Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Video Messaging

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I need the help of someone more technically minded than me. I need a plugin developed.

I have posted this message on New Features and it has been suggested by the Moderation team that the quickest way to get what me and every other club DJ will want is to post here and ask for help.

VDJ can play bitmaps and JPG as a slide show when there is no video associated with the track being played. However, if you are playing videos all night this is no help to the club owner who wants to use the bitmaps to promote coming events, drink specials etc., or even for me to promote my services on the TV screens.

I would like to be able to tell VDJ to play the loaded bitmaps at specific time intervals. This would be a strong selling feature to be able to offer clients. So let's say I am in a pub, club or bar, I could have three or four advertisements saved as bitmaps rotate and replace the video clip for say 20 seconds every 10 minutes or so. I can see club owners loving this feature as it could increase their patronage at future events, and increase bar sales for drink specials etc. Think about how you could offer this at your next job interview!

At a wedding, a guest could give me their photos, which I load. Then every 5 minutes, VDJ will show the photos instead of music video clips for a period of time, and then go back automatically to the video clip.

I also notice that there are plugins for strip clubs on VDJ. A bitmap of the girl's photo and name would be very professional. For birthdays of customers you could take a photo of the group, put it into graphic program, overlay a greeting and have a fantastic birthday message.

Once this is implemented the options for us are unlimited.

SO.... can someone develop a plugin that when activated will interrupt the music video and replace it with a bitmap slideshow. It would incorporate 2 sliders; one slider would adjust the interval, (switch time between music video and slide show). The other would adjust the duration of the slide show from a few seconds to Always On

It is a big ask but can someone help???

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 2:02 pm
I think in theory, you could make some bitmaps yourself, promoting your disco and other matters (maybe in the form of text) and save it as bitmaps - incorporate them into the My Pictures slideshow, mix them up a bit and you'd get photos and bits of text. You can also display your disco's name over the picture (not too big, else it obscures the picture, not too small, else it can't be seen).

I'm not technically-minded, so I couldn't explain it properly - but go to the Config or Set option (depending on which skin you are using - some even have icons), select Video and look at the options - fiddle around with what is available to see what works best.

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 11:21 am
Yes you are right, bitmaps are easy to make, howevr, VDJ will only play them when there is no video. I need to be able to play bitmaps if there is video or not. I'm still wishing that someone can do this with a plug in

Posted Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 2:40 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'll look to some sources. However, it isn't difficult at all, just to print some text on the original video frame...

Posted Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 9:17 pm
I should be reasnably easy. Just make an FX that displays all images in a directory. Then you just tun it on and off at will to show the advertising, music video or not! Perhaps even add a timmer to the code so "Most" of the time the video is unneffected, and every now and then (Depending on slider) it displays the ads for say 7 seconds each. That way the DJ doesn't need to do a thing! I'm afraid I'm not smart enough to write this kind of stuff.

Posted Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 10:24 am
I'll try to do it my way. I mean I'll make a virtual (just a hidden) window supporting OpenGL. I'm not experienced with them, but I can make some simple things. Don't ask me to make shaders, advanced particle effects, advanced image morphing or such things, I could make an OpenGL engine with quality like the one in Quake II at best... But I think my knowledge is enough (even more) to make a text messaging plugin!!!

Posted Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 8:22 pm
Thanks Texzk, I will be very thankful,

Posted Sun 25 Jun 06 @ 3:30 pm
Currently it's just a normal executable, then I'll interface it with VDJ. But PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO MODIFY TEXTURE DATA IN DIRECT3D 9!!! I've searched for tutorials, but there's nothing I need. If someone knows something, he's pleased to contact me (see my blog).

Posted Sun 25 Jun 06 @ 8:43 pm
I will try to get you the source code for the "strip club" plugin that makes text on video, as a layer

Posted Mon 26 Jun 06 @ 2:10 am
Hi DJ in Norway,

Have you been able to help Tex with the info to modify texured data in direct3D. I see he has aske for it again recently.

Hope you can help

Chris

Posted Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 4:23 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Don't worry, i help TexZK

Posted Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 10:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)