Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Heres an Idea - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
well with all this talk about what to put and what not to put in the next upgrade (aka 4.0), why can't we have something that might be real usefull, like the ability to use whatever decoders (extensions) that you want to use not only the few that are on the list.

Posted Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 3:17 pm
Opps I said decoder but everyone knows I meant Codecs. Oh well there pretty much the same thing. The only reason I even brought this topic up is I can't stand having to use windows media video decoder for some of my videos, I rather chooose one i do like with less problems.

Posted Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 6:00 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
ur idea might be too late lol. its a good idea nonetheless. a very good one. ppl with weak pcs can choose the less resourceful features.

Posted Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 6:01 pm
What's wrong with the standard Video Decoder option, it uses the default decoder on your system (e.g. I use XviD for mpeg4).

Posted Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 6:03 pm
@andrew87 Well for starters wmv videos dont work well ...if they work at all (they have to use the wmv decoder but thats a give me ) however some mpeg's dont work at all unless I choose the wmv decoder. try to load a wmv video and scratch with it
@VPCDJ yeah it might be too late for that

Posted Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 6:12 pm
philly, there has been a feature freeze on 4.0 for a *really* long time now.

Posted Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 7:30 pm
feature freeze? as in no more? I really don't care when 4 comes out it's not like were paying for updates beside except for the few video problems with those types everything else works fine.
I wish i could change it's codecs myself

Posted Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 10:06 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm sure there will also be a 4.1 and beyond, no single update will cater to everyones desires, it's just not possible.

Posted Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 10:18 pm
What codec can you get to decode windows media player 9.1 other than the official windows media codec? Actually, uninstall all your codecs and replace it with ffdshow, that will give you full customization of everything. Virtual DJ uses the default codecs like every other program there is.

Posted Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 10:35 pm
i see your point on the wmv but thats not a reason for some mpg's to only work with that codec
i tried ffdshow it doesn't really impress me all that much
@bagpuss i meant as is no more .."features" to the next version

Posted Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 11:43 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
codec is short for coder-decoder just like modem is short for modulator-demodulator and trasnceiver is short for transmitter-receiver etc etc.

Frauenhoffer or whater it its called, if they licenced that the sound would be smooth mate.

Posted Fri 28 Apr 06 @ 12:52 am
I'd like to see a feature installed which reads the files on Windows Media Player and puts in the artist(s) name automatically - quite a difficult task typing all that out in Media Player, then having to type the artist(s)' name in Virtual DJ, then analysing it for length and BPM - unless there is such a thing in there already and I don't know how to access it.

Posted Sun 30 Apr 06 @ 2:56 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
the alternative to this idea is introduce different versions of the program. a lite version for weak pcs (for some of us). and "pro/vista" version for stronger pcs.

or disable some features during install like some programs.

(i just got a new 1.6Ghz 512MB 32MB video would this be considered strong or weak?
is 1.6 enough and just add more memory and new vid card? what's gonna be the minimum comfortable processor power for v4?)

Posted Sun 30 Apr 06 @ 9:11 pm
Just telling us you have 1.6Ghz isn't enough, you need to state the CPU platform, e.g. Intel Celeron, AMD Athlon etc. It's a fact that AMD's run faster than Intel CPU's at the same clockspeed. My 2.2 Ghz Athlon is on par with a 3.2 Ghz Pentium 4 (hence the name XP3200).

Your memory may also be slow (PC2700 or even really old PC133) so we need to know that specification as well. I have no problems with a 2.2 Ghz Athlon with 512 mb RAM and an old graphics card now but I built the system from performance parts and have it nicely tweaked. However, in your examaple with only 32mb video I'd say you'll have problems and video mixing is something you should avoid altogether.

Posted Sun 30 Apr 06 @ 10:43 pm
21gramsPRO InfinityMember since 2005
How about atomix actually releases the 4th version already, personally i havent gotten what i paid for because the program runs like a toy and messes up all the time, getting money back is impossible tho... release was scheduled for shortly after musikmesse? What happened?

Posted Sun 30 Apr 06 @ 10:50 pm
21grams I'm sure I've posted in several threads (at least one probably being yours) about taking a screenshot of your Windows Task Manager's Performance tab, could you please do so? If you need help taking a screenshot PM me. The bad performance is proabably due to an overloaded system.

Posted Sun 30 Apr 06 @ 11:18 pm
21gramsPRO InfinityMember since 2005

Posted Mon 01 May 06 @ 6:46 am
You don't need ati* (2 processes for graphic shortcuts)
also SynTP * (that si for touchpad)

also it's good idea to post a screenshot of your running services

click START>RUN> services.msc

order it by the status (running) and make a screenshot

Posted Mon 01 May 06 @ 1:17 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
@21grams
If I were you, I will do a fresh install of Windows XP and try VDJ then. It will work better, for sure. Also, you don't need all the software that comes with your pc.

Posted Mon 01 May 06 @ 3:46 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
with ATI cards one is the hotkey poller and the other is the driver,
you dont need the hotkey listener unless you want to use keyboard shortcuts to change things on your graphics card..............

Posted Tue 02 May 06 @ 1:51 am
67%