Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Simplified Anchor/CBG/BPM Correction/Adjustment

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
First advice is to set up a shortcut for CBG adjustment as listed in DJ Norway's blog.
I use the letters "G" and "H" as they are right next to each other.
here is how :
1. Go to the "keyboard shortcut" tab at the control panel of Virtual DJ
2. Press "ADD.."
3. Go to "RHYTHM" in the first column
4. Go to "adjust_cbg" in the second column
5. choose the values "default deck" and a value ( in this case -64)
6. Assign it to a keyboard letter THAT IS NOT IN USE for other function (say the letter "g")
Now you have a keyboard shortcut for SMALL adjustment for deck playing. It will move towards the left (negative value)
Do the same as above, but choose the value "+64" and asign it to different letter, say "h".
This will make the same function as above, but move small steps to the right (positive value)
This will make keyboard shortcuts for small adjustments of CBG to fit beats.

Then:
Cue up the first down beat of your track.
Open the bpm editor and click Anchor 1 "set beat".
Then start the track and count out 4, 8, 16 or 32 beats and pause it.
Now, align the grid which you can now move with the keyboard shortcut you created.
Now, click Anchor 2 "set beat" and close the editor.
This will set the proper bpm and align the CBG all in one move.

Posted Sat 11 Mar 06 @ 2:45 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You could also read my blog on "perfecting BPM's in VDJ" if you want accurate BPM readings and don't require CBG's.

Posted Sat 11 Mar 06 @ 4:38 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
one of my first posts on the first page of Dj Cyder's 'Post It Here' sticky post (in the New Features Forum) asks for an automatic way of the program to do this.

'asking for the program to come up with Anchor distance too (even if its wrong) when it comes up with BPM after analyzing:

----------------------------
Posted Sat 30 Apr 05 @ 18:23:01

Analyzing Anchor distance too with BPM detection:
when the track is analyzed it comes up with a bpm... (i know for the techno genre detection is mostly always correct but for hip-hop that's not the case especially for tracks btwn 91-110 bpm... )
it would be less work for the djs if the program even comes up with a Wrong bpm BUT comes with figures in the Anchor Distance (from Edit BPM). this way even if the bpm is wrong when u edit the Anchor Distance it would edit the bpm too. that eliminates the process of manually setting Anchor 1 and 2. yaknowhatamsayn?!

currently when the bpm is wrong one would have to go to Edit BPM then set Anchors 1 and 2 to get Anchor Distance. (i usually set it to 4 or 8 beats or whatever... and re-edit it to 4 or 8 beats... using the < and > arrows. So it got me thinking that if there was any figure in the Anchor Distance i'd just correct it using the arrows eliminating the slow process of manually setting the Anchors (1 and 2)....
the bpm freaks would appreciate this...
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/11732/New_features/Post_it_here_.html?page=1

Posted Sat 11 Mar 06 @ 5:37 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
would be cool if you could press G on the first beat and then H 16 beats in.

2 keyboard buttons to do the job and not a mouse, a popup window and some clicking

i would love to completely cut out ever having to use the mouse with VDJ

Posted Sat 11 Mar 06 @ 6:21 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yea many people take that stance because the mouse is seen as something that doesn't belong in a DJ booth, personally I don't feel the same, it's only for music navigation when playing live.

I'd rather be on the mouse changing 'records' than looking through a case manually, it's a bit more of a luxury :).

Posted Sat 11 Mar 06 @ 6:29 pm
its not about the image i just think its hassle to go over to the mouse wiggle it for half a sec to see where it is, maneuver it over that tiny button and prat about with anchors and distances etc. Browsing for songs is a good example of when a mouse makes sence but other than that.......after all thats what controllers are for, no more menus windows and click buttons but real hard buttons

the best solution would be a BPM tap that locked on to the BPM as it became clear after tapping for a long enough period

Posted Sun 12 Mar 06 @ 11:45 pm
Quickest way for me is tapping the edit bpm cbgs ...it takes a couple of minutes,specially with hip hop most of them are off!!so this is very useful
Andre

Posted Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 8:50 pm
hey dude, hows the club?

*Moderated* Don't you think it sounds better this way Xeo?

Posted Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 2:57 pm
nope, i think it sounded better before:P looking forward to hearing you play some time soon!

Posted Sat 18 Mar 06 @ 2:07 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)