Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Quality Setting for Preview video.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ive noticed that because many video cards will only accept Hardware rendering for one screen at a time, a quality stting for the DJ's preview would be awesome.

It's because your second monitor "Tv out" is using hardware acceleration, the video preview on the desktop must use software acceleration. I found this by playing a video with no preview, just the TV Out, on my 3GHZ system that gives me VDJ using just 3% CPU. Open the default video preview in the default skin, this jumps to 35%. Using JN Black skin, with the centre previw 35%, closing this and opening the left Player video preview (Just a bit larger) I get 65% usage, adding the right preview 100%, adding the centre main preview too, 100% and system starts to stutter video.
Note that even if there is no videos playing but a preview window is active, the CPU useage stays the same as if a video were playing.

I know with vegas Video there is a preview quality setting that drops the preview res down in steps, this would be awesome for VDJ, where people want to use three video preview, at the cost of a little quality.

Just a thought

Posted Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 2:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)