Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: DAC3 Question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi there.....I was curious if I could use the pitch sliders on the DAC3 to control the Volume levels in VDJ, is this possible, it would be a great help....

Posted Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 6:07 pm
It's not possible at the moment, but will be when v2.0 of my DAC-3 mapper is finished.

Posted Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 6:36 pm
mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thank you......looking forward to that

Posted Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 1:29 pm
In the meantime you could use the DAC-3 in midi mode instead of native mode.

Posted Wed 29 Mar 06 @ 12:42 pm
jpboggis wrote :
It's not possible at the moment, but will be when v2.0 of my DAC-3 mapper is finished.

I don't suppose it will also support the DAC-2 by chance? =)

Posted Thu 01 Jun 06 @ 3:50 pm
No, it will only work with the DAC-3 (Different hardware to the DAC-2.)

If there's a SDK for the DAC-2, it would be possible for someone to make a custom mapper though.

Posted Thu 01 Jun 06 @ 7:11 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
You can always handle M$ Winzoz's MIDI messages. I'm doing that for my alpha version of the BCD2000 mapper, and it's very easy. I'm also making a common class for my own MIDI mappers, so they will have the same basic C++ interface. however, I'm quite busy with school and the driving licence, so it will take more time than without those works to do.

Posted Thu 01 Jun 06 @ 8:15 pm
hi jpboggis can yur mapper for the dmc1 use with orther dj software like visual discomix ? can u make one ?

Posted Sat 15 Jul 06 @ 5:37 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
It's possible ONLY if they have the same interface... and I think no one will officially make a plugin for another software...

Posted Sat 15 Jul 06 @ 1:40 pm
This would only be possible if the other software supported exactly the same plugin interface as VDJ, including data structure for song data and understanding VDJ's actions. This would be very difficult (And might even be illegal) for developers of other software to implement, so at best, they would have to write their own plugin interface, allowing a custom mapper to be created from scratch.

Currently most other DJ software products do not allow their users to write their own plugins - This is one of the many great features of VDJ. Users can write their own plugins to expand the software, freeing up the dev team so they can concentrate on improving VDJ itself.

Also, you mentioned DMC1 rather than DAC-3 (Assuming you are refering to the mapper I helped halo_djk with) - Looking at the Visual Disco Mix hardware page, it doesn't even have any support for the DMC1 or DAC-2 (Only the DAC-3.)

I'm currently working on the 2.0 DAC-3 mapper for VDJ, which will allow any of the buttons on the controller to be remapped to perform any VDJ action of your choice. The button mapping is now working (Although there are a lot of bugs to fix), so it's getting nearer to completion now.

Posted Sat 15 Jul 06 @ 6:55 pm
jpboggis wrote :
The button mapping is now working (Although there are a lot of bugs to fix), so it's getting nearer to completion now.

And very grateful a few of us are to you for your hard work on this one mate, waiting with a watering mouth here!

At the moment my DAC3 is VERY underused, this will make a major difference to how I work.

Posted Sun 16 Jul 06 @ 3:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)