Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: virtualdj version 4 - can we take off the 3 effect slots? - Page: 5

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
@Dev staff,
Even if, in most cases one window is enough, i'd say 2 windows will be much better
and much logical in view.
I suggest two big effect windows just below the players (in the effect page)
It will look as logical extension to the players and give an overview without to have to select. Also preferable for effects like eq/filters,
-The master effects is also important don't forget this...

A question:
Will be a new set of actions (shortcuts/midi) for the main effect slot ?
So if you click the little arrow on another slot (to bring it to the main effect)
will these actions to control the new effect ? (Select and edit workaround as in digital mixers)
I hope this will not change the order for the direct access commands for the effects,
I mean if you bring one of the other slots to the main fx window, it's direct shortcut will still activate the plugin that was on that slot, right ?

And thanks for everything !

Posted Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 1:36 pm
ReTangoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
To DevStaff:
Great, but 1 question: will we be able to control fx parameters (e.g. filter frequency and resonance) via midi or remote control?

Posted Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 5:20 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
That's what i need too..

Posted Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 5:43 pm
Thanks Dev Staff i hope it works out im looking forward to. i like both of the ideas but apopsis looks pretty cool

Posted Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 6:33 pm
it's ok for me!

sometimes i use the same effects on the 2 decks, but it's not really important...

Have a good work! ;))

Body-Blown

Posted Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 6:49 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
cant wait.......:D master effects and assignable paramiters will make my day. id dont even care any more i just cant wait to hear that quality sound!!!!!!

Posted Sat 18 Mar 06 @ 2:17 am
Hey Dev Staff, I definitely need to use more than just one effect...like i usually Use TF Filter with other effects like Cut and Flippin Doubles etc... So i prefer atleast two simultaneous effect possibilities for each channel... And Also, the effect must be controllable through my DAC 3..
Waiting for the Update and My support to the entire team... I know how hard it is to make programs... 1000s of lines of code just to make small things happen and i can imagine how much work goes into it...
All the best and best regards,
Dj Aditya

Posted Sat 18 Mar 06 @ 3:52 pm
@Dev |absolutely necessary to apply FX to both decks at once. Simple example is Echo Out from one deck and Flanger going on the incoming deck.... and many other variations of that. I would say it is must have functionality.

Also, please remember "speed". Need to be able to apply FX as fast as possible. It sounds like the new shortcut commands will accomplish this. So if I understand correctly, I can define up to 5 shortcuts per deck and each shortcut either selects a plug-in, or selects and applies a plug-in. Assume apply means that it activates the plug-in into the audio program. So does this mean that there is loading into memory every time the FX is applied ? Is this the way it currently works ? Is the method similar to how the sampler bank works ?

Concerned about effeciency and performace.

Posted Sat 18 Mar 06 @ 5:13 pm
Hi there
Reading about the decision of dev staff, but instead to see two effects slots (one for left deck and the one for right deck) i'd like to see at least two effects per deck, and i hope the whole list of plugins can be accessed and used by a good midi too and not only by mouse.
In this way if u have a good or professional midi controller (like MidiMixer or MidiConsole) u don't need to load (searching & changing) effects everytime you need another one with an intensive use of mouse.
I hope u understand me...
For me the best is reducing the mouse work and let me say the Bagpuss idea with 6 effects with a small selector L-R-M at moment is the best, flexibility and simplicity at same time, but please, improve midi control for all the effects

Another request: a good support for iPod / iTunes (with PlayList, ect.)

Anyway, tnx 4 attencion
ByeBye ;)

Posted Sat 18 Mar 06 @ 9:53 pm
kc10guyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I can't sing enough praises abut VDJ, this is a super product that just keeps getting better. I am use to the 2 windows however if you guy think that nothing will be lost going to a single pane I would try it. Proof is in the pudding. Keep up the great work .

Thank You
JG

Posted Sun 19 Mar 06 @ 2:22 am
manikiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Dev Team,
Is it possible to add a microphone fuction that has echo effects to the program? The reason i ask is because i would like to personalize my mixes.
Thank you

Posted Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 7:24 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 8:42 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
If parameters are assignable as actions to controlers (be it keyboard midi or XP10 for example) and you can have atleast 2 effects on at once then im happy.

Posted Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 11:30 pm
I like the way it is now, but it will be nice to have "link" option, so when you select an effect it goes for both decks. Especially with the right mouse button.

Posted Fri 14 Apr 06 @ 7:26 am
I think only being able to have one effect is too restricting, even if it is easier.
I also like the idea of having an effect "save" it's parameters so you don't have to reset it every time it's loaded.

Posted Fri 14 Apr 06 @ 9:22 pm
Offtopic
I was thinking last night, about the EQ kill function. How about, when I kill deck A (bass) and both decks are playing, deck B is still having the bass. A new option for this will be "kill switch", so when I press it on deck B (having bass, deck A killed) the option kills bass on deck B but "unkill" right away on deck A? This will be nice with the right mouse (short) button, so Bass could be switchin (or med, high's) instantly beetwen decks. Just my tought. If you can do this on existing version, than how?
Dj Alf

Posted Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 4:54 am
house2music, please stay on topic. Eq has nothing to do with the effect slots. Create a new topic instead. Just to help you ;-). Try using keyboard shortcuts. Assign the 2 actions (enable kill bass on active deck, disable kill bass on not active desk) to the same shortcut key.
Ewout

Posted Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 9:03 am
Thanks Superstorm! It would be nice if this oprtion is on skin. Sorry for the offtopic.

Posted Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 8:29 pm
hello i need samples please

Posted Sun 16 Apr 06 @ 12:15 am
ineed A License

Posted Sun 16 Apr 06 @ 12:17 am
96%