Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: DAC3 1280 x 1024 Skin - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

muzzaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi Guys,

I am currently working on a DAC3 1280 x 1024 skin, and was wondering if someone with more experience out there could help me with a XML file. It is my first skin attempt and so far the graphics are looking great.

Posted Thu 26 Jan 06 @ 8:44 am

Posted Fri 27 Jan 06 @ 7:31 am
That skin looks real "HOT", I cant wait to try it out. Great Job

Posted Sun 29 Jan 06 @ 4:49 am
Thanx Nu Sounds,

gonna take awhile because i'm new to skinning, but im constantly changing the skin also.

ie. bigger browser space, getting rid of lots of dac3 buttons and jog as a result.

brushed aliuminium look. (easier to see)

and making the skin to suit Jpboggis mapper!

cheers.

Posted Sun 29 Jan 06 @ 7:12 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
for the xml, begin to add the browser and the settings button: it's the first step
Then you add items one by one

Posted Sun 29 Jan 06 @ 12:36 pm
Thanx Djcel,

i've already started what you have suggested, and it also helps looking at the coding of other skins.

i'll get eventually.

cheereo.

Posted Sun 29 Jan 06 @ 3:56 pm
I think leaving the original buttons on there will look good because it gives you the function of a real hardware right on screen, which makes it look real good both on screen and off. You can probably make a seperate skin with out the buttons and see which ones fits the user. I honestly think the buttons and color of the browser looks real good. I have never did a skin and wish that i did have the time to make one to fit the hardware and the users. Cant wait to put it to use. Jpboggis mapper is real good, i use it all the time and hopefully it works with the skin and buttons, I am pretty sure it will. Other than that so far so good and Good job.

NU Sounds

Posted Sun 29 Jan 06 @ 5:33 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Wow great design .... it's a shame that I can only display at 1280x800 :((

Posted Mon 30 Jan 06 @ 8:40 am
Thnx for the feedback & suggestions guys,

Nu sounds, i agree with you about having the same layout as the dac, but there will be some non functioning buttons. eg. the SHIFT & CP.

and clax, changin resolution won't be much of a task once the skin is finished.

I'll be posting an update on the progress soon!

cheers.

Posted Mon 30 Jan 06 @ 11:07 am
Skin looks great - I have the same problem as Clax though - 1280x800 widescreen laptop.

Regarding the on-screen buttons, you should ideally keep these to a minimum if possible (The whole idea and advantage of an external controller is for more hands-off the laptop use!) Perhaps you could use skin panels or two different versions of the skin to allow two different virews (One with full DAC-3 layout and another with just the displays and maximised browser space)?

1024x768 and 1280x800 would be the best resolutions to target (Should suit the vast majority of PC's/laptops and can be maximised on larger screens.)

Also, if the skin is going to have a waveform, it would be great if there is an option to hide it.

Posted Mon 30 Jan 06 @ 11:20 am
Here's a working sample so far.

http://www.mmusichire.com.au/DAC3/dac3.zip

put the file in your virtualdj/skins folder ( for those that don't know)

None of the buttons are mapped, use keyboard shortcuts or dac.

If anyone is interested, i can post the graphics in a layered psd file.

;)

Posted Mon 30 Jan 06 @ 2:56 pm
I told you to add the button with the function settings()

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not in DAC3.xml

Fortunately i know VDJ ;-)

i advise you the last skin engin, use:
version="3.0"
and add the code for the logo (see default skin)

Posted Tue 31 Jan 06 @ 12:15 am
Sorrrry bud,

its only an example, but i will add the version & logo.

btw, you have never told me about the settings() function. what do you mean exactly.

please excuse my mistakes, it is my first attempt at making a skin.

cheers

Posted Tue 31 Jan 06 @ 6:48 am
It was the fifth post of this topic lol

< button action="settings">

Posted Tue 31 Jan 06 @ 11:13 am
lol..lol,

i can be such a dumbass sometimes.

anyways, i have notice a bit of lag in the rythm section when applying spinbacks & TK Filter. I wonder if this could be as a result of the higher resolution skin?

Posted Tue 31 Jan 06 @ 12:38 pm
It's normal for TK Filter as it uses the same window to redraw the skin + plugin. It's better with a powerfull computer

Posted Tue 31 Jan 06 @ 3:19 pm
Hi Champs,

To score some brownie points, i'll be doing 1024x768, 1280x800 and for myself a 1280x1024 skin

I shall start with the most common 1024x768 and move to next res when completed.

here's an update pic on the 1024x768

http://www.mmusichire.com.au/DAC3/DAC31024x768.jpg

Posted Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 2:09 pm
Its looking better and better. i wish i could help you with the skin if i knew how to mess with xml real good. How much more you need to be complete? I can't wait to take it for a spin. Real good job with it so far.

Posted Sat 04 Feb 06 @ 4:45 am

Posted Sat 04 Feb 06 @ 5:52 pm
The 1024x768 skin looks real good. The buttons on the DAC3 Skin 1024x768 makes it stand out alot more than the skin with out the buttons.

Posted Sun 05 Feb 06 @ 12:27 am
34%