Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 3.0 GHZ 2GIGS DDR RAM NX660 VIDEO 128MB STILL MY VIDEO STUTTERS - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

can somone help me please i built a desktop with a pentium chip 3.0 ghz processor. 2 gigs of ddr ram and i have a n-vidia nx6600 128mb video card but my video stutters and these video are ripped from promo only dvd's with teh program #1 dvd ripper. i also have my turn table connected with 2 tcv why is my machine not letting the videos play proplerly?

i bult this machine for this program specifically

please helpson i have a gig in 2 days

Posted Thu 11 May 06 @ 8:18 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
did you try a video that wasn't ripped from promo only yet? and also try without the tcv

Posted Thu 11 May 06 @ 6:59 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
have u defraged recently? , nody suggestion i know but i seems to have helped my pc

Posted Thu 11 May 06 @ 7:21 pm
could be a number of things - but it definately sounds pokey enough - have you anything running in the background |? anti virus etc ...

Posted Thu 11 May 06 @ 9:29 pm
Hold it!

The HARD DRIVE is probably one of the most important things.

Make sure you have at last a 10,000 rpm drive.

I use the WD Raptors and I never looked back. Video pausing and stuttering are problems I experinced with cheaper hard drives.

Make sure you do a clean instal of windows.

Jose

Posted Fri 12 May 06 @ 3:11 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
1. if possible record the audio to how the video stutters and share the file here. use a site like
http://rapidshare.de/

2. i saw this thread yesterday and waited to see whether your problem would be fixed by today.
search google for computer shifting from DMA to PIO mode.
http://winhlp.com/WxDMA.htm
"...The most frequent use why a CD or DVD port falls back to PIO mode is a scratched or otherwise unreadable CD or DVD.

However, there are a few reasons why a computer may use PIO instead of DMA, particularly when it's the hard disk port that falls back, not a CD/DVD drive port. "

it could be a motherboard problem. i had my files playing problematic and a new motherboard fixed that.

3. formating, buying new hard drives is the last option.

hopefully someone will help you with this before your gig.

Posted Fri 12 May 06 @ 10:29 pm
let everyone know if you fix the problem.
-----------------------------------------

for all you other guys with pcs over 3 years old if the capacitors of your motherboard look swelled your motherboard is about to die on you. mine did. the result was computer being unable to play only audio and video files on secondary drive, keyboard failure (and had to replug it in), video problems; video would just mess up and blue screen of death with video driver (ati2vg) as problem if pc was cold.

all you guys running old pcs with 1.6Ghz and under pcs have been warned.
or pcs that came with Windows ME.

got a new motherboard and now no video driver problems (almost replaced video card). no keyboard problems. and now playing files from secondary drive.

old motherboard PC133 memory USB 1.0, new motherboard PC 2700 memory USB 2.0. running 900Mhz running almost twice faster.

Posted Fri 12 May 06 @ 10:43 pm
Try going into config and changing the video setting for tv output to window.
Also, experiment with or without hardware acceleration

Posted Sat 13 May 06 @ 5:42 am
There are two main causes for problems with laptops and video.

The most common is shared video memory.
Many laptop's video cards use the onboard memory for the video, and thus share the bus with the CPU, which will dramatically impact the performance.
We are actually working for version 4 to help diagnose these problems by letting the software know and warn you if the videocard has its own memory or not.

The other problem (though unfrequent), as stated above, can be the harddrive. This is especially true of course if you're trying to play video from an external harddrive plugged on a USB1 port (seems obvious, but we've seen many of that in support ;)

But anyway, the minimum requirement for version 4 will say that audio playback can work on anything starting from a 1Ghz cpu with 256Mb ram, but smooth video playback requires a good video card without shared memory, thus if you are not sure we recommand desktop or small factor rather than laptop. If you use a laptop for video scratching, please make sure it has a dedicated video memory.

Posted Sat 13 May 06 @ 8:47 am
So, how would you find out if you are sharing video memory? I don't use a laptop, but those that do, could use this info.

Posted Sat 13 May 06 @ 9:51 am
i think if u video card's on board most likely its going to be shared. ie next to the keyboard, mouse connectors.

if AGP or PCI-e (where they had their own cards) ur straight.

Posted Sat 13 May 06 @ 6:39 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Sounds like the video card is the problem to me, he says in the first post that it's 128MB - I thought you needed at least 256 to run video properly?

Posted Sat 13 May 06 @ 7:03 pm
For Laptops use ATI MOBILITY RADEON CARDS!

I have it, has dedicated memory, and works fine

Posted Sat 13 May 06 @ 7:04 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Support team has a point, and so Norway, use ATI cards with dedicated video memory, at least 128Mb models. Someone should contact Nvidia for this problems with their Video cards built in laptops and their drivers.

Posted Sat 13 May 06 @ 7:46 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
"can somone help me please i built a desktop with a pentium chip 3.0 ghz processor"

As the customer of the thread pointed out, he's using a Desktop and NOT a laptop, just to clarify, either some misunderstood or we're going off topic.

SQUEEZEEYE, Do you still require help regarding your Desktop PC and Virtual DJ performance?, as you haven't commented since you opened the thread.

Posted Sun 14 May 06 @ 12:05 am
I just realised that you have 2Gig of ram, so you must have at least 2 modules. Are they the same? Try using only one module (1Gb) to see how it perform. Let us know so we can help you further.

Posted Sun 14 May 06 @ 3:02 am
i brought it backteh the store and they told me the problem was my motherboard so they are taking it apart now

Posted Tue 16 May 06 @ 4:37 am
they gave me a desktop to borrow that has 3.0 ghz and 512 DDR2 ram and my nvidia 128 card and they video worked perfectly so they are convinced that it might be the motherboard even though it is new.

i will keep you guys posted

Posted Tue 16 May 06 @ 4:44 am
Glad you sorted that out, motherboard is last to check in service. Keep us posted.

Posted Tue 16 May 06 @ 7:15 am
Well i went back to the store and they told me they found no problem but oi know there is a problem somwhere i just can't put my finger on it . they even said the mother board was in excellent shape :( well theuy know nothing for computer technicians so i traded mine in and got a new system from them

P 4 3.0 GHz
intel board
512 RAM DDR2
hyperthread
fire wire
card readers
80 gig master drive with windows and VDJ only
250 gig storage all my video and music

its the one that they lent me

it worked great for my gig
now i just have to upgrade to a 1 gig ram DDR2 kit and i'm good

thanks for all your concerns everyone