Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: BUISNESS PRICING??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Im not sure where to post this but though here would be appropriate, maybe we need a new topic for the business side of the house, anyway........what can I expect to charge for a 4 hour gig at a bar, I realize there are LOTS of variables but is the pricing simmilar to wedding gig pricing??

Thanks a buch.....

Posted Thu 01 Jun 06 @ 5:47 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
no pricing is not similar to wedding gigs ...if u have a bar that is willing to do it every week then u can give them a discount im not sure what the going rates are in ur area you'll have to do some research but usually bars are no where near the price of weddings ..also are u just dj'ing or including karaoke?

Posted Thu 01 Jun 06 @ 6:00 pm
weddings you normally supply your equipment. Bars have their own. So instead of charging DJ time plus equipment you'd charge them just the DJ time. around here its around 100-150$ per night (canadian) however different locations have different rates.

Posted Thu 01 Jun 06 @ 6:07 pm
well over here In Pa. it's more like the better you are the more money you get but at the same time bars don't have there own equipment (clubs do) so pricing is 150 to 250 a night depending on how many nights they want and how consistent the plan on being..karaoke adds another 100 to the price

Posted Thu 01 Jun 06 @ 6:19 pm
mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thanks for all the great tips......this particular bar/restaurant does not have their own equipment, I would imagine that depending on what equipment I bring will determine the price for example:

Laptop W/ MK2 & Powered speakers = $
Above w/ turntables & TCV,add subwoofer = $
Above w adding lights and karaoke = $

Im not sure if that makes sense, but just a thought, or bring it all and charge one fixed proce, but it gives the owner options if they are on a tight budget?? 150 to 250 a night sounds reasonable, I owuld imaging for 4 hours or so...5-9 happy hour, or 10-2 late night crowd?

Posted Thu 01 Jun 06 @ 7:10 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If they are just paying for your DJ skills/music then I'd charge £20 per hour + (UK outside of London), but this is in the ideal world. I live in quite a wealthy town but there are some cool bars that only pay£20 per night! some kids just do it for the fun! and DJ's like me complain they're useless ;).

Posted Thu 01 Jun 06 @ 7:33 pm
if your including karaoke 4 hours is fine if there on a tight budget give them the lower end price but only as a trial for 2 weeks and if their money picks up so does your price but i would never do karaoke for under 200 at any bar ...gas + equipment wear + people slamming your microphones + buying more karaoke

Posted Thu 01 Jun 06 @ 8:08 pm
if your supplying your own equipment I'd charge a minimum of 300$ per night!!! and that's US.
if something in your equipment goes wrong the bar doesn't care about it. Its your problem and if you gotta pay to get it fixed then you should be charging to use your equipment.

Posted Thu 01 Jun 06 @ 9:54 pm
d rocksPRO InfinityMember since 2006
DJ WhiteDvl you are so right!! a couple weeks ago djing at a bar and they lost 1 leg of there 3 phase power. Voltage droped doen to like 70 volts on the power cond. Some of the lights got really bright and some got really dim. PC shut down. Not sure if it is related but one of the lighting control modules burned up. Actually welded it self to the light. Bar owner made no offer to even possibly cover part of it. Been using this light for 2 years and never any problem. Also, the drunks do not care about your mics. They will drop them. Mic cables take a pretty tough beating. I finally got smart and bought lifetime cables from local music house. Keep a spare too. All of this costs. Depending on how may singers a night, you might get 9 months to a year from cables and mics. FIgure the cost of replacing them at ever six months into the amount of gigs you will be doing and add it in. I am really cheap at $200/night/4hrs/night. I live in the south and for the most part a average income kind of bar. Much more and I don't think he could afford to pay it. He has huge overhead, his problem not mine. One of the intangable payoffs is expierence and I have lined up many private gigs by playing there. One other advantage, I don't have to tear down because I will do Saturday also. Weddings are much more profitable. Sometimes you don't even have to finish, if the couple is really ready to go on the honeymoon!! :D

Posted Sat 03 Jun 06 @ 4:58 am
i think if i try to go back to wired mics alot of people will be unhappy ...so i get the worst end of it where drunks are dropping my $700 wireless mipro microphones weddings are alot more profitable but from what i have see a bar/batmizah could be ludacris

Posted Sat 03 Jun 06 @ 5:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)