Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Volume equalizing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When adding new track to each side how do you keep the volume the same

Posted Wed 04 Jan 06 @ 1:29 am
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
click on config. in the settings menu, click on FAME settings. Enable Auto Gain. Click O.K. and there ya go...
Each song will have to have been played in order for this to work. I might be wrong on that, i'm not sure. Anyone wanna help?

Posted Wed 04 Jan 06 @ 1:43 am
Under config go to Fame Setting. Change Auto Gain to "Always Match". Exit Skin.
Now in your gain control, if you are using Serge's SV Mixstation sking, make the round knob or button say -4.0 dB or -5.0 dB on both sides. Your tracks should now play in the same volume.
Hope this helps, if not, check Norway's posts in the mix sections of the forums.

Cuidate!
Batibiri
Virtual Dj Witness Protection Program

Posted Wed 04 Jan 06 @ 3:26 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Songs do not have to have been palyed first for the gains to match, however, if you load up a tune and begin playing it before it is completely load (and analyzed) then the gain will not be matched. The matching occurs only after the song is completely loaded and analyzed, and if matching were to occur on a playing song, it would cause a jump in volume while playing, which is decidedly worse than an unmatched gain.

Posted Wed 04 Jan 06 @ 5:31 pm
There is software available to normalize your tracks, based on the audibile sound volume created, rather than the peak volume...

http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net

I personally don't use the gain matching feature, all my music is gain matched already =)

N.B That sofware does not re-code your files either, so the file quality is never touched.

Posted Wed 04 Jan 06 @ 9:56 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
One way of looking at it, but personally I'd rather keep my files as 'pure' as possible, they don't need baptizing twice.

Posted Wed 04 Jan 06 @ 10:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)