Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Chicagoland area Virtual DJ's

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

xantharHome userMember since 2006
Ok, so how many Virtual Djs do we have in northwest suburbs of Chicago? :D I live in Carpentersville, IL and I just got my Virtual DJ + Hercules Mk2. I didn't have time to really play with it yet, but as a person that has *some* musical skills I don't find it too hard to mix with VDJ.

If you are from this area, please let me know and maybe we can share some ideas, etc :D. It would be nice if someone would teach me a few tricks too :D.

dj Techn-o-logic

Posted Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 3:48 am
See my post here. Check out my blog too.

Posted Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 4:57 am
djderricke wrote :
See my post here. Check out my blog too.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to get in there for the next year and a half :D. Thanks for invitation, though :). Djing in the place like that must be fun, but it could also be very *ahem* 'distracting' :).

BTW You have an awesome setup!

Posted Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 5:19 am
After a while it becomes just like anything else. A routine. I'm actually typing this as Im DJing, so I'm not too distracted. lol

Posted Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 5:27 am
Well I guess we get used to stuff that we have to deal with on a daily basis :). What style of music are you playing tonight?

Posted Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 5:39 am
EVERYTHING! :) Each night I play everything from Rock to Dance. I go all the way across the board. (And I mix it too.)

Posted Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 6:29 am
[The Next Day....]

I actually had a great DJ night on Sunday (7/16). Had a guy tip $100 to play some Metallica and Phil Collins (What a mix eh?). You better believe his requests got on right away!!

Dancer: But I don't dance to this crap!

DJ: Shut up and dance, I got tipped more from him than you tipped me you entire time you've worked here!!

lol.

P.S. For those of you who didn't read the whole thread, I work at a strip club.

Posted Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 4:35 pm
Wow, $100 for one song request - what a bargain :). I didn't know that dancers tip you too... What's next - bouncers? :D

Posted Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 5:42 pm
Oh yeah, that is how I make the majority of my money. The dancer are suppose to tip me based on how much they make. (But most of them don't know the meaning of the word 'tip') The bouncers or floorman as we like to call them also get tipped by the girls because they are responsible making sure the girls are safe. Oh yeah, there is a mini-economy going on in the strip world. :)

Posted Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 6:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)