Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Heres an Idea - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

You don't have as many processes running as I expected, thanks for posting the picture up. Are your RAM modules rated at the same speed as your CPU (e.g. FSB800 / PC3200) as you have quite an odd amount, 1.25gb? It's worth checking out your running services using the above method, but I've never had to modify those and I have far less RAM than you. It is possible that you have a spyware/virus infestation although that is an unlikely extreme.

Generally the easiest way to correct a non hardware issue like yours is to reload the OS. It may be a good idea to create a few gigabyte partition with a windows installation exclusively for VDJ although I'm not sure this is allowed by Microsoft. If this is possible, you'd have two drives with two different instances of windows, that way you wouldn't lose anything.

Do your problems only occur when using TCV?

Posted Tue 02 May 06 @ 5:26 pm
21gramsPRO InfinityMember since 2005
the ram is the same speed and spec that is designed to work with the laptop. I reinstalled windows and its still not too good, usually the when i load deck 2 the first time when im playign deck one itl skip... a common problem here on the forum. Also loops are released sometimes without me doing it and effects mess things up once in a while too. Timestretch is always disable as it produced chipmunks if its on. My main concern is why does the software release a loop on its own?

Posted Tue 02 May 06 @ 5:52 pm
yes a tcv only problem

Posted Tue 02 May 06 @ 5:53 pm
I realized I didnt test it enough with timestretch off after the formatting to justify the stuff i said, so i will let u know how it is tonight.

Posted Tue 02 May 06 @ 5:55 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Ok, tell us later is it better now. Oh, fix your swap file on same amount (500Mb) and try than.

Posted Tue 02 May 06 @ 7:36 pm
Seems to work fine other than that first glitch at the beginningwhen i load the second track..

Posted Wed 03 May 06 @ 7:01 pm
with regard to the first message, i have found serious gaps between the video and audio when using external codecs. but the internal codec doesn't handle AC# audio found on most dvds.
hopefully this and the dramatic audio quality difference between VDJ and other programs will be fixed in 4.0.

Posted Sun 07 May 06 @ 11:04 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
id run a spware scan u have a couple of nasties there!

Posted Sun 07 May 06 @ 11:08 pm
21grams, I've had that problem when I've had some system process running at higher priority than others. Virtual DJ is very buggy in this respect. I use a bat file created by myself to launch Virtual DJ and added the commands /max /high which should load the program automatically in fullscreen and give it a high system priority over other aplications. However, neither function works correctly and TCV is a nightmare full of problems. If you go to task manager and check your processes is everything running at normal?

Posted Mon 08 May 06 @ 1:51 am
Yea everything is , actually since i reinstalled windows and close everything i possibly can before running VDJ it runs pretty ok , i also got a skin in which u can turn off BPM and waveform, so that turned off plus time stretch off limiter off and reactivity medium seems to work fine

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 7:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)