Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: SET UP Contest - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I was just wandering, I think it would be nice if VDJ would organize some kind of contest for the diferent kind of set ups all the users have. for example :

cat 1
Laptop and External Mixer

cat 2
Laptop, mixer and xp-10's

cat 3
Laptop, mixer and TCV

and so on.......

I've seen so many great set ups in the users blogs that easy could be arround 15 users that could enter in the contest, and maybe VDJ could have like diferent kind of rewards, like, TVC's, xp-10's, MK2 consoles, etc.

What do you think people ????????

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 1:39 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
What's the contest exactly for? The best looking setup?
Weird kind of contest.... obviously those with alot of $$ will win.

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 1:47 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
yes, if you have money you can do whatever you want ;) But if you have 10 controllers, you never need all of them ;)

It is about having very few components and know how to use them to make perfect mix, not about having everthing possible connected together and don't know how to use it and after all you can do with TCCDs and cd-players the same as you can do with XP10. So why to use cd-players AND xp10???

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 11:47 am
here is mine:

I'm back there somewhere, but you can't see me, because of all the stuff;) lol...hehe... Just kidding;) its not mine

Anewsome has the prettiest and coolest setup for VDJ I've seen ;)

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 11:53 am
Anewsome? he don't have a blog :)

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 12:12 pm
its all over this forum, and on his page www.anewsome.com

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 12:15 pm
That is exactly what I'm talking about, that's the reason why it would have to be diferent categories, so if you have laptop, xp-10's, cd playes, TT, and who knows what other gadgets, then obviusly you are going to compete agaist other that have the same, if you have just a laptop and a mixer then compete with others that have that.

I have seen that set up, and it is one of the cleanest set ups posted yet.

So how aout it VDJ.....can you make the contest ?????

p.s. to I_rids, I have seen your set up before and it is also a pretty nice set up, in your case you will be competing against others that have the same equipment.

p.s. 2: by the way, how do you post pics on the forum ?

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 3:57 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Only forum moderators and teamers can post pictures :), but you could provide a link to your blog or if you really want a picture posted just ask a moderator and it can be done for you.

It's fair to say such a contest is about money, if money was no issue then we'd all have sparkling set-ps all neatly presented, but sadly this is not possible for everyone, and like they say some people have "All the gear but no idea".

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 4:31 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I guess i'm a little unclear of the objective of a "contest" also.
A contest is only going to draw people who wish to show off their gear.
I think we're all proud of our setups in one way or other.

If it have been a "show us your gear" thread, I would understand.

Maybe a reword with a clearer objective would make a better thread.
If you wish to show a system, upload it to your blog and link it in the thread.

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 5:07 pm
I agree with everybody and their own point of view about money and set ups. My general idea was exactly that " money issue " if you would like to have for example xp-10's but don't have enough money to buy it, then maybe VDJ is willing to give away some hardware to those people creative enough with the few equipment they have to have what they wish.

It was just an idea.......,

What mp3jrick is saying is a good idea, creat a thead " show us your gear " or something like that.( by the way......mp3jrick......very nice set up )

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 5:49 pm
I think its a good idea;)

I'll make a thread

Users can upload their pics to www.tinypic.com , and post the url
And I will use the links to embed the pic here in forum

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 5:51 pm
just great ;) will post when i finish a case.

@dj-in-norway what about make a new topic with only photos and description about setups, without other posts/comments?

It is hard to look 10 sites when you want to see only photos :)

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 5:59 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

I have to took a picture all togheter... for sure I will have a good place in OFFICE DJ equipment :p

See you later guys

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 6:10 pm
dj-in-norway,
could you link some of the pictures of my blog to the mentioned thread? Those pics are already uploded to the VDJ site, so I think they could easily be linked.
Ewout

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 8:50 pm
done ;)

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 8:57 pm
Thanks, for the very fast response!
Ewout

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 9:11 pm
For any questions you might have about my setup. Just ask and I will try to give you all the answers ;-). Also if you like to have detailed pictures of something, I might already have it, or I will make it and post it in my blog.
Ewout

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 10:32 pm
I also think the contest would be unfair, since people with the most money (or money to spend on DJ stuff at least), would probably have the best setup with the most gadgets. Experience has taught me that you will run across people in every field that have ample cash for the tools (for whatever reason), but fall way short in the skills department.

Me personally, I like the *other* contest that Atomix held. The contest to get your face plastered on the BOX. This means you have to be in the position to rock a hot party using VDJ. The pictures of the DJ with a packed house in the background are going to be the best pictures in that case.

So, no offense bedroom DJs but the club DJ setup would win my vote here. Problem is I've got plenty of pictures in the club and 99% of the time the equipment is NOT MINE. So this contest wouldn't make a lot of sense in that regard.

No offense to mobile DJs either (I do a lot of mobiles too), but my setup is so plain that I don't think anyone would be impressed. 2 turntables, a mixer and a laptop. Not exactly awe-inspiring. I don't even own any lights, trusses or fog machines, certainly nothing that would compete with Norway's truck full.

Posted Sat 06 May 06 @ 12:07 am
I agree with anewsome. I think we should not see this as a game or competition, but just to share experience. You could see something interesting in somebody elses setup. You could just ask how it is been done, or ask for details.
Ewout

Posted Sat 06 May 06 @ 12:26 am
69%