Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: U46DJ Woes

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey all,

I've searched the forums, but I didn't get the info I needed.

After lots of trial and error, I finally got my U46DJ to work, but then something weird happens...

Sometimes, when I load a new song, it causes the song currently playing to skip slightly. It's only for a split-second, but its enough to keep me from using it at a gig. This never happened with my maya 44. Any suggestions?

I have to say, after all the hassle with this card, I don't understand why it's the preferred card for VDJ...

Posted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 2:08 am
Socros,

How much memory do you have
what are: Limiter, Autogain, Timestretch, Max load and Reactivity set to?

I've noticed skipping with a few of these options and just want to make sure your setup properly ;)

Let us know

DJ White Devil

Posted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 3:12 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
sometimes i get a total buffer underrun on my soundcard when loading new songs causing the sound to cut out with a NNNNNNEEEEEEEEERRRRRRR sound. its usualy fine but i would realy like a 100% solution not a 99% one

Posted Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 3:26 am
Xeo, how much memory do you currently have? what is the coundcard you use?

I've had certain issues although most are hardware related

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 3:07 pm
KaymystPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi, I've got the u46dj too qnd I get the same symptoms (sound cuts) since I moved to my new laptop (acer aspire 5020, AMD Turion, 512 Mo ram ...).
But it gets worst when I try to use the Nuo4 to control VDJ (especially when change menus which doesn't appear when I use the touchpad).
I've try putting more ram (I'm now at 768Mo) to no avail.

Any ideas?

It use to work fine on ly desktop PC

PS : I love VDJ.

Posted Sun 19 Mar 06 @ 10:27 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Maybe the USB port don't provide enough power to you USB soundcard. Also check the last drivers form ESI, because the first one have many issues...

Good Luck!

Posted Sun 19 Mar 06 @ 6:19 pm
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I did find a solution: I sold the U46DJ on Ebay and went back to my maya!!!

Very frustrating experience, I'm still not sure why this card is now the recommended card for VDJ. I admit that I didn't try it with the ac power, but since it doesn't come with a power adaptor, I didn't want to bother trying to track one down.

If VDJ came out with their own card that worked like the SSL card does, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Posted Sun 19 Mar 06 @ 8:52 pm
the thing is found a way to make it better by increasing the sample size to 512 on the asio settings (1024 is just too bad for latency).
but I still get glitches when change menus with the nuo4...

Posted Sun 19 Mar 06 @ 9:19 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

VirtualDJ can be use with several soundcards, I like it that way. I agree we need an specific soundcard for laptops. For desktops I recommend an M-Audio Delta 44 PCI or better. This soundcard it's better than Maya or ESI.

But in the USB section we only have a few and the only replacement for Maya 44 USB was U46DJ. The first drivers are buggy but the last ones works ok with vdj.

Good Luck!

Posted Mon 20 Mar 06 @ 6:24 pm
I presume you are talking about version 1.014 released in AUG/18/2005, which is what I've got installed.
What do you think I should do for my problem?
more ram? add a power adapter to the soundcard? should AMD turion work ok with VDJ?

Posted Mon 20 Mar 06 @ 6:48 pm
Also, there are several people reporting the lack of volume control for the phono-in to be a problem. That beig said, I 've also had a lot of trouble with my Maya 44USB, since somehow it is not compatible with my USB-bus. I also have a friend who has experienced incompatibility problems with the same soundcard (it made his CPU jump like crazy every ten seconds or so). My impression is that audiotrak/esi products is not the most reliable on the market, and add to that they are fairly slow on driver-releases, and support is so-so. Unfortunately there really aren't any good alternatives out there (price-range and size). Or is there?

Posted Mon 20 Mar 06 @ 10:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)