Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New TCV?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Someone on this forum said "I was told new ones were being made with improvements." So, it is true that new time coded vinyls will be available soon or not?

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 2:41 am
Don't know.

I read about new improvements on the sound quality and other improvements with TCV, but on the software side, not of the physical TCV. But not sure if the TCV will be modified...

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 1:22 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
the TCV are now physically improved as well.

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 2:11 pm
mmm...

That's good news!

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 2:11 pm
Slash4PRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm not sure at all about this... listen2, do you have an official topic where it is written by a team member ?

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 2:45 pm
Slash I have been in deep discussion with Cyder over the TCV and believe me. The new TCVs are quite a lot better then the previous version. I have written about it in a previous post.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 3:39 pm
*whistle* ;-)

I can't wait to hear these new TCV at work...

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 3:51 pm
does anyone know if they will have the similar function as Serato Scratch Live with the a track selection area? And does it have cue marks per minute like Serato? If anything those two improvements would make worth buying new copies of the vinyl.

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 5:24 pm
cue marks every minute?

well...I don't remember having my vinyl ever having cue marks every minute although on the good old maxi 12" the grooves were wide enough that you could visually remember where the sample you wanted was. The new TCVs are like this. But Cue marks every min? I would think that a DJ should know/learn where the 1 min, 2 min, 3 min mark should be on a record.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Wed 19 Apr 06 @ 2:49 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
So if I were to order today from the US, I would receive the new TCV's?? Thanks.

Posted Wed 19 Apr 06 @ 3:18 pm
djej, yes I saw it written on the forum, the TCV currently for sell are the new ones.

Posted Wed 19 Apr 06 @ 3:24 pm
Yes EJ if you place an order now you'll receive the new generation of the TCV which are the same as the Numark Virtual Vinyl.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Wed 19 Apr 06 @ 4:23 pm
@ DJ White Devil...

Cue marks per minute are very useful if want to needle drop a song. For example let's say you need to get in the song approx 2 minutes in or 3 minutes in. You can visually see on the record where 2 or 3 minutes are. Serato has this feature and is very useful for that reason.

Posted Wed 19 Apr 06 @ 7:12 pm
good things comes to those who wait;) VDJ4 will have lots of good news for you all... ;) hang on...

Posted Wed 19 Apr 06 @ 7:29 pm
jeapordy theme playing .....

Posted Wed 19 Apr 06 @ 7:30 pm
Theres one of dj-in-norway his teasers again ;-)
Hope that with a little waiting my old timecode vinyls will become the new ones...

Now serious
visual markers on the vinyl is ok, but using timecode often, will train you how much to move the needle for around 1 or half a minute.
Ewout

Posted Wed 19 Apr 06 @ 8:41 pm
@low_fat_al

Have you ever used a Maxi 12"? The groove were wider and you can actually remember where the 1 sample was you wanted which made cueing so easy, the new VDJ/ virtual vinyl TCVs are almost the same way (not exactly the same due to some restrictions although close). Having cue marks...the only time I've ever seen that was when we'd use tape hehe. I'm keen to see the cue marks on the SSL TCVs though I'll look into it to see how it is.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 5:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)