Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: jbl eon speakers

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

recently purchased a pair of JBL EON G15 powered speakers w?tripods. and bags they seem prettygood

im thinking about adding a sub woofer anybody know if the jbl eon portable powered sub any good

Posted Sun 12 Mar 06 @ 12:37 am
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
The answer to your question is...not really.

The EON full range speakers are good but the subs leave alot to be desired. They simply do not produce enoufgh bass to count and the frequency range is not all that good.

The cabinet design is for a full range speaker. It will give you bass but not nearley as much as other Bass cabinets.

Bottom line, to get good bass you need a good cabinet first, then a good driver (Woofer). Lastly, you need a good amp and a good crossover.

Hope this helps ya. If you need any help in choosing subs, don't hesitate to ask.

DJ CITY

Posted Sun 12 Mar 06 @ 3:47 am
my suggestion would be to go with a mackie, or my personal favorite... the b-52 act-18...

I've ran it beside the yorkville, mackie, and jbl.... The b-52 kicks ass, and it's half the price!

there's a great writeup on prodj.com

e-mail me if you're interested in more info.... I'm a dealer for all three...

Steve Lynch
Atlanta Dj Supply
steve@atlantadjsupply.com

Posted Sun 12 Mar 06 @ 8:47 am
I prefer the cerwin-vega earthquake, but that is just my opinion. At the DJ expo in AC, NJ a few years ago I was able to compare the Earthquake to a B-52 and the B-52 was loud but muddy as compared to the Earthquake.

Posted Mon 13 Mar 06 @ 6:05 am
I have 4 of the powered EON 15 JBL speakers. I would not recommend the EON SUB. As djcity said, the cabinet design does not make for a good sub. I pair my EON 15 with JBL JRX118SP. I have 4 of those too, the cost about $699 each. I've used all 8 speakers at a gig in a pretty good sized room and they held up pretty well I would say.

Posted Mon 13 Mar 06 @ 8:51 pm
I myself have a pair of mackies and WOW they are great. my friend let be barrow the sub from jbl and even better!!!

Posted Tue 14 Mar 06 @ 3:31 am
I have a set of powered mackies & use them with two yorkville powered sub 10 inch. For their size together with the mackies they put out some great sound. I find that even with one sub the sound is great for rooms up to 300 people.Anything bigger I subcontract pa systems.Make sure you push the button in to cut the bass frequency from the mackie.

Posted Tue 14 Mar 06 @ 8:28 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

I use a pair of B-52 at gigs and really kick pretty good... I like those better because Price and quality.

Good Luck!

Posted Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 3:21 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005

Posted Sat 18 Mar 06 @ 2:24 am
When I played at NAMM they had 2 sets of Dynacord Cobra systems that I played through. These are without a doubt the finest speakers I have ever heard, let alone played through. I didn't mention them here because both sets run about $80,000 (matched with amplifier). That is not a typo either. Eighty Thousand Dollars. These things are absolute bricks, very solid and very much out of the reach of the average bedroom DJ.

I looked online to try and find the set but the closest I came was this:

http://store.aiconsol.com/cobra-4lx-dynacord.html

If you ever see these things in action, marvel at them for a while. They are *very* nice performance speakers.

I posted pictures of my setup at NAMM after the show, I can probably dig them up if anyone wants to check them out.

Posted Sat 18 Mar 06 @ 7:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)