Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Manual for Virtual DJ 4.0

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am about to buy Virtual DJ 3.4 and I was wondering if the manual was going to be updated with the new features, logos for Version 4.0 and be more thorough with the features already there. Yes, I am one of those people who reads manuals. :-)

For example, figuring out the Database Search function was a pain. When I added new songs to my folders, it took me forever to find out that I have to search again to add it by right clicking the folder and selecting the appropriate selection. Also, figuring out the BPM Dialog box is confusing the and the current manual didn't help much. I think the UI for the BPM dialog should be improved. I's a little messy now and took me a lot of playing around to figure out. The rest of the program was pretty easy though and that is why I love it!

Bugs: I remember seeing Title tags in Artist fields and vice versa. I hope Version 4.0 fixes these litle bugs (like video stability with videos that have encoding errors if you didn't know about it) and more.

Another little thing, man I'm picky. :-) When I went to uninstall the demo from the Add or Remove Programs dialog, the icon for Virtual DJ isn't shown. Instead the generic setup icon. Again, this might affect the professional "feel" of it. Of course a clean GUI is key and a massive feature ist that does everything is says well.

I am looking at the current manual now and the front cover image is a low quality jpeg with obvious high compression. Little things like this may affect how potential customers might view how professional a program really is. I know I do. :-) This might help to prevent people from writing posts like these, Haha:

"LOL! Do you guys really think you are real DJ's?"

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/27550/General_Discussion/LOL__Do_you_guys_really_think_you_are_real_DJ_s_.html?highlight=Manual

If I bought the boxed version of this, would I have any extra benefits other than a backup CD and maybe a printed manual?

Posted Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 5:15 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Manuals should be updated, those "Bugs" you were talking about aren't bugs If your Mp3's are named wrong that's what shows up heres and example of a proper way to name your mp3
Artist - Title.mp3 if it's named backward then it will show up vice versa in the browser, Tag and rename is a great tool to quickly rename all of your mp3's and fix there ID3 tags...also If you prefer that VirtualDj reads the info of artist and title from the Tags you have to enable it in the Settings.
Save a Buck and get yourself the Internet Download special it's well worth it

Posted Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 7:01 am
After adding songs to your folders, you don't need to go to that folder and select "Add to Search database". You Simply could select the "local database" in the filebrowser menu, click right and select Scan HD. Now select all drives that contain your music. Let it scan for a couple of seconds (Depend on the number of files you have) and your complete library is updated.
Ewout

Posted Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 6:28 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
2nd what philly said by internet version.
also like supersom said just select local database & scan

Posted Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 8:49 pm
I am about to buy Virtual DJ in a couple minutes... :-) I could hear you guys chanting. "One of us", One of us". Haha.

Is this the Tag and Rename Progam you were talking about? http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm

Looks cool, I might try it.

Thanks for the tips people!

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 11:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)