Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: DAC3 1280 x 1024 Skin - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Its looking good i like it 1280x1024 good good good skin

Posted Sun 05 Feb 06 @ 11:55 pm
muzzaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've finished the 1280x1024 skin and uploaded it. It's a simple skin for use with harware controllers like the dac3, with a large browsing area. Here's a preview

http://www.mmusichire.com.au/DAC3/Muzzas%201280x1024.jpg

Hope you like it.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

;)

Posted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 3:45 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You have named your skin "Mario Kovac" on the skin webpage (it was not your name but the title on the webpage). Are you sure you want to keep that as it's not really representative of the skin for me.

Posted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 6:05 pm
That's not what i named the skin and i cannot find it on the skin webpage as yet?

I'm not fussed about what it's called, perhaps you can make a suggestion as to what it should be called. The main thing is that the skin is shared and used by others if they find that it suits there needs.

Cheers.

Posted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 9:40 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
i don't see anything to change the gain on your skin, is this voluntary?

very simple skin, could be used with TimeCoded setup, i like it, it has nice graphics, simple and goodlooking.

Posted Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 2:08 am
thanx for the feedback fellas,

i did'nt include the gain change because i mp3gain all my tracks and have no need for it. It can easily be introduced by myself or anyone else if they would like to tinker with it.

Never created a skin before, and i'm sure there is lots of room for improvements or changes to suit ones needs. Things can only get better ;)

Cheerio.

Posted Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 6:21 am

Posted Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 9:09 am
i've submitted it to the Virtualdj website. It is currently being reviewed.

The link i have posted is just a pic of what it looks like. :)

Posted Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 9:27 am
OK
I LOVE THE SKIN
I LOVE THE SKIN
I LOVE THE SKIN
AND I DOTE HAVE A DAC 3 AND I LOVE IT

I can't wait to take it for a spin
Good job. YOU ARE A PRO

Posted Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 11:16 am
lol, i'm glad you like the looks so far. I have tried to give the skin some simplicity and a professional look for a professional peice of software. Jpboggis seems to have sound advice on designing a practical skin, hence the simple layout, minimal buttons and large browser space. i have also added the loop numbers under the buttons in conjuction with Jp's sensational mapper. Full credit to the guy for his contribution.And perhaps the next version i could incorporate a panel for video amongst other ideas and suggestions.

There has been many hours of hard work that has gone into designing skins, plugins, etc. from the members in this community. I can only say that i'm happy to be part of this contribution.

:)

Posted Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 12:51 pm
Hey DJ FORMAT,

I've shipped the skin via an old sailing boat, the winds must have died down and it's certainly taking its time. lol.

PM me and i'll give you the link so that you could take it for a spin.

;)

Posted Sun 12 Feb 06 @ 4:34 am
I tell you what Muzza, you have done a great job to make the skin look as good as possible and so realistic. i am glad its done and cant wait to give both those skin versions a try. Hopefully it wont take long for its approval. Good Job bro

Posted Sun 12 Feb 06 @ 5:44 pm
Hi muzza,
sorry for not being in contact sooner but i have a son with cerable paulsy and he has not been well for a few days,so i have been busy.
i also rely on my patner helping me with responces to the post as i have dyslectcia .yes i would like the download link for your DAC 3 skin,i have been checking the website twice a day for the link and thought they were taking a long time.
i would love to learn how to skin the software i have been skining PCDJ FX VRM using active skin for several years now,i wish they would develope a piece of software that the code and grafics were created at the same time like you see what you get sort of thing which is how active skin works no code to be written it is frustrating for me to understanding XML files,the grafics i understand, linking the XLM file to the graphics file i dont understand,i can create my own websites but XML is new to me

thanks very much look forward to the download link,
DJ FORMAT

Posted Mon 13 Feb 06 @ 4:37 pm
Not too long to go,

Date: Tue 14 Feb 06 @ 20:52:06
Teamer: acw_dj
We are very busy, sorry for that. Normally it wouldn't take more than a couple of days...

But All skins must come with the VirtualDJ Logo on it.

Posted Wed 15 Feb 06 @ 5:29 am

Posted Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 2:45 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
yeah i was wanting to see this in the 1024 x 768 size also

i think what you have to do is look in the registry and look for something with skins and then change the text to include default, so when vdj opens it will be default skin, you'll have to search on that one in the forums, Or crtl alt del and close it the hard way i think it might not save any new settings.

that was a reply to a post that was deleted ... i think :)

Posted Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 6:06 pm
For the 1024 x 768 users,

This skin is only for higher resolutions. But if you have already installed the skin just Alt F4 to close VirtualDJ and then goto your SKINS folder and delete the DAC3companion zip file.

The next time you load VirtualDJ it will load the default skin.

:)

Posted Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 9:39 pm
Can I get the link to the 1024 x 768 skin if possible. Thank You

Posted Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 12:43 am
bmac16PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Will you be making the skin that looks exactly like the Dac-3?. I saw the picture of it but I don't see the actual skin. The Dac-3 without all the buttons is nice but the 1st skin has more impact in my opinion

Posted Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 12:44 am
You right the skin with the buttons makes it look real good. Much bigger impact

Posted Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 12:46 am
69%