Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: virtualdj version 4 - can we take off the 3 effect slots? - Page: 6

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

help me please

Posted Sun 16 Apr 06 @ 12:17 am
djthomas24 if you need a licence or plugin, you have to buy Virtual DJ.

Posted Sun 16 Apr 06 @ 12:28 am
Apopsis got it right!

DO NOT REMOVE EFFECT SLOTS OR COMPLICATE ACCES VIA MOUSE CONTROLLED DRAG DOWN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!!

Many people need multiple effects running, especially VJs.

As a DJ, I VERY often use 2 and sometimes three effects per channel.

Please do as suggested (and promised in previous threads) implement proper midi control and make the whole thing assignable via "what you push is what you control" mapping, like in Ableton Live. It really sucks going through the shortcut menu as it is now. If you wanna be doing pro stuff, you must make it like Ableton Live - why do you think they are so succesfull?

I would really like to see us being able to take full control over the sampler and the effects - especially the VST effects. Right now I get way too much digital glitches and bad sounds from VDJ when adjusting the sliders on any given VST effect - that makes it an option which is there but not worth using - and it´s SO tremendous important and the main reason I went with VDJ instead of serato/FS.

Give us six slots and give us complete midi/VST access and VDJ is the ultimate answer to us advanced club DJs prayers and will in time take over the market from dummy software like FS and Serato.

PRETTY PLEASE - WITH LOTS OF SUGAR ON TOP!!!

Posted Sun 16 Apr 06 @ 12:57 am
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
Since the new plugin engine is finished and will not be changed anymore, this thread should be closed.
I will not spoil the surprise by telling what was used in the end, just know that thanks to all the VIPs feedbacks from the betatest, it has evolved in something much easier to use than before, but at the same time much more powerful.
Just know that at the end we didn't "remove" anything, we just added new possibilities (and made things easier).

PS: @junker juks: yes you will be able to use as many effects as you want at the same time, and yes VST plugins are now perfectly integrated into virtualdj ;)

Posted Sun 16 Apr 06 @ 2:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)