to remain for some reason for the skins to remain working with 4.0?

No, you can then uninstall 3.4.

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 6:28 pm
This is still wrong.. i can add skins just fine with my HOME PC, but my work pc can't. 3.4 is not on my home PC. so there is another answer

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 7:07 pm
DJ Mad Maxx wrote :
This is still wrong.. i can add skins just fine with my HOME PC, but my work pc can't. 3.4 is not on my home PC. so there is another answer

like i said, it's probably a bug. give the dev team a little bit of time, using the default for now one kill you ;)

Posted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 3:01 pm
No it won't kill me, i actually like the default skins in V4.. but what about the folks who are STARTING OUT WITH 4.0. they don't have 3.4 to put on their computers.

Posted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 4:02 pm
DJ Mad Maxx wrote :
No it won't kill me, i actually like the default skins in V4.. but what about the folks who are STARTING OUT WITH 4.0. they don't have 3.4 to put on their computers.

then they have to wait until the bug is fixed. jeez, chill out. the dev team have had a busy week and they've got a forum full of people with problems. stop being so persistant about it.

Posted Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 2:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)