Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Some Video Playback Problems Solved

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

After installing Pro, i discovered that some my music videos that played perfect in other dj programs, were now just playing back "static w/o video)". Some of my videos played where the first beat of the song was either cut off, or had a "glitchy-screeching" noise dubed in over the first note. Any of these problematic videos played perfectly in Windows Media Player.
So in Windows, I checked the PROPERTIES of the tracks that didn't play. Where it says PLAY WITH, selected CHANGE. This showed me the suffix of fhe file...mpg. Since the videos had played perfectly in WMP, i opted to change the decoder for that extension to WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER VIDEO CODEC. (In VDJ, under CONFIG, EXTENSIONS tab, hilight the decoder, select CHANGE, and select the new decoder from the drop down list.) The files now play perfectly.
Same thing with the files that "skipped the first beat or had an audio glitcht at the first beat"...found out they were .avi files, selected that decoder under EXTENSIONS tab in VDJ CONFIG. Selected CHANGE and used the WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER VIDEO CODEC again. All problems solved.
If anyone has more input on this specific issue, please comment.

Posted Wed 31 May 06 @ 1:08 am
Well, i have some problems to play some mpg videos, since when I load them into the decks they seem to be ok, but when I start playing , vdj doesn't seem to recognize the codec and they sound ugly and the video doesn't appear, any idea? Note: these videos play perfectly in windows media player and some other software.

Posted Wed 31 May 06 @ 1:29 am
One thing i discovered since last post, you need to have installed WMP 10. It has the most current codecs as part of it. This made a difference on my machine.

Posted Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 3:51 am
For me I found that the windows media codec was quite a bit slower to begin loading the track. I also found that the in built codecs had problems with MPEG2 at some screen sizes.

Posted Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 12:56 pm
If you use the Windows Media Codecs, you need to make sure you have all the right codecs installed. (I just use the K-lite codecs pack) And it may not happen on all videos, but you will sometimes get a little latency on the audio or the video. (The video may lag behind the audio, or the audio behind the video.) This solution also solves the pesky problem of sound quality with 48khz encoded videos.

Posted Sat 10 Jun 06 @ 1:04 pm
Like djderricke, I use the k-lite codec package and windows media player. I have not experienced any problems since using windows media player, especially with the store bought DVDs. The best defense against video problems is a fast PC, a good video card and fast hard drives.

Posted Mon 12 Jun 06 @ 3:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)