Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Serial Probs!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just got the DJ console mk 2 yesterday and now i want to register my serial to get acces to the downloads. But when i enter my serial i get the message, that my serial is already registered.
Is that a bug? My Serial is ok, VDJ works, but why is my serial already registered, its the serial that came with the dj console and not a serial from the net. please help me

Posted Wed 08 Mar 06 @ 5:46 pm
did you buy the MK2 new or used? e-bay or a store?

Posted Wed 08 Mar 06 @ 5:51 pm
I bought the DJC MK2 with ebay. but it's new!

Posted Mon 13 Mar 06 @ 7:06 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Mon 13 Mar 06 @ 7:10 pm
never a good thing to buy on Ebay for the simple fact that people lie in order to sell something. contact support regardless and they might be able to help you out.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Mon 13 Mar 06 @ 7:52 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I thought licence cannot be transferred to another person? I don't think they will be willing to help, if a product has been re-sold.

(at least as I read the PRO version licence correctly)

Posted Mon 13 Mar 06 @ 9:20 pm
that's right erxon although he has purchased a hercules dj console mk2 with the home edition of Virtual DJ. He mentioned he purchased it new from ebay although if you buy from ebay you often risk the chance of having a 2nd hand product that was already registered by someone else.

In that case I don't think support will do much.

Posted Mon 13 Mar 06 @ 10:58 pm
Although as he said it might of been new, I remember there was a Serial number issue with the first batch of Hercules DJ console MK2's, this might be related to that.

Posted Tue 14 Mar 06 @ 3:24 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

In this I agree with WhiteDVL. For me this fellow have buy a used MK2 and the serial was already registered. We have to clarify this in the e-service, but in the meanwhile this guy don't will be able to download any upgrades or be a home registered user.

The issues with Hercules NEVER were a double serial number. SO I don't think was an Hercules problem.

Good Luck!

Posted Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 7:51 pm
It's all maybes, best not to speculate until his serial has been checked :).

Posted Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 8:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)