Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Why??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hey all

first off, a very happy new year to all of you and your families. May this year see the fruition of your labour and the fullfillment of your desires.

I just wanted to know what your "DJ Name" is and why.. just..

I'll go first.

I chose DJ Rudra because Rudra is another name for Lord Shiva as the "howler." Lord Shiva is the Lord of Destruction in the Trinity of Hindu Gods..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudra

I am from India and all our gods have a lot of names..

I am Shiva "bhakt", which means devotee and so i chose it to invoke his power whenever i play

i would like to know why you guys chose your respective names and i am sure others would too..

cheers

DJ Rudra

Posted Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 4:03 pm
hehe...

When not using my regular name, I just use a couple of ones for fun, no deep meaning :

- Dj Justin Time
- Dj Justin Credible
- Dj Joe King
- Dj Colargol (favorite child tv series when young..hehe)

Lately I have been using :
- Dj Norman Beats

Norman : "man from the north" or Norway
Beats: well ... hehe... beats!

and a "parody" of the name Norman Bates - the killer in the Psycho movies

Guess it kinda means "the man from the North, killing the beats" or something... lol ;) hehe

Posted Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 4:19 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
well i used to be Dj-4a-dollar...but i ain't made one dime off it so ...
I didn't really pick mine, i think it picked me... but Listen2 cuz that's what you need 2 do, from there it just stuck, i really don't think i'd have to battle for the name rights but if i must...

Posted Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 4:42 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
interesting topic. mine is too simple, my initials and childhood nickname. I liked it better back in the day when I did it full time and names like e-rock (another one i went with) and e-man were in style during early hip hop. I go by Digital E when I do a gig here and there now...well..because I use a computer.

Posted Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 5:39 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I personally prefer to use my original birth name, I've thought about DJ this and DJ that but nothing seems to cut it for me.

At least you have the legal right to use your real name, and people who already know you will recognise you easier, it's also a nice thing to see your real name on posters everywhere, not that I've ever ahd that experience :).

Posted Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 6:03 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Mine came to be because we aren't really "disc" jockeys, unless you can qualify hard discs.
We are "mp3j's", and it sort of stuck.

Posted Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 6:24 pm
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
What's good everybody....
DJ CITY
The name was given to me as a dj in N.Y.C. I was born and bread in New York City and did ALOT of shows. My name once was DJ Celo for the fact that I used to play celo on the corner. For those who dont know what celo is, it's a dice game.
I played in Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, The Isliand, Mount Vernon, and New Jersey. I was a citywide dj so people started calling me City, hence...DJ CITY was born. I Played for 3 years in Germany also. I play in the Washington D.C. Tri State aera now. D.C., Maryland and Virginia. I still do out of town shows as well.
To all my fellow DJ,s
KEEP IT MOVIN

Posted Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 9:26 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Happy New Year All!

The name I use is DJ Rids. It basically comes from my last name just shortened which is Ridling.

Posted Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 10:28 pm
Well I have always been DJ MaddSound, because of the Madd Soundz of my Street Style of mixing. BTW that is a name that was given to me when I was 16 years old.

MS

Posted Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 11:17 pm
I prefer to use my birthname more than any other name. I also use Vinyl Manipulator and A-Swift.

Posted Wed 04 Jan 06 @ 12:18 am
Well my name I had though of way back when I started DJing and thought of it for a friend who was thinking of becoming a DJ but never actually did anything to go into the field. I just kept the name and used it for myself.

Hence

DJ White Devil

Posted Wed 04 Jan 06 @ 4:00 am
birthname, i just cba to think of DJ somethingorotherthathasn'talreadybeentaken...

Posted Wed 04 Jan 06 @ 10:13 pm
Well, believe it or not i was born SPIDER ALEN JEFFERY CHARLES ******(SURNAME) !

Natueraly i choose to stick with SPIDER the "spin spin" was added a while ago, when i was mucking about trying to draw what ultimatly gave me the name "spin spin spider" it covers all bases, spin spin as in decks, and what spiders do best!

incase you wondering, the drawing above .......... 2 decks either side of a funky lookin spider vinyl's are yes you guessed shapped like a circular spiders web ! (all in colour, animated).

one day it will be recognised as well as the ""swan T" of Tiesto!!

Posted Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 1:55 pm
djbobbyv

Posted Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 1:59 pm
I was named by my DJ friend who taught me how to DJ. I used to jump around and dance while I was DJ'ing. (Still do hehe)

So he took my name which is Jim and added the jumping part and you get DJ JumpinJim :-)

Posted Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 3:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)