Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: DAC-2 Plugin Help!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all, Just looking for a little help in remapping my DAC-2. I have had a look at the DMC1/DAC mapper, and it seems almost like the orig format for PCDJ, this I like. It also includes the ability to scroll (From what I read, as I don't have the DAC here to test it) through the record case with the jog wheels.

I really want to either build my own mapper however as I really need to add the VIDEO_CROSSFADER command to both players so I can switch video from the DAC. I would proberly use the left WAITLIST button at +100 on the VIDEO_CROSFADER command, and -100 on the right button, perhaps even somehow set it so if you tap the button, it "Slams" the fader accross to the new player, IE no transition, and pressed and held down would use the + or - 100, or fade with transition.

There are points from both the mappers that I like, IE the group buttons for the looper from the VDJ mapper, and the record case scroller from the plugin mapper, and was hoping to use the best features from both the mappers, and incude the video crossfader features. Unfortunatly I cannot use the DAC plugin, as it has no pitch bend buttons. The bend buttons are used for loop settings, and you have to press SHIFT to use them a pitch bend.

I have had a look at the developer SDK on the DAC mapper config, but am not up to speed on how to compile .DLL files, or exactly how to write the files in the first place. I would greatly appreciate any help from those smart ones among us that can help out. Also need some help on how to combine the best features of both mappers. As there is no source code on either mapper, where do I start. The DAC mapper that comes with wirtual DJ is built into the main programme I think.

Thanks

VJK

Posted Thu 01 Jun 06 @ 3:41 pm
Well it seems I cant even compile the default mapper shown on the website.
I'm using DEV-C++, and it comes up with a bucketload of CHAR errors. I only want to change a few things on the layout and add the function of scrolling the record case when a deck is inactive with the jog wheel but I really hope I don't have to learn to fully learn C++ to do it.

Also are all the LEDs accessable in the DLLs or just threee of them, is there a list of codes for the LEDs that are currently unused?

Or perhaps someone smart with C++ is planning a Mappable DAC2 plugin somewhere?

Posted Thu 01 Jun 06 @ 6:44 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I used Dev-C++ before, but i found there are some incompatibilities with VC++ projects. You'd better find a copy of VisualStudio (better if .NET 2003) somewhere. That rocks!

Posted Thu 01 Jun 06 @ 8:10 pm
I downloaded microsofts visual studio express version, but the forum here says you have to download another SDK then modify some other files, soulds very confusing and complicated.

Posted Fri 02 Jun 06 @ 7:57 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
That's because you've never tried to modify something other's... Every time I try to edit something made by others, I have to fix many errors by myself...

Posted Fri 02 Jun 06 @ 3:35 pm
Hmm, Well it seems I have Visual studio working. As I cannot access the source code section I would appreciate help from people on the following questions, Keep in mind I'm using the default DAC2 mapper as a base here.

How do I add a button that will swap remaining time, to elapsed and vice versa? (browser_updown Perhaps?)

Are all the LEDs accessable via the plugin, if so what are the codes for the others, or only the three that are currently used are accessable? (IE the FX Led)

How would I add the ability to use the inner jogwheel to browse the recordcase while player is stopped, and bend while playing?

How do i "Light up" the two dots between minutes and seconds, and the lower dot between seconds and frames, for both players?

How do I access the codes for the keys that are not used on the default mapper, are they in the mapper but addressed to nothing, or are they missing completely? (IE FX and continue, single ect)

Is there a quick easy code to make a led flash?

Can we access backlighting for both sides indipendently for both sides?

OK I know all this may be real simple to those who have worked with C++ before, but as I have no real examples to learn from I sorta need a little push in the right direction?

Any help appreciated, even if just one answer! =)

Posted Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 2:57 pm
Grrrr, I don't suppose there is something wrong with the default mapper in the SDK section for the DAC2. if I just compile the default mapper without moding anything, the plugin works, but if i touch either jog wheel the programme crashes every time, most annoying!

Posted Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 10:48 am
He this is vaibhav and i know the virtual dj totally ,but i dont have effects plese help me i request you
and send me the effects please for god sake .

Posted Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 11:30 am
You can download the effects yourself for free once you enter your (legit) serial into this website.

Posted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 9:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)