Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Please help with timecode vinal

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have an issue with timecoded vinal.

I load a song, cue it up with the tcv, and the timecode will LOSE it's place.

This problem is getting worse. it happened infrequently in the past but is happenins a LOT more now.

Can anyone help?

Posted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 3:49 am
May I have some help please.....

I NEED an answer.

Can someone help or give me some advice?

Posted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 4:50 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sorry nobody's helped you yet City. You have me scratching my head. It's never happenend to me. The one thing I would check is to open the configuration window and display the signal to see if that is dropping to zero when the problem occurs. That would be worth checking. If it is, then we can zero in on that. What type of cartridge do you use?

Posted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 7:42 pm
I use ortofon concord nightclub needles.

The configuration seems fine.

I can't figure this out...

Posted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 11:59 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
did you ask the support team? and what do you mean lose its place? describe whats going on.

Posted Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 1:55 am
I cue a song up on tcv...let it play and then it will not go back to the begining of the track when I backspin. Even if I backspin even a VERY little.

I have to hit the stop button in vdj in order to get back to the begining of the track.

Posted Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 4:46 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I should have asked you to be more specific. Yup, happens to me as well. I've just gotten use to it. I use the mouse to click back to the beginning of the song on the meter under the deck (the time bar). Or like you say you can hit stop and then play. Annoying. It doesn't happen all the time. I'll take a look next time I have a chance to see if I can isolate when it occurs and what is different. I think it happens most when I don't place the needle on the beginning of the TCV but a little bit in. Then I can't back to the beginning as you mention.

Posted Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 3:38 pm
I have asked the support team about this problem.

I am waiting for an answer from them.

I WILL post the answer for all who need it.

Posted Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 5:17 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i would think an absolute mode might solve this issue, i think the only quick fix might be just to cue back with cue points when they get lost.

Posted Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 6:42 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
dont have this problem. have the dev team been notified? if they havnt included a fix for this in the all new and imporved 4.0 then there will be allot of dissapointed VDJers. make sure they know and acknowledge the fault you all describe. it would suck if they didnt know and havnt fixed it.

Posted Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 12:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)