Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Congradulations!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I would like to take this moment to congradulate Atomix Productions for an awesome marketing move. You folks are pretty damn smart. First you create such an awesome software, then you make the Forum open for all discussions(some stupid and most not) and you offer VDJ Radio to show potential listeners the power and might of VDJ. Then you let VDJ 4 get leaked out through the release of Numark's V V! You kind of toss out tidbits of information and phrases such as "comming soon" and "new sound engine". Then folks start getting mad and very impatient about the release of VDJ 4. Then you tell them that the new version will be free to all Professional Users! That drove folks to a frenzy. So more people purchased the program to avoid a much higher cost for VDJ 4 in the future. Bravo!!!! Then you anounced that it would be release August 21-24. A pure hit! Now people can't sleep, drooling, excited, the Forum is loaded with chit chat about VDJ 4 and it's expectaions. I haven't felt so much energy as I have been feeling since my return from PR. And finally all MAC Professional Users will have a free upgrade as well!!! Damn I am impressed. You guys are just awesome.
At first I thought that how could Atomix make money on such a major over haul on the software. But now I see it. I haven't ever seen so many new users before and all very excited!!!

Anywho, thank Atomix Productions for a rollercoaster ride the past few months.

Now to all those that have been impatiently waiting for the release of V4, I hope that there isn't much complaining about the new version!!! Remember one word...FREE!!!

MS

Posted Sat 19 Aug 06 @ 7:24 pm
hehe...

yeah... Atomix rather focus on making a good software development, attracting new customers, than making more money on the already customers....

Most other software companies do the opposite, charge full price for small bugfixes called upgrades.

But VDJ4 is really an upgrade, so could have been charged for in my mind. But happy to see Atomix again choose to make it free for already customers :)

Its quite extraordinary actually.... Video add-on feature... FREE... karaoke use ... FREE... new soundengine .. FREE.... etc.... I've seen other software charge bunch for each such new things... Not mentioning names;)

Posted Sat 19 Aug 06 @ 8:27 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I'm not surprised, Atomix Mp3 was outstanding and very, very stable dj program in that time with no competition. Atomix productions are going the same way since than and even better in production of new software.
Congratulations for Atomix Productions, Viva la FRANCE :))

Posted Sat 19 Aug 06 @ 8:41 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
And what about the flexibility of this software? You can make almost every plugin you get in head (if you have the skills), even if there are still some lacks in interfacing, but I think I will give them some advice for a new interface. That's incredible! No other software make this possible, or if it does, it's just in a very small way...
I'll help you Dev Team with new ideas; I got too excited in programming since I'm making simple things for this awesome program! We can make everything goes round our head to make other people happy (with plugins), just give us the capability to do this... and we'll try to make it possible! (I'm not talking about myself, because I still have much to learn, even if I drop my heart on my "creatures").

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 2:27 am
I maust admit the free bit may also attract a few extra buyers anyway, it was a helping influence for me buying it I must admit.

Other companies may well be scaring people off with word of mouth that says "You brought what you got! Want our new stuff, pay again!"

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 12:00 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Very well said, dj maddsound!

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 12:07 pm
halo_djk wrote :
I maust admit the free bit may also attract a few extra buyers anyway, it was a helping influence for me buying it I must admit.

Well, that's what happened to me. I bought it before Version 4.0 came out. :-) I liked version 3.4 and was thinking of buying it, now with all this info about Version 4.0, I bought it.

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 4:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)