Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: The New TCV...How to get them?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hello all...

How do we DJ's that have the old TCV get the new TCV's.

The TCV's I have had a slight problem going towards the end of the TCV itself and I understand the new TCV's have this issue corrected.

Do we have to re-purchase the TCV's, or will there be an update for the people who have the old defective TCV's.

Posted Mon 21 Aug 06 @ 5:43 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I think you have to purchase it again.

Posted Mon 21 Aug 06 @ 8:16 pm
DJ-ALF,

Thank you for your answer.

I would hope to get more answers from the powers that be on this subject. The " I think" is just that... it's a thought, a guess, an assumption.

I want to "know" the answer.

I gig with Virtual DJ at least 4 times a week every week. I have turned the D.C. area on to Virtual DJ. I use Virtual DJ on the radio, not Virtual DJ Radio but WKYS.

I REALLY WOULD LIKE AN ANSWER.
A DEFINITIVE ANSWER.

And also...
What the heck does one have to do to become an experienced Pro user? I've been using the program nonstop since December, Have had a resident spot on the Virtual DJ Radio, Have been using VDJ at live clubs, parties, caberets, and on the radio, Helped many other users with the program, turned other DJ's onto Virtual DJ, convinced cracked users to BUY the Pro version, Not bugged the Dev team about 4.0... What else I gotta do
Give blood???

But really, I just want an answer to my question about TCV.

Thanx

Posted Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 2:59 am

Posted Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 3:06 am
I'm sorry that my answer is not satisfying you, but I don't have TCV (old or new) and I don't have a solution to get them (not cheap, at least :( ).
You have to buy a new ones, I don't "think" , I know because it is a hardware and you cannot expect to get new ones as an upgrade like in software. It is logical.
To get higher status you have to contribute here on the forum and help others with respect.

Posted Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 3:54 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
As soon as Numark VV is realeased you should be able to pick them up in almost any Dj store as they will use the same TCV. This will also get rid of that nasty shipping charge.

Posted Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 5:13 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djcity wrote :
Hello all...

How do we DJ's that have the old TCV get the new TCV's.

The TCV's I have had a slight problem going towards the end of the TCV itself and I understand the new TCV's have this issue corrected.

Do we have to re-purchase the TCV's, or will there be an update for the people who have the old defective TCV's.

The TCV you have should be fine when 4.0 releases. The NEW TCVs will be the Numark labeled product that as stated you will be able to buy once Numark ships to their distributors. If you think you need new TCVs and want to maintain the VirtualDJ logo label then you need to buy them through the forum.

cstoll

Posted Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 5:34 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
A touch off topic so forgive me. I bought the "newer" TCV's about 4 months ago. They are the heavier better grade TCV's from the first set. I believe that these are the new TCV's City is talking about here. Am I correct or is their an even newer version specifically suited for 4.0? Thanks in advance.

Posted Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 3:37 pm
Djej, You are correct. Thank you.

Dj-Alf,
If I have offended you I am sorry. You must not have understood what I was trying to say or how I tried to deliver my message.
I said thank you to you but then went on to seek a more specific answer.

And by the way...98% of my responses are and have been respectfull, polite and constructive.

If there is anything I can do to help anyone on the forum with anything, please let me know and I will do my best to help.

Posted Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 4:56 pm
clore46PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Will the TCCD download be different for 4.0 or should i just use the same control cd's ive been using?

Posted Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 5:17 pm
First line of timecode:
- sold out. Discontinued and no longer produced. Had a bit of weak physical built and tracking, so Atomix choose to try to find a different production company

Second line of timecode:
- In sale now, and been so for quite some time. This is what some reffer to as the "new" timecode, although the timecode itself is the same. The vinyls have better build, better grooves/tracking and thicker more "real" feeling vinyl.

and bottom line, the timecode is the same...
So the timecode CD free for download is the same today, as it was yesterday, or tomorrow ;)

Hope that helps ;)

Posted Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 5:46 pm
@djcity
No offend taken ;) , we are all friends here! You will get your third star and higher level, don't worry.

Posted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 6:57 am
djcity wrote :
Hello all...

How do we get the new TCV's?

Order them the Friday before an expo because there is NO WAY that a company would give less than a 48 hour notice [the Saturday before] about cancelling shipment of all orders for an entire continent like, let's just say hypothetically... the U.S., and delay those shipments of PAID PRODUCT because the entire distribution division is at the expo instead of distributing PAID PRODUCT to PAYING CUSTOMERS.

HA!!! I"M JUST KIDDING!!!

Calm down Norway and Alf, it's a joke... and I'm not talking about the way this shipping [or lack of] situation was handled either. ;)

Can I get 10 stars under my name now?!

I feel that I contribute more to these forums than Norway and he's got 8.

=P

Posted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 1:58 pm
ConQuest wrote :

=P

I bet you feel that way;) hehe
And true in the regards to the ever (so boring) ongoing debate about Mac vs PC's.
Not sure if all feels thats a valuable contribution though... But maybe I shall resign and give you my stars..hehe

Posted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 2:18 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :
ConQuest wrote :

=P

I bet you feel that way;) hehe
And true in the regards to the ever (so boring) ongoing debate about Mac vs PC's.
Not sure if all feels thats a valuable contribution though... But maybe I shall resign and give you my stars..hehe

Nah. You're cool.

Unless you don't agree with me.

Then you're just wrong.

;)

Posted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 3:26 pm
hehe.... ;)

Posted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 3:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)