Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Behringer - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi all

I'm just wondering about the brand Behringer. I've had a look at their mixers and i like some of them. What i want to know is...Is Behringer a good reliable brand that will last, beacause I am looking to buy a mixer and I would like a simple/cheap one becuase I'm just starting out.

Thank you for any reply's

dj benji

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 12:30 pm

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 1:24 pm
Hey thanks heaps dj-in-norway, that decks.co.uk site is really good. Just i live in Australia so there would be a postage cost. Umm you would'nt know the postage cost's to Aus. would you, or anyone else?

dj Benji

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 1:37 pm
IMO the current line of Behringer DJ mixers is just fine if you're on a budget and do not expect the world from your mixer. Although they haven a good price/performance ratio you get what you pay for.. a budget mixer

Service from Behringer is second to none though IMO.. in most cases they just ship you a new mixer if anything creeps up within the warranty period. And are usually generous outside warranty (replace at cost or better)

I own three DDX3216s (fully expanded), two DJX700s (IMO they sound better then DJM600 from pioneer) and three VMX300s (great little 3 channel mixer..).

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 1:48 pm
Thanks again for that, yea I'm looking for a buget mixer because I don't exaclty have alot of money to spend lol, well thanks for the help and I'll keep looking and hopefully make a decision soon.

dj Benji

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 4:24 pm
Agree with Paul, the Behringer DJX700 Mixer is quite good...

read review and specs here:
http://www.djstore.co.uk/cgi-bin/item.pl?item=behdjx700

But some clubs I've played at have some cheap mixers, but the price dont always tell its quality, some of the cheaper mixers are quite good: http://www.djstore.co.uk/cgi-bin/group.pl?group=mixers (sorted by price, with user-set stars and reviews)

This one is both pretty cheap and good, and has integrated soundcard... for VDJ:
http://www.djstore.co.uk/cgi-bin/item.pl?&item=numdxm01usb

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 5:38 pm
I agree with the above. Behringer makes good value-products. But if you go for a behringer, make sure you choose one with VCA faders, such as the VMX300.

I have a VMX at home, and has not shown a sign of weaknes yet (over a year old). The one thing I'm not to happy with though, is the curves of the faders an knobs. But, of course this is just a matter of personal preference, not quality.

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 6:27 pm
hi,
i got different advice on the behringer if your considering the bcd 2000? ,i had mine delivered last week with high hopes,i was bitterly dissapointed with it after keeping it for 3 days!!!beware is all i can say to you,it may sound great in theory ,i mean its a good price etc respected name for audio stuff as well

but as yet it only works with the software that is packaged with it(bdj) ,which is quite frankly a really bad joke,its so bad that you cant listen to music playback through it (not even mixing),it cuts every few seconds,there is a whole list of problems with it,but you would at least expect to be able to play a song through the program ?

problems i encountered:
1-poor playback even after adjusting settings on my lappy to make maximum power(and theres alot to adjust,do you really wanna alter so many settings on your com just for 1 program?)
2-bad audio at the start of tracks
3-i encountered various blue screens when closing the software even after reinstalling
4-the behringer controller not communicating with the software properly
5-the buttons on the behringer console that you have to hit twice to get anything to happen
6-the total lack of any decent support offered by either behringer or xylio (the makers of the bdj software(i mailed behringer a week ago asking whats going on with the bcd 2000,no reply and im not the only one!!,also many on xylio forum have mailed the company ,no one has had a reply)

there are other problems,but im trying my best to forget about that machine~!!lol it really was that bad,if you dont belive me you can check out the xylio forum,there are plenty of people on there that have something say about this software ,most is pretty negative!!

my advice to you is wait a while,see if any companies(traktor-vdj-etc) are gonna start including support for the behringer before you take the plunge,because you do not wanna get lumbered with a machine thats not supported by anyone else and have to rely on bdj!

if your planning on running it on a laptop then just forget it !!it really isnt worth it -desktop pc you may have a chance,but there are still users that are struggling on those as well
check
www.xylio.com ---read up before you consider buying it!!!

hope this helps? ,

theymademedoit

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 7:12 pm
I think he's looking for a real hardware mixer, and not the BCD midi controller... ;)

But yes, there has been a few good and bad feedbacks abouth the Behringer midi controller.
Specially the software it has... But VDJ might support it soon ;) if its working good

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 7:55 pm
Well theymademedoit, none of what you describe happens here, while basic the software supplied works fine for me. My main weapon of choice, djDecks, now has native BCD support and I must say this controller way outperforms the DJconsole. And it sounds better too!

Also make sure you get the drive update from the Behringer website..

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 7:56 pm
i patched it as soon as i installed it ,no change at all

like i said if you dont belive the many problems check theforum from the link,the people dissapointed to those happy is about 5-1

and the support is worse than useless,not just my experience

theymademedoit

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 8:36 pm
The problems you describe are with the software, not he hardware. In all honesty blue screens are generally a sign of low-level problems and hardly, if ever, are caused by an application program.. But this is kinda off topic here so let's not keep this going here..

Posted Sat 06 May 06 @ 12:33 am
yeah maybe most of the problems are to do with the software,but until the console is 100% usuable with other dj programs then i see it as a problem ,who wants to buy a console that wont function right ?cheap or not?especially if the guy whos asking the question was considering having something sent from the uk to aus,

....and i dont quite understand what your talking about when you say its off topic??,i dont see its off topic at all, check yaself!!

hes asked a question its getting answered from both sides,is that such a bad thing?,id appreciate both views if i were buying,your one of the few that seems to think the bcd2000 is great,in my opinion at the moment its toilet,but im willing to give it a chance in the future,if and when it gets support from other programs

theymademedoit

Posted Sat 06 May 06 @ 2:06 am
The Bcd 2000 controller would be a good piece of harware but Behringer isn't supporting the software neither is anyone else. So don't buy it until someome supports it. You will be disapointed if you do. It's a good idea gone bad.

Posted Sat 06 May 06 @ 2:17 am
Yea as dj-in-norway said, i am looking for a hardware mixer, and becuase of this help I think I have chosen what mixer i want. While this thread is still active, I would like to ask another quetsion or two.

First, I have found two ttb's i like, but cant decide which one to go with. They are:
1. The Numark TTX
2. The Stanton STR8-150
The Numark TTX is $689 and the Stanton is $809.00, so as you can see the Numark is cheaper. First is there any reason the Numark is cheaper becuase the specs are almost the same, and the Numark doesn't come with a cartrige. Also out of those two, which would be the better choice?

Second question:
What is a cartrige and what does it do, lol

Thanks for your help everyone, greatly apreciated

dj Benji

Posted Sat 06 May 06 @ 12:12 pm
Dude, get a licence for the software, then we'll help you out. With the TT's you mention, you surely can afford it.

Posted Sat 06 May 06 @ 1:48 pm
Yes that did help alot, thank you very much sjursjur!!! And yea about the STR8-150's and the behringer mixer, thats what i was going to go with, but I might consider two TTX's and a better mixer, if you could sugest a good one that is under $400 that would be great!!

Well once again thanks for all your help

dj Benji

Posted Sat 06 May 06 @ 2:06 pm
Yea Im wokring on getting the software, dont worry I'm getting there!! lol

Posted Sat 06 May 06 @ 2:08 pm
Dont know the Stanton TT well, but I have quite a few dj friends that love the TTX... ;)

I guess both are good brands, and good TT ;)

Posted Sat 06 May 06 @ 2:09 pm
OK. Here it is again...

Again, this is mostly a matter of personal preference. Both TT's are well merited. Nevertheless I think I'd favour the STR8-150, wich is concidered by many reviewers to be the ultimate turntable today. The STR-150 (Not the STR8) is probably the best TT for VDJ, because the straight arm makes for the best tracking, and since you use TCV soundquality and record-wear is not all that important (as with regular vinyl).

Personally I'd rather go with used Technics 1210's/1200's because that's what's in the club, and I really don't see the point of the very high torque of the above mentioned decks, but hey, that's me. The TT's you mention have a lot of features that you won't find on the 1210's/1200's (Especially the line-out is very useful when in bypass-mode playing regular vinyl.)

Now, what I don't get is why you would want to buy a cheap mixer when you opt for these expensive decks. Especially since the price-difference between the TTX and the STR8-150 alone (if you buy two) is enough to get a Pioneer DJM-300 (and you should not underestimate the value of a good mixer.) I' would much rather go with two TTX's and a good mixer, than two STR8's and a Behringer mixer.

About cartridges: It very much depends on your type of use. If you scratch a lot and use TCV only then a scratch-cartridge (like the Ortofon Scratch/Q-bert or even the Digitrack wich is made for TCV use) would obviously be the best choice, but if you mainly beatmix, and also play regular vinyl (and do some occational scratching) these would not offer as good soundquality and also wear your record faster, and an alround cartridge like the Ortofon DJ S is a very good choice. I personally own the Ortofon DJ S, and I'm very happy with them. They sound great, they are moderatly priced and you can scratch your heart out with them (not literally... well I suppose you could, but please don't.)

The reason I only mention Ortofon is because that's what I have experience with, but of course stanton, sure, numark, pickering also make very good ones. I also would reccomend the Ortofon-style everything-in-one-piece kind of cartridge over the headshell/separate cartridge ones. Both becasue they are easier to maintain and because they make for a little more room between the record and the lifting-handle on the cartridge, and thus more space for clumsy fingers :-) BTW, when it comes to stylus, go for spherical ones, elliptical ones offer marginally better sound quality, but wears your reccords much faster.

Hope this helps.

sjursjur

Posted Sat 06 May 06 @ 3:08 pm
91%