Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: CD burning software

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Can anybody recommend any decent CD burning software

Posted Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 1:35 am
Hi Richard,
Check out the NERO software.You can pick up NERO 6 on AMAZON at very reasonable
price.Excellent value.Ive used NERO for a few years now and it has never let me down once.......good luck mate...........pfitzgerald(manchester UK)......

Posted Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 2:38 am
i've been using Roxio easy CD/DVD creator suit and Nero both are very good and easy software to use

Posted Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 2:40 am
I started years ago with Roxio and had problems for years with each upgrade and cd burner change. I switched to Nero when 5.0 came out and have not looked back since. Nero was some much easier to use and has more capability than Roxio. Also, a more stable and I have not had any issues with Nero. I am currently using version 7.

Posted Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 3:00 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 3:23 am
Safe people

Posted Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 2:25 pm
Bagpuss,

How do I change the settings in cd burner xp so that there are no gaps in between the tracks? All I want to do is make my own mix cd's and it seems like there is no software for free or at a reasonable price that lets me do this! Has anyone tried burning in virtual dj? I haven't even thought to try it.

Posted Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 4:19 pm
It is possible with this program (to record without graps)

Select the burn option (above the CD's track list), Take note of the options:

Track-at-once / Session-at-once / Disc-at-once: Track-at-once adds a 2 sec. pause to every track and Disc-at-once creates a gapless CD (without a pause). Note that some burners do NOT support Disc-at-once writing method. Session-at-once should work like Disc-at-once and is usually only used when burning data discs.

You need to select "Burn and let me choose settings" rather than "burn audio disk, two second gap will be placed between tracks". good luck! :).

Posted Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 4:34 pm
@ Bagpuss
But can this software take a continuous mix and divide it into tracks?

MS

Posted Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 4:45 pm
@www.Maddsound.com..hehe
Well I'd think so, but short of trying and wasting A disk I can't be certain.

Posted Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 5:12 pm
I do it all using Wavelab 4.0 but then again its not a cheap software either :(

Posted Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 6:07 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
nero is my choice, split tracks and all of that

Posted Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 6:10 pm
where is good to pick up nero or wavelab - any discount websites that anyone can recommend??? I want to start making proper mix cd's so I may as well do it properly, but thanks for the advice BP.

Posted Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 7:34 pm
Hi richard,
try AMAZON or EBAY.As i mentioned in my earlier post you can pick up version 6 which i use myself for reasonable price.version 7 of NERO is available but for what you need to do version 6 is more than capable,believe me there isnt much difference and you can save yourself some hard earned.GOOD LUCK.......................
pfitzgerald(manchesterUK)......................

Posted Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 10:00 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
nero

Posted Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 10:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)