Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Any Word on Version 4? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

MannasPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Any more news on when version 4 might come out?

Posted Thu 25 May 06 @ 2:42 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
It will be out when its ready and not a moment sooner :)

Posted Thu 25 May 06 @ 4:05 am
d rocksPRO InfinityMember since 2006
What a relief!! I was really hoping it wouldn't be out a moment sooner. I have found later to be better than sooner.... hahaha just joking sounded like it needed a laugh!

Posted Thu 25 May 06 @ 5:25 am
MannasPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Yeah, that's the answer I figured I'd get.

Posted Thu 25 May 06 @ 5:53 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
dont ask lol.

it can be a nice surprise for u!.

Posted Thu 25 May 06 @ 11:13 am
Yes, I also wait for the v.4 day to be surprised

Posted Thu 25 May 06 @ 2:23 pm
Must have lots of bugs to sort out as vip have been testing it for a while now.

Posted Thu 25 May 06 @ 4:11 pm
It would appear that some of the other guys must have infestations rather than a couple of bugs. Been in beta testing for say 5 years:)

Posted Fri 26 May 06 @ 12:46 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I have gigged with it many times, it has performed quite well.
We are not allowed to discuss the project.

Posted Fri 26 May 06 @ 1:09 am
Of course top secret. I am just glad that actual, live users have seen and worked with it. There are other softwares that the manufacturers are touting but no one on their forums have actually seen it.

mp3jrick, you are a real person right? lol!!

Posted Fri 26 May 06 @ 3:59 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Rick is right we can't comment on the specific's because it might just fall into the wrong hands. I can say this: VDJ 4 is the most innovative jump forward I've seen them make in a long time. It will be well worth the wait.

Posted Fri 26 May 06 @ 4:37 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Totally agree.

Posted Fri 26 May 06 @ 8:25 am
clayPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I've been waiting since the end of January. That's when certain employees of VDJ told me to my face that they expected to see it at the end of March!!

Needless to say I lost faith long ago.

V4 better be the freakin' bomb or I won't waste my time with the software or the people involved with it ever again.

Posted Fri 26 May 06 @ 9:02 am
alx2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Well Clay, I'm also waiting for the new version to come, as all the testers say, it must be great, and there's no reason why I shouldn't belive them. Also, the delay doesn't keep me awake at night... when it's the right moment, it will be released and we will have the chance to use it.

People complaint about BCD2000 delay, and now I've seen good reviews about the controller (not the software though). Vista will be dalayed for nearly 4 month, you can complain to Microsoft too.

I just think that either software or hardware development is not like 2 + 2 = 4. sometimes there are delays, sometimes you are able to do it faster than expected.

To conclude, YES, I want v4 to be released, but even when it's released, I won't use it on gigs for a while, so I can test the software myself.

Have fun,

Alejandro

Posted Fri 26 May 06 @ 9:18 am
@clay

Wich every new level version happened the same, but I don't loose faith.

I've been using VDJ since the beginnig, and I know the wrok they do is great work.
I can wait all they time they need, 'cos I know one day it will arrive.

Posted Fri 26 May 06 @ 9:26 am
"V4 better be the freakin' bomb or I won't waste my time with the software or the people involved with it ever again."

@Clay

You will have to do what is best for you. I believe most of us are not sitting around waiting for V4. I am using 3.4 everyday, and am very satisfied with my machine and the performance of the software. When it comes, hopefully it will be as good as everyone says. The last software I used, still has not come out with their new product, and they have been working for over a year. I did not wait for them either.

Posted Fri 26 May 06 @ 9:49 am
well maybe I can release 1 official statement from V4.0

Expect new things ;)

can't say more then that LOL

Posted Fri 26 May 06 @ 4:55 pm
@DJ_whiteDVL,

This few words make people more nervous :)

Posted Fri 26 May 06 @ 4:57 pm
well...I'm not going into details but there are some new features. gotta leave people guessing sometimes :)

Posted Fri 26 May 06 @ 5:01 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I am also eagerly anticipating v4.0, but I am currently almost completely satisfied with v3.4.
There are a couple of annoyances that I hope are worked out in v4.0, but it is still the best option out there right now in my opinion.

In fact, I wouldn't blame the VDJ marketing team if they have the software completely ready and are just waiting for one of the competitors to release their latest & greatest, just so we can blow them out of the water with v4.0.... rain on their parade.

I hope I am not giving the marketing team any ideas though ;)

Posted Fri 26 May 06 @ 5:04 pm
17%